DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Reactions: Link
I have been reading this thread sporadically and I didn't watch this service too much after the first day. Then, the picture quality looked good. Now after reading snippets of this thread and checking the picture quality again, it is horrible.
There are other problems I have encountered too. I signed up for the free Apple TV offer and the shipment was lost by Fed Ex, so Fed Ex tells me. This fulfillment company won't seem to send me another.
They have severely insane restrictions on web browsers, customer service is chat only.
This is turning out to be like the new Macbook Pro.
I wonder what Consumer Reports is going to say.
Honestly, what do you expect from AT&T.

Reactions: camo
I add hbo my direc now package should I be able to use the hbo go app on my Sony 4 k tv? I' m watching direc now on amazon fire .

Pq is back to 720 this morning, frame rate is close to 60. Bitrate is still half what Vue shows.

But much better than it was.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Called the distribution center for AT&T Directv Now and was told the Apple TV went out yesterday, and that I should be receiving it by tomorrow. I will be happy if this happens.
I am really disappointed in the picture quality.

It is difficult for me to tell picture quality. Apple TV has good picture quality, but I am not sure about this service.

Haven't really watched any myself at house since the intial launch date. My son is watching it a lot though because it has ESPN (dish flex pack lacks it). Initial quality was better than dish network I will admit, maybe 15-20% better. Will check it out again later today or tomorrow to see how it looks.

I think I am going to keep it for about 6 months the after the 3 month trial runs out just to see how things pan out. I'd hate to see some major improvements and I want to go back and then having to end up paying pretty much what I am now with dish, which would result in no point of switching.

This whole local channel thing needs to be figured out. Must have them for at least NFL games or they should offer Sunday ticket as part of it. Other than that everything I watch is on the channels that come with it.

Haven't really watched any myself at house since the intial launch date. My son is watching it a lot though because it has ESPN (dish flex pack lacks it). Initial quality was better than dish network I will admit, maybe 15-20% better. Will check it out again later today or tomorrow to see how it looks.

I think I am going to keep it for about 6 months the after the 3 month trial runs out just to see how things pan out. I'd hate to see some major improvements and I want to go back and then having to end up paying pretty much what I am now with dish, which would result in no point of switching.

This whole local channel thing needs to be figured out. Must have them for at least NFL games or they should offer Sunday ticket as part of it. Other than that everything I watch is on the channels that come with it.
For the introductory price its a good deal if it was dependable but its not.
When it went to 360 resolution for 3 days without any advance warning, explanation or simply acknowledgement I decided Its too unreliable, even if offered as free service I would need to keep satellite.

Last edited:
I want to know is this a threat or an offer?? haha
Who in their right mind would use this POS for a tv provider? And only Now.
They have nowhere to go but up but Now is clearly on the bottom.
BTW. I'd love to have Now make me eat crow in the near future as I would like to try again.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I don't know who would want Directv satellite either. Their prices are outrageous, their channel interface and lineup is confusing, and they still charge an extra fee for HD...

I don't know who would want Directv satellite either. Their prices are outrageous, their channel interface and lineup is confusing, and they still charge an extra fee for HD...

The fees are ultimately what did it for me. $28 in receiver fees, plus another $10 just to watch HD. That is crazy. Added Vue so I can watch TV until DTVN get's their shtuff together.

Reactions: Link
The fees are ultimately what did it for me. $28 in receiver fees, plus another $10 just to watch HD. That is crazy. Added Vue so I can watch TV until DTVN get's their shtuff together.

Agree here. Fees are excessive IMO, I just got an offer to come back to DTV, $200 Visa, $40 x 12 Ultimate pkg. the only package that has what I want. Includes free Geni install & upgrade is tempting if they throw in 4k setup. On face looks great but add the HD and equipment charges plus extra $10 for distant locals the second year is back at $120+ month and I'm calling all the time for discounts which I get tired of doing. Paying $40 in extra fees is whats making other options popular. 2 TV's best non premium package shouldn't be over $100 month.

Reactions: reddice
As of last night, I am now a PS Vue Ultra sub and a DTVN Go Big sub and I have a feeling I will stay that way for awhile. Here is my reasoning.
  • PS Vue $65 for 5 streams, with all my locals, NFL Network, Esqure, Boomerang (for kids lol) and HBO and Showtime.
  • PS Vue supports most network apps for every channel with an app and DVR.
  • DTV Now $35 for two streams gives me A&E and missing Viacom channels from Vue, plus MLB Network.
  • Total combined is $100 which is still $30 less than I am paying for Sat without any premium channels.
I think it is going to be some time before DTVN stabilizes and offers all networks and enough streams without both services. DTVN does have ever so slightly better PQ but Vue is no slouch. If Vue gets the A&E and Viacom channels back, I will most likely dump DTVN. The buffering issues, audio mess on ABC has not improved over the last month or so to the point I feel like any effort is being made to fix it. For now, both services balance each other out well enough that I can ditch satellite and save some cash.

Great graphic here:

DTVN does have ever so slightly better PQ but Vue is no slouch. If Vue gets the A&E and Viacom channels back, I will most likely dump DTVN.

I was very impressed with the PQ on Vue. Unfortunately, they don't have locals in my city, Des Moines, nor do they carry the NHL or MLB channels. If they do, with their cloud DVR service, it would make me think very carefully about dumping cable and not signing up again with satellite.

That is INCORRECT ... but your not alone .... the price you quoted is for the 1st recvr, after that its $5-6 each.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)