In any area that has local channels and you request a waiver and it is granted, there will be no increase to get that feed that you were granted.

Look closely at those results. They are the results for Analog broadcasts. Even though it looks like it, they have not yet implemented a Digital Signal Strength determination method. Hint: Compare the analog channel number to the digital channel number!
In addition, it sounds like even if I DO receive a waiver, I will need to pay $1.50 a month for the channel.
If you have the HD package, there is no charge for just the Digital DNS! They are charging me $1.50 for SD NBC DNS(and I have SD LIL)!
....jc

end of the year?

Any chance we'll see Significantly Viewed by the end of the year?
This is getting frustrating...

I already have a phase III dish

when is directv going to launch significantly viewed locals? Dish network already has significantly viewed locals in about 6 or 7 cities and directv hasn't even announced any plans yet.

The boards have fallen silent on this issue since Dtv let the November 8 date go by -- does anyone have any information on this?

It's more than annoying for us, too... trust me.

I'm hoping if there's no news by then, we can get some answers at CES.

hancox said:
Any updates?

Hello
will directv have any significantly view locals for the mobile al. area?

Directv has relabeled Maryland Public Broadcasting from MPT to WMPT on channel 22. Could this be related to the significantly viewed locals coming to Dtv?

Over a month past the original date and nothing! Guess the whole deal has been put to sleep???

hancox said:

You must have missed this.

I am also curious about this as well. Growing up I am used to watching Boston locals as well as the Providence/New Bedford locals. R.I. is such a small state that Boston is considered local,but not according to the DMA?????

where's the supposed big news coming out of ces? I haven't heard anything!!!

I think there was only dead silence about this at the CES. Or did I miss anything?

mikedz4 said:
where's the supposed big news coming out of ces? I haven't heard anything!!!

maybe directv is thinking we'll forget about significantly viewed channels? I also noticed no news on the channel as a whole front.

Ask a CSR at Directv about "Significantly Viewed" and they won't have any idea of what you're talking about.

How about Belleville (Wayne Co.)?

I think that DirecTV is slowly implementing SV stations in some of the more critical markets. Take for example the Florence/Myrtle Beach market. They do not have an NBC station, and have traditionally got NBC from powerhouse WIS in Columbia. However, if you punch in a Myrtle Beach zip code, WIS shows up as the official NBC station.

Status
Please reply by conversation.