DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Amazon Prime game broadcast was good. Right now I would put my money on Amazon getting the Sunday Ticket.

ST would be a little different, Amazon produced this game (and made it look like they'd been doing it for a long time, they did great), ST would rely on other broadcast feeds. From an infrastructure standpoint though, 100% agree.

We got some great bites of what a streaming football future could look like though with the multiple feeds and stuff. If we got a next gen real time all-22 as standard on most stadium productions in addition to the traditional studio setup, football will never be the same, stuff was amazing.

View: https://twitter.com/KheeLee/status/1570594464867168257

View: https://twitter.com/shawnathan88/status/1570590822181273603

As usual, you do not posts links.

Boom.
Now you have Fox early 12.1M, I assume that is for one game who knows where,
Could you please tell me the market with 20M viewers?
what about the other 3 Fox Games at 1pm-

• 49ers at Bears (1 p.m. ET)
  • Eagles at Lions (1 p.m. ET)
  • Saints at Falcons (1 p.m. ET)
  • Jaguars at Commanders (1 p.m. ET)
Then the 1pm CBS games, you only posted one game-

• Steelers at Bengals (1 p.m. ET)
  • Patriots at Dolphins (1 p.m. ET)
  • Ravens at Jets (1 p.m. ET)
  • Browns at Panthers (1 p.m. ET)
  • Colts at Texans (1 p.m. ET)
Then the 4pm Games-
Fox-
  • Packers at Vikings (4:25 p.m. ET)
  • Giants at Titans (4:25 p.m. ET)
CBS-

• Chiefs at Cardinals (4:25 p.m. ET)
  • Raiders at Chargers (4:25 p.m. ET)
WRONG. As I pointed out to you before you just do not know how ratings work.

These are the NATIONAL ratings. If Game X is on CBS in City 1, Game Y is on in City 2, Game Z is on in City 3 and so on across the country,, these are the ratings NATIONWIDE for which ever game is on in each market.

You will note in the link I provided FOR A SECOND TIME, it will read things like “Steelers @ Bengals, primary” or “Various Games”.

Because these are the NATIONAL ratings.

You do not know how this works.
This what I found-

NFL TV ratings in 2022 – Week 1​

• FOX’s “Game of the Week” – 18.55 million avg. viewers and 9.2 rating – Green Bay Packers vs Minnesota Vikings
  • CBS’ early game – 17.39 million avg. viewers and 8.7 rating – Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cincinnati Bengals
  • CBS’ afternoon game – 16.62 million avg. viewers and 8.3 rating –Kansas City Chiefs vs Arizona Cardinals
So, if the 1pm Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cincinnati Bengals had 17.39 million watching it, what about the other 4 games at the same time-
These are, again, the NATIONAL RATINGS, simply listing the game that more of the country saw.

You do not know how this business works.
Patriots at Dolphins (1 p.m. ET)
Ravens at Jets (1 p.m. ET)
Browns at Panthers (1 p.m. ET)
Colts at Texans (1 p.m. ET)

Do not the viewers of these games count towards the total?

Yes. And they WERE counted in the totals.

I know that, because I understand this business. You do not.

Boom.

Could you please tell me the market with 20M viewers?

WRONG. As I pointed out to you before you just do not know how ratings work.

These are the NATIONAL ratings. If Game X is on CBS in City 1, Game Y is on in City 2, Game Z is on in City 3 and so on across the country,, these are the ratings NATIONWIDE for which ever game is on in each market.

You will note in the link I provided FOR A SECOND TIME, it will read things like “Steelers @ Bengals, primary” or “Various Games”.

Because these are the NATIONAL ratings.

You do not know how this works.

These are, again, the NATIONAL RATINGS, simply listing the game that more of the country saw.

You do not know how this business works.

Yes. And they WERE counted in the totals.

I know that, because I understand this business. You do not.
And then added all together makes a tad above 107 million.

Now I will make it 80 million to cover those who watch more then one game or flip between Networks.

Then back to the survey that polled that 28% of NFL Fans will get ST if priced at $300.

That makes 20 million fans will get ST.

I still think it will be less, around 10 million, which is roughly 13%, a lot less then that survey.

So 10 million times $300 is $3 Billion, makes ST profitable.

So Thank You for that link, helped me make my point.

Reactions: meStevo
And then added all together makes a tad above 107 million.

