DirecTV Receiver with ATSC Tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm, my parents have had very good luck with thiers :)

I think the 10 year deal should be mandatory.

You kinda have to laugh that they would support 20 yr old tubes but not their last HD picture tube. I have to say that it's my office TV & was probably on every day for 12hrs so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

Thanks. It seems like the H20 is the best way to go. Another question I had was if I were to ever cancel my DTV service, would the tuner still work by itself without DTV service?

If you go with the H20 make sure you get the receiver ID and serial number of the unit first. Call Directv and make sure that the receiver is not leased. The H20 was still the active HD model during the time that Directv switched to a leased model. There are a lot out there that are owned but there are also many leased ones.

jdk036 where are you located in Arizona?

I sent you a PM about a H20 that DTV told my son to keep. I don't believe he has any plans for it and it may be available.

if you own the H20 it will work but you do need a connection to the satellite. Before I got a AM21 for my R22 I had used an old deactivated H10 for OTA. Worked as long as there is a sat connection. You get 100,200,201 and 600 (sports schedule channel) but it still worked great for OTA

I was very generously given an h20 receiver. I wasn't planning on activating it, I just wanted to use it as a ota tuner. I connected it to the sattelite and my antenna, when I went to use it I was given a message that I had to have activated service in order to use the ota function. Is there a way to over ride this or am I going to have to activate it to use it? Thanks for all your advice.

is it new or used?

If used it should still work....you just pick an OTA channel
If new that I do not know.....maybe you have to activate it for 30 days or so then deactivate it

is it new or used?

If used it should still work....you just pick an OTA channel
If new that I do not know.....maybe you have to activate it for 30 days or so then deactivate it

It is used but I guess It hasn't been used in a while. As soon as I turned it on it downloaded new software. I had to resetup the reciever for my dish, I also had to set it up for my local channel schedules. I don't know if directv may have changed something in the new software that was downloaded to make it impossible to use with out service. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

It is used but I guess It hasn't been used in a while. As soon as I turned it on it downloaded new software. I had to resetup the reciever for my dish, I also had to set it up for my local channel schedules. I don't know if directv may have changed something in the new software that was downloaded to make it impossible to use with out service. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

So I'm guessing you aren't interested in the one I offered you since you didn't get back in touch with me.

weird. My old H10 worked fine after the software upgrade. I dont use it anymore so if you are interested in it, let me know. I can even hook it up to show you it works if ya want

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts