DIRECTV reaches deal with Tribune (Or maybe not!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pizza what else is new.

Hey Mr Svideo cable is lurking and posting once again. Any KTLA or WGN masters out there???? Boy 4DTV is alive caz of you with beautiful PQ via svideo :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

per wiki

WNYW, virtual channel 5 (digital channel 44), is the flagship television station of the News Corporation-owned Fox Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox, located in New York City. The station's transmitter is atop the Empire State Building and its studio facilities are located in the Yorkville section of Manhattan. WNYW is a sister station to Secaucus, New Jersey-based WWOR-TV (channel 9), the New York area's MyNetworkTV flagship station.

Sparkman said:
WGN Cubs and Sox games, along with the games that they produce and are shown localy in Chicago on WCIU, are not included in the EI package. Will be able to watch the opposition feed though.

WGN games are on EI. I've seen it many times before.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sparkman said:
That could open them up this year, but they haven't been there in the past. But I'd bet they are using the "OTA" theory since any Cubs/Sox game that is on WGN9 is also on WGNA. The WCIU games have never been there. I'm a Sox fan, unfortunately there are Cubs fans in this house too, so if we're home and their games are availabe, they're on here. Have had to watch many on the opponents feed. WCIU, plus games vs Braves & Reds since we're in both of their territories.

Once the EI channels are opened up in the guide I'll look at the listings.

Yes they have.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That could open them up this year, but they haven't been there in the past. But I'd bet they are using the "OTA" theory since any Cubs/Sox game that is on WGN9 is also on WGNA. The WCIU games have never been there. I'm a Sox fan, unfortunately there are Cubs fans in this house too, so if we're home and their games are availabe, they're on here. Have had to watch many on the opponents feed. WCIU, plus games vs Braves & Reds since we're in both of their territories.

Once the EI channels are opened up in the guide I'll look at the listings.

I'm a Sox fan too! WGN and WCIU/OTA Sox games have never been in EI. When there is a WGN ball game televised, there is no other feed on EI either, as it would be on nationally on WGN. It would be nice if MLB.com/EI/MLBNet picks up these games, but again WGN has the 'national' rights.....
I would rather have the WGN weekend Sox game feed on FiOS than missing the weekday game on WCIU/opposing feed with EI.

As a Dish sub, I applaud Direct for taking a stand. Broadcasters demand way too much these days. If providers like Direct and Dish don't put up a fight, sat bills will be astronomical in a few years.

I find it kind of ironic as I watch NASCAR on my local Fox station OTA that D had a banner ad on the scoring stream but I can't watch the race in HD on DTV. (I could watch it in SD on NY 5 if desired!)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Remember your local is owned by a different company. That company agrees to broadcast the FOX network.

his local is owned by Tribune so thats why he can't see it in HD
He is in a area where they get the Big4 from NY as sig viewed but only in SD

I'm glad that none of my locals are owned by Tribune :) But the FCC, House of Representives, and the Senate needs to do something about this so-called 'retransmission-consent' issue. As I say You can't fight the FCC! Yes, I've saw the video on the retrans-consent hearing from 2010 when FOX's owners News Corp. and Cablevision testified about the broken system after their retransmission dispute in NYC and Philly areas two years ago that resulted customers missed the first two games of the 2010 World Series.

Hey Mr Svideo cable is lurking and posting once again. Any KTLA or WGN masters out there???? Boy 4DTV is alive caz of you with beautiful PQ via svideo :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's still comparing SD to SD between different providers! Is that just plain wrong in the year 2012 or what? :eek:

Something to think about, and was mentioned in the first thread on this, is how Comcast is on the bandwagon.

Something people outside the Chicago area, Tribune's home, may not know is Tribune is very heavily tied to Comcast in the Chicago area. They even have extra programming that is exclusively on cable and produced by Comcast.

From my local viewpoint, this is nothing more than a money grab by Tribune for more than they're entitled to. Tribune the parent company is in very deep trouble, and all their local subsidiaries here have been falling apart slowly in trying to financially shore up Tribune's management.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts