DIRECTV NOW Launching in November!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I haven't had pay TV since early 2014. This would be a way to get me back.

Let's just hope they don't try to force you into a long term contract.

You can now go to directvnow.com and submit your email if you want more info. No more info on the website though.

Strange logo, but I see how they added AT&T to it too. :)

Click on it to see it.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 255
Looks like the launch date is being pushed back.

DIRECTV took out the mention of the November 4th date and has changed it,, as shown in the updated email as shown below.

As you may have heard, AT&T is launching a new over-the-top (OTT) service called DIRECTV NOW in the fourth quarter of 2016. OTT services provide potential customers with a streaming-only option when they are unable to have traditional DIRECTV or U-Verse TV service installed.

Though DIRECTV NOW does not require professional installation, technicians may want to be aware of the service and what it entails. For instances where a DIRECTV or U-Verse installation cannot be completed due to line-of-sight, landlord permission or other issues, technicians can provide information on the DIRECTV NOW service and let customers know they can visit directvnow.com to learn more.

Please note that DIRECTV NOW is a completely separate offering from traditional DIRECTV and U-Verse and should only be mentioned to customers when those services cannot be installed. If the customer is able to receive broadcast TV service, technicians should not proactively mention DIRECTV NOW as it is redundant with the DIRECTV and U-Verse Apps, which still offer streaming capabilities to subscribers of the DIRECTV and U-Verse TV services respectively.

Key points to keep in mind for DIRECTV NOW:

• The DIRECTV App is still available to DIRECTV satellite TV customers. DIRECTV NOW is a completely separate service.
  • No set-top box is required to utilize DIRECTV NOW. Instead, customers can stream content via iOS and Android mobile devices, Web browsers, as well as streaming media players that connect to the TV like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Stick, and Chromecast. More streaming options are expected to be available in the future.
  • DIRECTV NOW offers programming packages that are similar to those of traditional DIRECTV service. No annual contract is required. Add-on packages like HBO are also available. More information is available at directvnow.com.
  • Customers need high-speed broadband service to stream content at a high quality. It is recommended that DIRECTV NOW be used with 12 Mbps broadband at a minimum.
  • Customers can take advantage of a free 7 day trial by visiting directvnow.com if they are unsure whether they have broadband service capable of streaming content, or just want to get a feel for the service.

Maybe they realize they need to get Roku app going at launch.

Roku os7.5 is in the works and should be released soon.
This update is suppose to be user friendly for apps such as Vue tv and Directv Now.
I'd rather Directv wait until it get things right instead of rushing it out like Sony did with the Vue tv on the Roku.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The next fight will be for DATA caps and Internet pricing/speeds IMO.

Actually the Data caps are already an issue. For example, I've been using DISH for several years, and am happy with their service. I also have AT&T U-Verse Internet. In South Florida AT&T is now imposing a monthly 1 TB cap. While 1 TB might sound to be a huge amount of data, it's not enough for all the streaming I already do.

AT&T has kindly noted that in order to avoid the data cap, and go back to what we already have had for years (no cap enforcement), we can either pay an extra $30 a month (a 40% increase to my monthly bill), or bundle any other AT&T service. So when DirecTV Now starts up at $35, it is doubtful that I will remain with DISH.

Before anyone asks, yes I have submitted a formal complaint to the FCC, have spoken to someone from the President's office at AT&T (as a result of the FCC complaint), and have corresponded with both Charlie Ergen and one of the attorneys at DISH. They are hoping the FCC will see this as a breach of net neutrality rules, but that is going to take some time.

Actually the Data caps are already an issue. For example, I've been using DISH for several years, and am happy with their service. I also have AT&T U-Verse Internet. In South Florida AT&T is now imposing a monthly 1 TB cap. While 1 TB might sound to be a huge amount of data, it's not enough for all the streaming I already do.

AT&T has kindly noted that in order to avoid the data cap, and go back to what we already have had for years (no cap enforcement), we can either pay an extra $30 a month (a 40% increase to my monthly bill), or bundle any other AT&T service. So when DirecTV Now starts up at $35, it is doubtful that I will remain with DISH.

Before anyone asks, yes I have submitted a formal complaint to the FCC, have spoken to someone from the President's office at AT&T (as a result of the FCC complaint), and have corresponded with both Charlie Ergen and one of the attorneys at DISH. They are hoping the FCC will see this as a breach of net neutrality rules, but that is going to take some time.

I don't know if they will include the new online $35 plan or not for the discount or if it will have the channels you want but you could get Directv Satellite or Uverse if in your area and still get the discount.
More importantly I don't see where they are doing anything against the rules or illegal. Others have 1TB cap and charge more - Comcast $50 added - for unlimited per month. So to me they are rewarding their customers for using more At&T services, nothing more. In fact I don't see where net neutrality plays any role at all in this. For that to happen it would have to be throttling, blocking, or charging more for companies to reach you. There is nothing that tells At&t they can't have caps, charge more for unlimited, or have discounts for using more of their services. This doesn't even include anything to do with DISH or other competitors now costing more - they don't. Your DISH bill remains the same, the fact that your internet provider has new rules has no bearing on DISH.

12 Mbps might be a big much for us since I'm getting only about 16 mbps. I can't imagine that there will be 100 channels for $35 without a lot of catches and conditions. I'd need to have it on the Roku too with a decent interface. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Roku os7.5 is in the works and should be released soon.
This update is suppose to be user friendly for apps such as Vue tv and Directv Now.
I'd rather Directv wait until it get things right instead of rushing it out like Sony did with the Vue tv on the Roku.

Would that show up on the ROKU webpage as something you can add, or is it gonna require a whole new Roku ?
I have a Roku 3 currently.

Would that show up on the ROKU webpage as something you can add, or is it gonna require a whole new Roku ?
I have a Roku 3 currently.

No. Roku's update automatically.
I would imagine the 3 would fall under the umbrella of the update.
The 3 was the first Roku I bought (still have it) that I noticed the difference in speed compared to other Roku's in the past

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)