DirecTV September 2009 Free Previews

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmm, so I'm only paying for 16 weeks worth of ST. Everyone that doesn't sub gets a week free :(

Yeah, the superfan is enabled the first week as well, so you'll get the games in HD. At least it was that way last year.

Starz preview starts today through Monday.

Here is a list of movies worth checking out posted at another site by syzygy:

Here are some good HD movies during the freeview on channels 518-522
-- Shown in chronological order starting with Thursday morning
-- Leonard Maltin's star ratings given if available

Family Man, The (2000) ***½ N Cage, T Leoni, J Piven, D Cheadle, S Rubinek -- 4 HD showings
Jane Austen Book Club, The (2007) *** M Bello, K Baker, A Brenneman, J Smits, H Dancy, L Redgrave -- 2 HD showings
Smart People (2008) **½ D Quaid, S J Parker, T H Church, E Page, C Lahti
Craft, The (1996) *** R Tunney, F Balk, N Campbell, S Ulrich -- 1 HD showing
She's All That (1999) **½ F Prinze Jr, R L Cook, K Pollack, A Pacquin, S M Gellar
America's Sweethearts (2001) **½ J Roberts, B Crystal, C Zeta-Jones, John Cusack, H Azaria, S Tucci, C Walker, A Arkin
Iron Giant, The (1999) *** Animated
Six Days, Seven Nights (1998) *** H Ford, A Heche
Prom Night (2008) **½ B Snow, S Porter
Righteous Kill (2008) R De Niro, A Pacino
Noises Off (1992) **½ C Burnett, M Caine, J Hagerty, M Henner, C Reeve
Bridget Jones' Diary (2001) *** R Zellweger, H Grant, C Firth
Swing Vote (2008) K Costner, M Carroll, P Patton
Next (2007) *½ N Cage, J Moore, J Biel
Hancock (2008) W Smith, C Theron
You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008) A Sandler, J Turturro
We Own the Night (2007) J Phoenix, M Wahlberg, E Mendes, R Duvall
Mad Money (2008) *** D Keaton, Q Latifah, K Holmes, T Danson
Clean Slate (1994) ** D Carvey, V Golino, J E Jones
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, The (2008) *** Animated
WALL-E (2008) ****? Animated
Instinct (1991) **½ A Hopkins, C Gooding Jr, D Sutherland, M Tierney
Enchanted (2007) *** A Adams, P Dempsey, S Sarandon; partly animated; **** by me
Stardust (2007) *** C Danes, R De Niro, S Miller, M Pfeiffer
Bedtime Stories (2008) A Sandler, K Russell, G Pearce
Erin Brockovich (2000) *** J Roberts, A Finney, A Eckhart, M Helgenberger
Fools Rush In (1997) **½ M Perry, S Hayek, J Clayburgh
Pearl Harbor (2001) **½ B Affleck, J Hartnett, K Beckinsale
Little Nicky (2000) ** A Sandler, P Arquette, H Keitel, R Dangerfield, Q Tarantino
Pineapple Express (2008) S Rogen, J Franco
21 (2008) **½ K Spacey, K Bosworth, L Fishburne

Link

Note: one of those movies are on T101 (dont mess with zonhan) bc they broadcast that same movie AFTER the free preview as of Sept 27th, 2009. That would be a movie that isnt broadcasting free til after the free preview is over on monday.

to find out if it broadcast today to monday, you can search the title and it will tell you when it will be on. not to mention a few movies like spiderman 3 is broadcasting as well that ISNT on the list.

that list is not showing all available shows or is listing shows that are gonna be broadcasting next weekend that isnt on this free preview weekend.

Sept 17-20, 2009.

The sad part is they jam everything that they have thats good and pull up all the premiers into that free showing so you think its that good all the time...

^^
It was a joke....the big problem is other than showtime it seems almost all the other main channels like hbo, starz, max dont show movies in OAR....thats what totally sux.

what about original shows? no way you could have seen them anywhere else...

HBO was nominated for 99 Emmy's this year. how many was NFL Sunday Ticket nominated for?

Hmmm....
I bet NFL ST was not nominated for ANY Emmy's, but I bet the get nominated for plenty of awards in thier field.

As far as I know, they do not show MOVIES on the ST ....

Don't know where your going with this one Tomcat.

Hmmm....
I bet NFL ST was not nominated for ANY Emmy's, but I bet the get nominated for plenty of awards in thier field.

As far as I know, they do not show MOVIES on the ST ....

Don't know where your going with this one Tomcat.

I'm just saying I LIKE watching unedited commercial free movies in HD. Anyone that would rather pay 10 bucks a hit to watch them in a theater or on PPV is obviously mentally ill.

And HBO, Showtime, etc don't just show movies. They also show original shows (which are often nominated for Emmys like I said above) and occasionally sports and special events. Labeling them "movie channels" is technically a misnomer. HBO and Showtime have the best shows on TV IMO, they're worth every penny.

I doubt anyone here has seen every single movie on every single Starz and Encore channel that will air this weekend either...

not true. The Movie Channel, MGM HD, Fox Movie Channel and TCM all show movies in OAR.

Yes The Movie Channel too but that already is part of the Showtime package i mentioned that was ok.

Im talkin the premium movie channels like HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Encore....not TCM/MGM/FMC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.