DirecTV to add 44 HD local markets (Updated with Launch Schedule)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
See the first post of this thread for the HD local launch plans for the rest of 2008.

If it is not on that list - it will be no earlier than 2009.

National HD PLEASE!!!!!!! There aren't many more HD Lil's to add are there?

DirecTV has 150 SD LiLs ans (as of today) 92 HD LiLs, so there's about 60 to go for all DirecTV LiL to be available in HD... and they have the satellite capacity to do it!

The channels all look good, can't tell any diff between OTA and Sat HD . Tonight will be a better test with alot more HD content. :D
Yeah I thought about that after I posted. Let me know if you get a chance

The channels all look good, can't tell any diff between OTA and Sat HD . Tonight will be a better test with alot more HD content. :D

I think you will be VERY happy with your HD locals from Directv, I kept watching Fringe last night thinking, that is a very nice picture!

???? Nashville TN has had the big four in HD locals for a while now.

That's very wierd. The city I'm looking at is in the Nashville DMA, but Directv's website says local HD is NOT available there:

Yes! Local channels are available in your area: Nashville TN - No HD Locals 38501 We have provided a complete list of local stations and channel numbers below.

HD Local Channels: High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are not available in your area at this time.
Available ChannelsNetwork Affiliate Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel #
(older receivers)
ABC WKRN 2 961
NBC WSMV 4 962
CBS WTVF 5 963
PBS WNPT 8 964
FOX WZTV 17 965
PBS WCTE 22 969
MNT WUXP 30 966
CW WNAB 58 968

Are they restricting the HD locals to just part of the DMA?

*Added - That is what they are doing. Zip codes closer to Nashville get it, where I'm looking, it is Nashville locals, but they won't give HD feeds there!

That's very wierd. The city I'm looking at is in the Nashville DMA, but Directv's website says local HD is NOT available there

Looks like the Nashville spot beam doesn't cover the entire DMA. My brother in law lives in Cookeville TN and get the SD Nashville locals but the web site says no HD.

Looks like the Nashville spot beam doesn't cover the entire DMA. My brother in law lives in Cookeville TN and get the SD Nashville locals but the web site says no HD.

Also very wierd, Cookeville is 38501 & where we are looking to move next year. Cable there is Charter & house we buy may not be in cable area. Ota signals don't carry out that far either.

Also very wierd, Cookeville is 38501 & where we are looking to move next year. Cable there is Charter & house we buy may not be in cable area. Ota signals don't carry out that far either.

There is a dealer on South Willow AV, sorry don't remember the name, but it's a couple blocks north of Interstate Drive on the west side of the street. Their sign says they have HD from DirecTV and Dish, don't know if they mean national and local or just local. You might want to see if you can find their number and call and ask. Sorry I can't help more.

BTW, that little town has some of the worst drives I've ever seen there, good luck.

UPDATE: Sparkman, I think this is the dealer, give them a call. BTW, let me know what they say. thanks

TECHNOLOGY STORE LLC
921 S WILLOW AVE STE C
COOKEVILLE, TN 38501
(931) 526-7243

There is a dealer on South Willow AV, sorry don't remember the name, but it's a couple blocks north of Interstate Drive on the west side of the street. Their sign says they have HD from DirecTV and Dish, don't know if they mean national and local or just local. You might want to see if you can find their number and call and ask. Sorry I can't help more.

BTW, that little town has some of the worst drives I've ever seen there, good luck.

UPDATE: Sparkman, I think this is the dealer, give them a call. BTW, let me know what they say. thanks

TECHNOLOGY STORE LLC
921 S WILLOW AVE STE C
COOKEVILLE, TN 38501
(931) 526-7243

I've seen that store & talked to them a bit when I was there in August, at the County Fair. I didn't realizw this back then, but will be talking with them when we fin a house there next year.

PS Did you mean worst drivers? I've seen that, Interstate Dr, Jefferson & I-40 intersection is a big zoo, but if you get away from there, seems no worse than up here. Will have to get used to all of the hilly roads, especially in winter!

I've seen that store & talked to them a bit when I was there in August, at the County Fair. I didn't realizw this back then, but will be talking with them when we fin a house there next year.

PS Did you mean worst drivers? I've seen that, Interstate Dr, Jefferson & I-40 intersection is a big zoo, but if you get away from there, seems no worse than up here. Will have to get used to all of the hilly roads, especially in winter!

Yea, worst, sorry trying to type quick in case my UPS died, schedule power outage here for transformer work.

I don't know, I lived in the nothern burbs up there for a loooong time and I'd rather drive in Schaumburg during rush hour then Cookeville. I think you just need to remember that nobody's turn signals work down there;)

Moving from bad drivers to NEW LOCALS:

Burlington Vt.-Plattsburgh, N.Y. highly expected to be launced next week (Wed/Thr).
That may complete the September rotation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)