DIRECTV reaches deal with Tribune (Or maybe not!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just an FYI, MLB EI is now in the guide. One 1 feed of the Nationals/Cubs game tomorrow is listed, on channel 726. Doesn't list which feed it is, but since the game is on MASN tomorrow, I would bet that this is the MASN feed and not the WGN feed. If EI was carrying the WGN feed, both feeds would be listed. Also states that it is subject to backout in Washington & Chicago. Like I had said in an earlier post, I'm pretty sure EI does not pick up WGN or WCIU games.

Looks? IS. And has been for a good long time now. The whole bankruptcy thing has only made a really bad situation even worse over there.

Now you've got people at Tribune who are going in two different directions at the same time. Some who still seem to be doing negotiations in a sloppy manner, and it's becoming obvious they don't even see how badly they're screwing it up.

Then you've got people clumsily trying to save face.

I've nearly always woken up in the morning to WGN radio. Dropped them for a while with Jarrett but picked them up again when they tossed idiot management people and got Brandmeier. For the first time since then, this morning I turned off the radio again, as it was very, very obvious Tribune put Johnny up to an 'interview'. It was literally Johnny reading the questions from the FAQ Tribune put out last week, then some random pr woman at Tribune reading the faq answers, still towing the party line that it's all DirecTV's fault, I kid you not. A 5 year old could have seen through it, as it was way beyond awkward. So at least some have a clue as to how screwed up they are but the actions they are taking to address it are falling way short. Clumsy pr stunts are not going to do it. :(

:haha I'm sure you meant "toeing the party line" but "towing" adds so much more meaning! Great post.

It will be good for all of us if DirecTV "wins." Even if that means the Trib stations stay off. Sooner or later, they'll be back, probably under new management.

New Contract Covers 23 Local Television Stations in 19 Markets and WGN America
Tribune Broadcasting announced this evening that it has reached an agreement with DirecTV that will enable DirecTV subscribers to avoid any further disruption in service and to once again enjoy Tribune’s 23 local television stations as well as WGN America, Tribune’s national cable network.

“We are extremely pleased to have reached an agreement with DirecTV and to return our valuable news, entertainment and sports programming to DirecTV subscribers,” said Nils Larsen, Tribune Broadcasting president. “On behalf of Tribune Broadcasting, I want to thank viewers across all of our markets for their support, understanding and patience during the negotiating process—we truly regret the service interruptions of the last several days.”

Since a deal was reached I think it's appropriate to lock this one up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.