DIRECTV RC71B Universal Genie Backlit Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What would have been better would be if they made the White Remote RF capable with the Genie with a back light as well.

What would have been better would be if they made the White Remote RF capable with the Genie with a back light as well.
Unfortunately that's not even possible as they use different rf standards.

With the upcoming hd conversion I see a lot of genies to be installed soon.

What they need to do is release an H26 and hr25 or hr26 to keep the numbers the same that use the rc71s.

Please note I made these numbers up. I'm sure such an ird is coming but I have no information at all on such a receiver...

DirecTV has that remote available directly on your My Equipment page for $25 shipped as well. From prior experience DirecTV usually sends remotes either next or second day air.

Unfortunately that's not even possible as they use different rf standards.

With the upcoming hd conversion I see a lot of genies to be installed soon.

What they need to do is release an H26 and hr25 or hr26 to keep the numbers the same that use the rc71s.

Please note I made these numbers up. I'm sure such an ird is coming but I have no information at all on such a receiver...
Heard about the HR54 and H44 yet?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I knew either scott or Jason posted about a potential hr46 and hr54 a while back but no I haven't gotten any emails on them

All we was told was these were the next 2 models to be released. RUMOR has it that the HR54 will be a more powerful receiver than anything that's been released and it's should be the only receiver needed for multi tv households. I don't know how much truth there is to any of it except the model numbers.

As far as new receivers go,I'd imagine that there will be a slowdown on new receivers/DVR's until after the AT&T merger goes through so that they can make a receiver/DVR that can operate on both satellite & U-Verse set-ups.

As far as new receivers go,I'd imagine that there will be a slowdown on new receivers/DVR's until after the AT&T merger goes through so that they can make a receiver/DVR that can operate on both satellite & U-Verse set-ups.

I don't see it. I believe that IF it gets approved it'll be the same business as usual. Directv will have their own equipment and Att will have theirs

I don't see it. I believe that IF it gets approved it'll be the same business as usual. Directv will have their own equipment and Att will have theirs

From a "bean counter's" standpoint though,it would be cost effective to eventually merge DirecTV's & U-Verse's programming under one single standard,AND having a universal DVR/receiver that can operate under both systems would really help a lot too. We'll just see,the merger has to be approved first.

I agree ... I don't think you'd see a recvr doing both, if so it would be a LONG time down the road.

From a "bean counter's" standpoint though,it would be cost effective to eventually merge DirecTV's & U-Verse's programming under one single standard,AND having a universal DVR/receiver that can operate under both systems would really help a lot too. We'll just see,the merger has to be approved first.
I doubt you'll ever see that happen ... I am wondering how long D* will be part of AT&T actually .... they have a way of selling off companies over time ... that said, I HOPE they do stick it out and are long term with D*.

I did look up AT&T U-Verse channel offerings & noticed that they did have more SD channels than Directv(along with the Longhorn Network) & I do have to ask myself if Directv has the capacity to carry all of those extra channels right now,or in the near future,if AT&T decided to standardize & integrate programing for both services.
As far as this new remote goes,I plan on getting 2 to use with the 2 HR24 DVR'S that I have that will be in rooms by themselves. It's just a shame that it won't operate in RF mode for them.

Both ir and the new rf yes. Both rf standards as well as ir (for a total of 3 communication paths) no
So ... if thre New 71 can do all of them then they CAN make a white remote that does both RF frequencies as well.

I believe the new 71s handle the old RF signal as well ... I think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts