DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually streaming needs to be something exceptional compared to directv..right now the discussion is what does directv have that streaming doesn't?..not much...until people see things in streaming that directv doesn't have..people will stick with what they have

I guess the goalposts aren't as heavy if you just never put them down? I even agreed with you and you still felt the need to make this odd pivot to a vague 'exceptional' thing (that already exists in a number of ways, be it expanded catalogs of content, extras, platform agnostic ownership w/ Movies Anywhere, aggregation of services, etc.).

I guess the goalposts aren't as heavy if you just never put them down? I even agreed with you and you still felt the need to make this odd pivot to a vague 'exceptional' thing (that already exists in a number of ways, be it expanded catalogs of content, extras, platform agnostic ownership w/ Movies Anywhere, aggregation of services, etc.).
I just meant you can't get some people to switch by being the same but harder

You have to be much much better so people want to change..

The cheapskates are already streaming

Hotels ( and all other Businesses) pay a lot more (then the general public)for HBO, Showtime and the like.

For hotels, I wonder how long this will last. I’ve stayed in a hotel where i could Cast from my phone to the in-room TV using the hotel WiFi.

Alternatively, many hotel TVs have AV ports to allow guests to stream from their devices to the room TV.

I could see hotels offering lifeline cable package level in-room. Who goes to a hotel for the TV package anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alternatively, many hotel TVs have AV ports to allow guests to stream from their devices to the room TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is what we do whenever we stay somewhere. Find the HDMI plug on the back or side of the set, plug my own streamer in, and use my own content and remote.

Reactions: navychop
When traveling its nice to go to a hotel and watch a movie at night

I think Marriott had hbo max, or showtime free on demand

And I think hilton also had hbo ...

I dont bring streaming stuff with me when traveling beyond mabye cell phone

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Decades ago, late one night driving back home, we decided to stop at a hotel rather than gut it out. A few semis were parked there. Must be safe.

They had movies in the rooms too. Not HBO. TV wasn’t on for long…. :rolleyes

Who would they use as the backhaul provider. AWS or BAMTech. I doubt Apple has the power to do it in house.

Looking like it'll be headed to Apple TV+.

Still made more sense for Amazon to get it, but on a personal level, I am ok with Apple getting it, since I can get itunes cards for free with my credit card points, it will not cost me anything to get ST from Apple.

O for sake not apple ...

It's bad enough they got MLB ...
It is the future, within the next 5 years, all the sports that is exclusive to Traditional Providers now, will be available streaming and a lot will be exclusive to streaming.

I predict that ESPN+ will be offering the same programming that is on ESPN, ESPN 2, etc in that same 5 years as contracts expire with Traditional Providers and get re-worked so ESPN can do so.

At what monthly cost, that I do not know.

I hope it will still be an option on DirecTV. I have apple nothing .
I thought your problem was icky broadband in your area.

No other options?

And you can get Apple TV on a Roku, Google TV, etc.

I thought your problem was icky broadband in your area.

No other options?

And you can get Apple TV on a Roku, Google TV, etc.
Google TV ??????
Not at the moment you can't.
Maybe if they upload it to the Play Store eventually, but it's not available now.

Apple TV is available in the Roku channel store.
I'd really rather Not have to get a roku for every TV that I want to watch a game on.
Seeing most of my TV's have Google TV already.

Google TV ??????
Not at the moment you can't.
Maybe if they upload it to the Play Store eventually, but it's not available now.

Apple TV is available in the Roku channel store.
I'd really rather Not have to get a roku for every TV that I want to watch a game on.
Seeing most of my TV's have Google TV already.
From my Sony A90J-
Also, I have a Sony X95J that I bought middle of last year, on there also since I bought it, also on the Shield since last summer.

C9389072-EE97-4E45-97A0-216CE4777769.jpeg

From my Sony A90J-
Also, I have a Sony X95J that I bought middle of last year, on there also since I bought it, also on the Shield since last summer.

View attachment 156464
Well ...This is Very interesting ...
I looked for Appletv as well as Apple TV on my Sony TV (Google) a week or so ago and it finds nothing ...
I also found the same results just now ...

However,
If I pick up the Sony TV REMOTE and use the Voice commands it Finds it ...
Down below, it says "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

Well then why doesn't if find a version it IS compatible with ?

Guess I STILL won't be able to get it .... and
NO, I'm not buying a Newer TV ... its only 3 years old (iirc)

Well ...This is Very interesting ...
I looked for Appletv as well as Apple TV on my Sony TV (Google) a week or so ago and it finds nothing ...
I also found the same results just now ...

However,
If I pick up the Sony TV REMOTE and use the Voice commands it Finds it ...
Down below, it says "Your device isn't compatible with this version."

Well then why doesn't if find a version it IS compatible with ?

Guess I STILL won't be able to get it .... and
NO, I'm not buying a Newer TV ... its only 3 years old (iirc)
Just get a Roku, you are going to need it in a year and a half anyways to get NFLST.

Reactions: navychop and comp9
Status
Please reply by conversation.

4K Events Schedule & Discussion

May Free Previews - Add Notes Here