Now I will make it 80 million to cover those who watch more then one game or flip between Networks.

Then back to the survey that polled that 28% of NFL Fans will get ST if priced at $300.

I still think it will be less, around 10 million, which is roughly 13%, a lot less then that survey.

But they won't

ST only has 2 million subs

But they won't

ST only has 2 million subs

giphy.gif

Its really simple..satellite tv is available to a higher percentage of americans(100%) than high speed internet.(80%).there are only 2 million subscribed to ST..by decreasing the availability of ST..you will decrease the number the subs..not to mention ps4 serves those subs who for whatever reason cant have a satellite dish..so by switching to internet delivery you screw over bars and restaraunts( see TNF) and lose 250k rural subs...

Its really simple..satellite tv is available to a higher percentage of americans(100%)
No it is not 100%, the vast majority of Multi-Dwellings ( Apartments, Dorms, Condos) cannot get Satellite TV, then there are Renters of Houses where Landlords do not allow a Dish.

And yet, those in Multi-Dwellings can get Broadband.

Here-
Apartment and condo living is only preferred by 8 percent of the population, yet two in 10 Americans (17 percent) live in an apartment or condo.

than high speed internet.(80%).there are only 2 million subscribed to ST..by decreasing the availability of ST..you will decrease the number the subs..
This thread is becoming even more idiotic.

You are not decreasing the availabity because only 8% ( and shrinking) of 128 million Households have DirecTV while 85% ( and increasing) of US Households have Broadband.

Plus the fact you need to sign a 2 year agreement with DirecTV that can cost at least over $2500.00 just to get access to ST.

At most with Apple TV $50 for access or Prime $139 ( but the vast majority are already paying for that).

No it is not 100%, the vast majority of Multi-Dwellings ( Apartments, Dorms, Condos) cannot get Satellite TV, then there are Renters of Houses where Landlords do not allow a Dish.

And yet, those in Multi-Dwellings can get Broadband.

Here-
Apartment and condo living is only preferred by 8 percent of the population, yet two in 10 Americans (17 percent) live in an apartment or condo.

You are not decreasing the availabity because only 8% ( and shrinking) of 128 million Households have DirecTV while 85% ( and increasing) of US Households have Broadband.

Plus the fact you need to sign a 2 year agreement with DirecTV that can cost at least over $2500.00 just to get access to ST.

At most with Apple TV $50 for access or Prime $139 ( but the vast majority are already paying for that).
The big one they are losing is the lucrative one..bars and restaraunts..those other places are covered by ps4

The big one they are losing is the lucrative one..bars and restaraunts..those other places are covered by ps4
PS4 is now ancient tech, 9 years old, been replaced by the PS5, which is already two years old.

PS4 is now ancient tech, 9 years old, been replaced by the PS5, which is already two years old.
But ST was available yet nobody subscribed..putting it on another provider with less coverage ( who paid 2x the license fee)..wont make it more appealing..just more expensive with fewer subs..its a luxury for those who like to gamble on sports or own a bar and restaraunt..the rest of us don't really care enough to pay $300+ to watch out of market football

And then added all together makes a tad above 107 million
So you now retract your comments about the ratings for the last two pages. The ones where you, not knowing how the ratings system works, asked for ratings of other games, which were already included in the ones I provided.

You know a little bit of the ratings system. Something most posters on this board understood from day one.

Keep reading my posts and you can learn a lot more.

Again that would be wrong, as explained upthread. These are the ratings across 4 time slots, Thursday, Sunday early, Sunday late, and Sunday night. Its the same people 4 times, mostly. The largest number of people who watch the NFL at any one time, this week, any week, in the regular season is about 30M.

I could do more, How many do you want? About 30M every week.

No. 30M people watch the NFL at one time. Assuming the clickbait survey is correct (it isn't) that 6M ish.

You don't know enough about how TV ratings and the TV business works to comment.

You have no point. You don't know enough about this business to have one.

Having shown a fundamental lack of how TV ratings work and posting multi times based on incorrect information, one would think one would refrain from calling others "idiotic".

Rather I would spend some time reading up on basics of how TV works.

Then one would probably understand that projecting more people buying a supplemental service than actually watch the "free" games is, umm, idiotic.

You have no point. You don't know enough about this business to have one.
Well since you said that MNF would never be on ESPN+, I guess you do not enough about this business.

