DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Really..I had the original ROKU...I guess you haven't used one very long..you buy cheap..you get cheap..you buy quality .you get quality
Really, Amazon Fire? I thought you would say something snobbish like the Nivida Shield or Apple TV (I have an Apple TV device and see little difference with it vs. Roku). I have Roku Ultra for my home theater as well as my whole house system and have no problems with them. I also have a Roku Express stick for my workroom and laundry room TVs that are not on the main system. No problems at all.

Reactions: robjlevin
Really, Amazon Fire? I thought you would say something snobbish like the Nivida Shield or Apple TV (I have an Apple TV device and see little difference with it vs. Roku). I have Roku Ultra for my home theater as well as my whole house system and have no problems with them. I also have a Roku Express stick for my workroom and laundry room TVs that are not on the main system. No problems at all.
The ROKU just has a limited lifespan..meaning eventually they stop support..I have had 6 or 7 of them..Its a nice box but gets outdated ...My original firetv..1080p..just chugs along..keeps getting updates but I had to hunt on ebay for a replacement remote..

So the Rokus/Firesticks are no better than the Smart Tv's that you keep reminding people that are no good.
They work good for 5 years or so but atleast with a Roku they send you a coupon to get a good deal on a new one

They work good for 5 years or so but atleast with a Roku they send you a coupon to get a good deal on a new one
Five years is actually great for electronics, a Cell Phone would be ancient after 5 years.

They do ????
I've never got a coupon to help purchase the next one.
Nor I, but I guarantee I would of used one if so.

Reactions: Mr Tony and Jimbo
The 8 line was very good .... I know people still using it, gotta be slowing down by now though.

Battery life is not what it used to be. I may need to charge during the day. Most of that is Tapatalk. It’s definitely got issues… can turn the phone into a hand warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
Battery life is not what it used to be. I may need to charge during the day. Most of that is Tapatalk. It’s definitely got issues… can turn the phone into a hand warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That definitely does not read like it works just fine.

Yes, I always get upgrade offers in emails. And there are offers on the Roku device screen itself.
I have seen those myself, but usually not a better deal then buying at Amazon.

One time the new Roku Remote popped up on screen(usb charge) for $29.99, looked at Amazon and it was $5 less.

I have seen those myself, but usually not a better deal then buying at Amazon.

One time the new Roku Remote popped up on screen(usb charge) for $29.99, looked at Amazon and it was $5 less.
Yes, generally you are correct. Amazon or Best Buy often has a better price. I think once though I did get a better deal from Roku on an Ultra though.

Yes, generally you are correct. Amazon or Best Buy often has a better price. I think once though I did get a better deal from Roku on an Ultra though.
If they know you have a soon to be unsupported device..you will get a good deal..but just a regular upgrade iscehh

Status
Please reply by conversation.