DIRECTV to Air 25 MLB Games In 4K (With a Catch)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
DIRECTV and the MLB Network are teaming again this season to air regular season MLB games in 4K on DIRECTV’s dedicated live 4K channel, channel 106.

DIRECTV recently changed the minimum package required to get its live 4K channel to ‘Select’ so more subscribers could access it as well as the satcaster’s two other 4K channels, which are devoted to recurring programming and Video on Demand.

However, take note that the MLB Network games in 4K will not be available on channel 106 unless you have the DIRECTV Choice package or higher; Choice, which is roughly $25 more per month than Select, includes the MLB Network in its lineup while Select does not.

https://tvanswerman.com/2017/03/24/directv-to-air-25-mlb-games-in-4k-with-a-catch/

Reactions: rad
And dont tell me, 90% of the games will be Yankee's against Red Sox? sigh

Reactions: malacoma
Don't forget the Cubs. That's the new bandwagon to jump onto and MLB is going to milk them for everything they've got. Amazing how many millions of Cubs fans showed up last year. lol

Ye
Don't forget the Cubs. That's the new bandwagon to jump onto and MLB is going to milk them for everything they've got. Amazing how many millions of Cubs fans showed up last year. lol
Yep, your right......Lovable losers syndrome! LOL....not taking into account the last two owners and over 50 years could care less if they won!.....I guess its easy to go 108 years without winning if management and fans hardly care?...If you win 70 games, and your still selling out a ballpark why pay for a winner?

Given these are produced by MLB Network I wouldn't be surprised if they are out of market viewing only, and that in-market has to view their local RSN (which won't be 4K).

I hope you're wrong since this is a joint announcement with Directv and MLB. It doesn't seem like a very productive venture if nobody can watch it in 4K

Will they be using 4k camera on all viewing angles?
I remember when NBC and CBS started showing golf not all cameras were hd.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I think they will. At least 3 cameras. Golf in 4K was a little more restricting because of the structural difference of individual holes. Golf also requires portable cameras. I don't know who owned the 4K cameras used in the currently showing Garth Brooks concert on channel 106 but it took place in Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: tigerfan33
I hope you're wrong since this is a joint announcement with Directv and MLB. It doesn't seem like a very productive venture if nobody can watch it in 4K

Unfortunately he's right as I was all fired up to see how the Cards and Cubs looked in my hometown of St. Louis and got the "blacked out" message.

That really should be waved when it's on channels so rare hardly anyone gets them; I mean it's one thing if it's shown on 2 HD channels, but when it's HD vs. 4K it should be an exception.

25 games that will have blackouts of the Red Sox? No thank you. Another reason not to switch to the stupid client 4K system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)