DirecTV Tees Up Live 4K Will Offer Live UHD Broadcast From ‘Amen Corner’ at 2016 Masters Tourney

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes pretty much, any existing clients will need to paired with the new one. The HR54 also has a built in power inserted that can be used instead of the external one. Some people still use the external power inserted with it.
I still use the external PI, because I have other receivers/DVRs. If you rely on the internal HR54 PI, the whole system will go down if you have to reboot the HR54.

I still use the external PI, because I have other receivers/DVRs. If you rely on the internal HR54 PI, the whole system will go down if you have to reboot the HR54.

I agree that makes sense it a lot of situations. I only have one other DVR that is not used very much. I would have had to add a splitter or change one out to a larger one, so I am using the power inserted built into the HR54. I left the external one in place in case I ever needed it and disconnected it.

Is there a setting on the 54 for selecting internal or external power inserter?
How do I ensure that I am not using both and cause damage?
No specific setting ...

If you are using a separate PI with the HR54 (or H44 Genie Lite), you have to make sure the HR54 is connected to a non-power passing port on a splitter. Or if you are using a SWiM-8 or -16, you can connect directly or to any splitter port on the switch's input # 2.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

It appears that the 4k channels will be on 104 and a cinema4k channel for ppv on 105.
Yeah ...

DIRECTV recently opened up two new 4K test channels on D14, CONUS beam xpndrs (or 99ca) 11 and 15 at 99W. Apparently for them.

No specific setting ...

If you are using a separate PI with the HR54 (or H44 Genie Lite), you have to make sure the HR54 is connected to a non-power passing port on a splitter. Or if you are using a SWiM-8 or -16, you can connect directly or to any splitter port on the switch's input # 2.

Greek. Sorry.
I currently have a HR44 with a SWiM 16 that has a power box connected to it.
Do I leave that connected or unplug it?
Perhaps I should be asking these questions in a different thread.

Greek. Sorry.
I currently have a HR44 with a SWiM 16 that has a power box connected to it.
Do I leave that connected or unplug it?
Perhaps I should be asking these questions in a different thread.
Maybe this will help clarify things in the following diagram and technical notes.

3b21b003aec574399a2bba63f30b645d.jpg

NOTE: You can also connect the HR54 to the SWiM-16's port number two directly or through a splitter on any of it's ports. Power passing or not unlike with SWM port 1.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
but am I right for the masters 4k we will not need reverse lnb but will down the road?
trying to get a 54 installed this week or must I wait for april 7th?

jeff

April 7th we will be installing reverse 3s to all customers that generate a 4k work order. Do not call prior to that date if you want to be garenteed a revband. No I do not have any additional info on the release of rev5. Maybe those will ship with our 3s.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edit... it appears my warehouse is only set to receive rev3. In prep of apr7th launch

OK I don't understand the HR54 requirement right now. I have an HR44 and 4K RVU and so far I have been able to watch content that has been airing on both 4K test channels. Additionally I called DirecTV when this announcement came out and they still tell me they can't upgrade me to an HR54 since I just got my 44 in Sept of last year. Seems to me if the HR54 was a hard requirement right now they would not turn down a good paying customer such as myself and I already have the Ultimate package.

I had an HR54 and C61 installed yesterday. They also replace my LNB, but I don't think it's a reverse band item. I was using my Samsung TV as an RVU tv, but it was so terribly slow, that I went with the C61. I have watched part of a documentary which I had previously watched using the RVU tv, and the picture from the C61 is not as good. It appears to flicker and posters on here have said that is because the video is 24 fps, not 60 fps like the RVU hookup provides.
With the RVU I could get test channel 9801, but not 9800. Now I can get 9800, but not 9801. It's much better having 4k on my HR54 because with the RVU TV, I had to switch sources on my TV.

By the way, the new receivers and installation were free. I renewed my contract and got some good $ incentives too. There were two techs, both of whom were very knowledgeable and they answered all of my questions and explained everything
they were doing. The retention CSR at DirecTV whom I spoke to was very agreeable and she knew her stuff. It was my best call to DirecTV ever!

I just called and started new service. When the rep. asked me what package I wanted, I replied Ultimate since it was required for live 4k. She said that she did not see that requirement so I read her the Directv web page. Then she noticed that channels 104 and 105 were in the Ultimate package and agreed it was required. She also put a note on my account that an HR54 was required. And even though I stated that only 1 TV was 4k, she put 2 C61K minis in the order. Something about all the equipment needs to be compatible.

Maybe this will help clarify things in the following diagram and technical notes.

3b21b003aec574399a2bba63f30b645d.jpg

NOTE: You can also connect the HR54 to the SWiM-16's port number two directly or through a splitter on any of it's ports. Power passing or not unlike with SWM port 1.

The obvious need for spring cleaning aside, the attached photo shows my setup. The splitters that I have do not look like the ones in the document posted.

Attachments

• IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 220
I just called and started new service. When the rep. asked me what package I wanted, I replied Ultimate since it was required for live 4k. She said that she did not see that requirement so I read her the Directv web page. Then she noticed that channels 104 and 105 were in the Ultimate package and agreed it was required. She also put a note on my account that an HR54 was required. And even though I stated that only 1 TV was 4k, she put 2 C61K minis in the order. Something about all the equipment needs to be compatible.

Are you getting Directv 4K for your JVC?

Please tell me what is the secret to get a HR54 i called direct got to a supervisor argued and kept on hr 44 sir will work fine for our live channel coming? News to me and asked please look on your own website under 4k tells you clear as can be what is required for live 4k..

no luck i gave up and got no where and i guess wont get 4K.
So please is it the old keep calling in?

i do know some one at local ATT wonder how that will go?

Jeff

I had an HR54 and C61 installed yesterday. They also replace my LNB, but I don't think it's a reverse band item. I was using my Samsung TV as an RVU tv, but it was so terribly slow, that I went with the C61. I have watched part of a documentary which I had previously watched using the RVU tv, and the picture from the C61 is not as good. It appears to flicker and posters on here have said that is because the video is 24 fps, not 60 fps like the RVU hookup provides.
With the RVU I could get test channel 9801, but not 9800. Now I can get 9800, but not 9801. It's much better having 4k on my HR54 because with the RVU TV, I had to switch sources on my TV.

By the way, the new receivers and installation were free. I renewed my contract and got some good $ incentives too. There were two techs, both of whom were very knowledgeable and they answered all of my questions and explained everything
they were doing. The retention CSR at DirecTV whom I spoke to was very agreeable and she knew her stuff. It was my best call to DirecTV ever!

I chatted online, then called, then chatted again, and then was given a phone number and pin to call retention. I was eligible for a protection plan upgrade and still could not get a HR54 and C61K. I did get some programming credits and ordered the equipment from Solid Signal. All in all I would rather do the install myself anyway.

In my opinion, they do not apply policies consistently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts