DirecTV Retransmission Consent Dispute with Raycom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is a tough time for DirecTV to get into any dispute with a company that provides as many locals as Raycom does, covering 13% of USA households.

With college football, NFL, primetime series, etc starting in such short time, I would expect this dispute to be short lived.

If it was June 1st, I'd say DirecTV could have a little more leverage, but Sept 1st, Raycom has the leverage of right now is a strong programming time.

The local Raycom station (19XIX) had the exclusive on coverage of the annual fireworks show on the riverfront where nearly a half million people show up to watch. Looking at comments on their facebook page, many people are blaming the station, not DirecTV for blocking the coverage of the event. At least it seems most people get it. It's the stations asking for more and more, not the carriers who take stations off their service
Actually it's Not the Station, but the Station OWNERS.

This is a tough time for DirecTV to get into any dispute with a company that provides as many locals as Raycom does, covering 13% of USA households.

With college football, NFL, primetime series, etc starting in such short time, I would expect this dispute to be short lived.

If it was June 1st, I'd say DirecTV could have a little more leverage, but Sept 1st, Raycom has the leverage of right now is a strong programming time.
I agree, also, this is Why they make these contract to end when they do.

http://raycommedia.com/news/140901.htm

This is such BS ...
they say they will do everything they can to get thier signal back on D* ....

They are the ones that took it off.
IF they really wanted to DO EVERYTHING, they would have left the signal u[ and continued to negotiate like many of D's stations do.

I read in another article ... (never know if they are all true but,) It stated that Raycom was asking for DOUBLE what they were getting previously.

http://raycommedia.com/companies/
Does this mean that ALL Raycom stations that are on D* are off, regardless of ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox affiliate ?
I think I answered my own question, Toledo has 2 Raycom stations, WTOL Toledo 11 (CBS) and WUPW Channel 36 (FOX) ... that said, only WTOL is off the air.

That said, WTOL is in a joint agreement to keep WUPW afloat, I find this interesting seeing they went into the joint agreement the last time around when negotiating was happening, you would think Both would be off the air.

Actually it's Not the Station, but the Station OWNERS.
5649819_std.jpg

this kinda sucks cause football is starting and I didnt get sunday ticket this year :(

Sunday Ticket wouldn't get you the game that you're supposed to get locally. Large sections of North Dakota and Montana have had this issue since LIL came to satellite. Their Fox won't go on satellite. Most of the area is too remote for OTA or even "moving" spot beams. So much for "must carry" rules....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sunday Ticket wouldn't get you the game that you're supposed to get locally. Large sections of North Dakota and Montana have had this issue since LIL came to satellite. Their Fox won't go on satellite. Most of the area is too remote for OTA or even "moving" spot beams. So much for "must carry" rules....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
yeah but being a steelers fan in ohio I took comfort in knowing for sure I would have thursday night games, and get the first game against the browns..sad...I am sure they will take care of it by then but still blows.

The Steelers vs Browns game would be the game on Toledo 11 WTOL this weekend, unless they come to an agreement prior to, it wont be on in Toledo on D*.

Guys, I posted a link earlier that gave all the Raycom stations, remember they are not all going dark, some are on different contracts.

I also have OTA (when it works), but unfortunately we still have to pay DTV for the station we are not receiving. My ch 19 in
Cleveland (CBS) is the funky one for me. Sure hope it is working Sunday for the Browns Steelers game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)