DIRECTV TV Anywhere is coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You have to understand your not getting much as its only being tested in 3 markets right now.....I will assume in time it will expand?

According to DirecTV, it is available in the entire eastern time zone.

"Mobile DVR is currently only available to residents in US Eastern Time Zone states (including CST portions of MI, TN, KY & FL) plus AZ, CO, TX, and CA."

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4744

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3513

DIRECTV hasn't updated all the FAQs since ending GenieGO and starting Mobile DVR but I think most everything is the same outside of not requiring separate hardware anymore. But the above link says anything on the DVR can be downloaded except for PPV and on-demand (though some/most on-demand programs can be downloaded).

I did notice that when I went to stream Wrecked (TBS show) off my DVR on my phone, it wasn't showing up in my Playlist. More recent recordings were showing up so it wasn't a refresh issue. Could be a random error or streaming may be restricted by network. Since it's still in testing, there's not a lot of updated info on the support site yet.

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3513

DIRECTV hasn't updated all the FAQs since ending GenieGO and starting Mobile DVR but I think most everything is the same outside of not requiring separate hardware anymore. But the above link says anything on the DVR can be downloaded except for PPV and on-demand (though some/most on-demand programs can be downloaded).

I did notice that when I went to stream Wrecked (TBS show) off my DVR on my phone, it wasn't showing up in my Playlist. More recent recordings were showing up so it wasn't a refresh issue. Could be a random error or streaming may be restricted by network. Since it's still in testing, there's not a lot of updated info on the support site yet.

For the shows you can download, are you able to FF through commercials?

Well, I got my system installed today. It appears I have to wait 12 hours before I can try the mobile dvr out, so hopefully I will know better how this works by some time tomorrow.

Well, I got my system installed today. It appears I have to wait 12 hours before I can try the mobile dvr out, so hopefully I will know better how this works by some time tomorrow.

Waiting patiently on your review. I'm on the fence and I think the mobile dvr feature will make me sign up right way. That's what pulled me to Dish some years back but always missed D* picture quality.

So far, a very small change in behavior. Yesterday, the playlist would not load. Today it loads, but there are only 2 recordings that show up, and I have recorded much more than that. Just trying to be patient right now as I am sure it takes a little while to get things working on the back end.

Currently using TiVoBolt and three mini units(Fios). The mobile DVR functionality works quite wonderfully. Been thinking about reaping with D* because of of AT&T cellular package but I'm still on the fence. Been waiting to see how this added functionality turns out. So far it seems relatively dodgy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the positive side, the feature shows up on my bill.
mobiledvr.png
mobiledvr.png

I pulled the plug on my Genie Go box this weekend and followed suit using the TRANSC0DEON keyword search to enable the internal option on the HR44.
I tried both live and recorded streaming to my cell without wifi and it worked great. I think they are finally getting close with this product, what it should have been 2 years ago.

I do have the Mobile DVR service on my account as I had the GenieGo prior, so it worked perfectly. My guess is if one didn't have the GenieGo previously they may need to wait until launch.
I'll have to try it out a bit more over a month or two, but it looks like the capability is finally enough that I could retire my slingbox.

From Directv.com/mobiledvr:
Mobile DVR is currently only available to residents of Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. If you don’t live in one of these areas and you’re excited for Mobile DVR, the Mobile DVR program is expanding and will most likely be coming to your area soon.

Can you provide any update on your experience? Does the Genie have to be connected via Wi-Fi for this work? This support page suggests that may be the case:

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4749

Thanks,
Ted

FYI: Switching the Genie to wi-fi does seem to have made the rest of my recording show up in my playlist now.

I was able to download a recording and play it back. Quality is about as good as the lowest quality available with the Tivo app. Acceptable, but not great. No FF functionality kind of sucks. You can drag your finger along the playback bar to go forward or back, but it is imprecise.

I thought we could download from our playlist to take it with us.... I don't see that option anywhere.... Most are to download on demand.

I thought we could download from our playlist to take it with us.... I don't see that option anywhere.... Most are to download on demand.

I am able to download anything from my playlist to take with me. At least so far...

The System Info display in the App reports Out of Home is not setup. I am still confused as to how to enable it. From the App? I don't see any option to do so. Or from the HR Genie?

The System Info display in the App reports Out of Home is not setup. I am still confused as to how to enable it. From the App? I don't see any option to do so. Or from the HR Genie?

Have you register your device by enabling mobile DVR on the DirecTV app under settings and help?

Sent from my iPhone

Nothing to set up on the Genie, just make sure that you have in connected to the same network address as your WiFi connection is. I'd recommend on the client to delete it from the device, reboot the device, then reinstall the app. Once you've signed onto the app then select playlist, you should be asked again to register the device and asked for your password again. If that doesn't work call DIRECTV and have them get you going since you are paying them to support your system.

Nothing to set up on the Genie, just make sure that you have in connected to the same network address as your WiFi connection is. I'd recommend on the client to delete it from the device, reboot the device, then reinstall the app. Once you've signed onto the app then select playlist, you should be asked again to register the device and asked for your password again. If that doesn't work call DIRECTV and have them get you going since you are paying them to support your system.
Did all that. Still reports Out of Home is not setup.

Edit: As suggested on previous page, I configured port forwarding in my router for ports 8082-8083. Now the System Info screen in the App reports Ports (TCP) 8082/8083 instead of Out of Home is not setup. And I am able to view DVR recordings when my iPhone is connected to the external LTE network.

Last edited:
Did all that. Still reports Out of Home is not setup.

Edit: As suggested on previous page, I configured port forwarding in my router for ports 8082-8083. Now the System Info screen in the App reports Ports (TCP) 8082/8083 instead of Out of Home is not setup. And I am able to view DVR recordings when my iPhone is connected to the external LTE network.

Or perhaps it was the subsequent reboot of the router?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)