DirecTV offers to customers who complain about dropped Viacom channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jca

Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Can anyone share an experiences they have had when they call DirecTV to complain about the loss of Viacom channels from their lineup? Have the CSRs offered any discounts/offers to customers? I assume these offers would change over time the longer this dispute is drawn out.

It's already been mentioned that DirecTV is turning on Encore channels until July 31st:

https://twitter.com/DIRECTV/status/223065059243470848

All 8 ?#Encore? Chs including ?#EncoreFamily? will be available to ALL customers through July 31st Ch: 535-542 ?#DIRECTVhasmyback

I believe someone mentioned in the previous Viacom thread they got a monthly discount when they called. Anyone have any other info?

just for giggles i called to see what my cancellation fee would be

30 minutes on hold. directv is getting salmmed with calls

i did not ask for anything but was offered $5 off for 1 month
i did ask her not to put it on

i hat losing channels, dont really care about these in particular, just the principle

when the rep stated they are trying to keep our price down, i said i appreiciate that, and asked if they couldnt come to an agreement would out price reflect that. as we are talking 18channels, not just 1

I'm happy about getting encore for a bit, but it is disappointing that only one is HD

Sent from my iPhone

I have platinum so I already get Encore. I sent them an email, we'll see. I told them I don't want a PPV coupon (NEVER used PPV in 4+ years nor game lounge either - the things they want to give!). Just give me a $10-20 credit, that'll work.

Wow they must like me, I got $10 off per month for 12 months, starz for free for 6 months, and NFL Sunday Ticket for $99. So I come out $20 ahead after a year... All I did was say i'd like to cancel due to the Viacom dispute.. I was not expecting to get all that thrown at me.

I'm going to call them about my refer a friend credit I didn't get yet, then I'm going to hit them with the dropped channels issue!

Just signed up with D*. I hope they resolve this issue. This is the reason I am leaving Dish, and now D* pulls this.
I do have more faith the D* will get these channels back, than Dish putting AMC back on anytime soon.

$5 off for 3 months
$5 off Starz 6 months
$5 off Sports Pack 6 months.

Only asked about it, never said I wanted anything! Very well done Directv!

I'm on hold now. Isn't it strange the prerecorded voice is EXACTLY the same as Comcast? Same voice actor, two competing companies!

I didnt get s**t.......except a turnip who told me I was out of contract when I knew I wasn't

Are you guys going through retention?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts