DIRECTV reaches deal with Tribune (Or maybe not!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not all of them are superstations and even in terms of those that are the tribune owned locals could demand syndex. If D* enforced it like e* does theywould be blacked out.

The only reason I made the comment about superstation cariage was to point out that D* would not have to "negotiate" with tribune to carry the channels. They have the right (but not the inclination) to do so now.

DAVEGTESTR said:
America will lose a lot of baseball games, that is, if they have Directv.

This would impact my possible switch to Directv for baseball.

They will? Few of these stations even show baseball. The only one that will be missing games will be WGN and most Cubs and ChiSox games are on their RSN anyway. And if you have EI you will still get the WGN feed on EI.

Since Direct has the best EI package, they will still have more baseball games than any other provider.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

NotMe546 said:
I'm shocked. They say this never happens. :eek::eek::eek:

Do you really want to go there? That is like a dark black cast iron pot calling a stainless steel kettle black. And then to be excited about it is beyond pathetic.

We Direct subs know that all providers have channels go black ever now and then, and we know that Dish does this more than any other provider. But we do not get excited about it.

I wonder how long this impass will last, and I also wonder if the FCC, the goverment, or an arbitrator will have to get involed to get this deal done. I also wonder if the creditors have something to do with this because I heard they have filed for bankruptcy.

DodgerKing said:
Do you really want to go there? That is like a dark black cast iron pot calling a stainless steel kettle black. And then to be excited about it is beyond pathetic.

We Direct subs know that all providers have channels go black ever now and then, and we know that Dish does this more than any other provider. But we do not get excited about it.

You're being bated. You like your choice and don't need to answer to anyone. I hate all trolls, despite what hat they choose to put on.

Last edited:
toolman90 said:
I wonder how long this impass will last, and I also wonder if the FCC, the goverment, or an arbitrator will have to get involed to get this deal done. I also wonder if the creditors have something to do with this because I heard they have filed for bankruptcy.

Did this happen with the Sunbeam stations last month? I just don't see the FCC doing anything useful. I would picture DirecTV crediting accounts or adding other perks if it's dragged out. Best bet, try to get a distant or OTA.

They will? Few of these stations even show baseball. The only one that will be missing games will be WGN and most Cubs and ChiSox games are on their RSN anyway. And if you have EI you will still get the WGN feed on EI.

Since Direct has the best EI package, they will still have more baseball games than any other provider.

WGN Cubs and Sox games, along with the games that they produce and are shown localy in Chicago on WCIU, are not included in the EI package. Will be able to watch the opposition feed though.

Are you sure? The fact that WGN is not in all packages should make their feeds available in EI. Or unless they are using the "OTA" theory where OTA games are rarely in EI

Are you sure? The fact that WGN is not in all packages should make their feeds available in EI. Or unless they are using the "OTA" theory where OTA games are rarely in EI

That could open them up this year, but they haven't been there in the past. But I'd bet they are using the "OTA" theory since any Cubs/Sox game that is on WGN9 is also on WGNA. The WCIU games have never been there. I'm a Sox fan, unfortunately there are Cubs fans in this house too, so if we're home and their games are availabe, they're on here. Have had to watch many on the opponents feed. WCIU, plus games vs Braves & Reds since we're in both of their territories.

Once the EI channels are opened up in the guide I'll look at the listings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.