Well since you said that MNF would never be on ESPN+, I guess you do not enough about this business.
You look foolish. You posted fundamentally incorrect information and won't even admit that.

I know a vast amount about the TV industry. I certainly know how the ratings work, which is pretty basic. You don't.

BTW, what I said was the ESPN will never be available other than in a linear bundle. And I remain correct. And will for, well, ever. Enjoy the Mannings. You show em.

You look foolish. You posted fundamentally incorrect information and won't even admit that.

I know a vast amount about the TV industry. I certainly know how the ratings work, which is pretty basic. You don't.
Not incorrect at all, just because you say it is only 30 million does not mean it is true, not everyone watches every game or flips around, for example I watched Thursday and Monday, not Sunday because I was assembling bookshelves.

Also this, there is a lot more then 30 million fans as you say-

As a league, the NFL had about 128 million Americans 13+ attend or watch an NFL game in 2017, which accounted for about 47.62% of all Americans 13+. That number grew to about 143 million by 2021, an 11% increase over the five years.

BTW, what I said was the ESPN will never be available other than in a linear bundle. And I remain correct. And will for, well, ever. Enjoy the Mannings. You show em.

Did not watch the Mannings, watch the same thing ESPN had on, but via ESPN+ in 1080P and DD+ sound.

ESPN+ gets 3 feeds, the regular one in better quality then Traditional Providers, Mannings and in Spanish. .

No. 30M people watch the NFL at one time. Assuming the clickbait survey is correct (it isn't) that 6M ish.
That survey says nothing about fans watching on TV, it just says NFL fans.

Here you go again-

Sunday Ticket’s winning bidder stands to pick up a huge number of first.-time subscribers: More than 40% of those that never subscribed before say they definitely will or are likely to subscribe

Only 26% of fans willing to pay up to the current $300 base price.

Alright, we determined there are 143 million fans, now divide that by how many live in a household, 2.53, that makes it a tad above 56 million, now 26% of that is roughly above 14 million which is still too many in my opinion.

Hence why I say 10 million subs is what I think it will be.

And again, thank you for providing the ratings info, it is making a more complete picture that Sunday Ticket will do a lot better Streaming then it ever did on DirecTV.

BTW, what I said was the ESPN will never be available other than in a linear bundle. And I remain correct.
Incorrect as I posted in post 2470

technically it is via streaming services. So as example on my Sling service I can get ESPN & ESPN2 in a package for $35 a month. If I feel like adding the extra ESPN "owned" channels like ESPN News, ESPN U, SEC Net, Longhorn and ACC Net I can for $11 more. Now while on Sling its only limited to one stream at a time (due to the contract Sling signed with Disney) I could record every football game being played on those networks.

I know you are referring to it as a stand alone service. But it is available to folks who stream their programming. Just saying........

And will for, well, ever. Enjoy the Mannings. You show em.
and in the very next post
I watched the actual game via my ESPN+ subscription. I do not have an ABC in my market and I don't sub to ESPN on Sling but ESPN+ had the game available.

I know this Monday's Vikes/Eagles game is on ESPN+ and ESPN3 (due to being on ABC).
Untitled.jpg

I am not signed in on the ESPN site on the computer. On the Roku is does show ESPN3/ESPN+ for the game. The Titans/Bills game as of right now shows ESPN/ESPN2 for broadcast. They may add ESPN+ to the list. I guess I'll have to wait and see

That survey says nothing about fans watching on TV, it just says NFL fans.

Here you go again-

Sunday Ticket’s winning bidder stands to pick up a huge number of first.-time subscribers: More than 40% of those that never subscribed before say they definitely will or are likely to subscribe

Only 26% of fans willing to pay up to the current $300 base price.

Alright, we determined there are 143 million fans, now divide that by how many live in a household, 2.53, that makes it a tad above 56 million, now 26% of that is roughly above 14 million which is still too many in my opinion.

Hence why I say 10 million subs is what I think it will be.

And again, thank you for providing the ratings info, it is making a more complete picture that Sunday Ticket will do a lot better Streaming then it ever did on DirecTV.
That doesn't make a lot of sense though. Think about it. If 80 or so million people/households are watching football games on Sunday Afternoon, why are only 20 or 25 million watching Sunday or Monday Night football?

That doesn't make a lot of sense though. Think about it. If 80 or so million people/households are watching football games on Sunday Afternoon, why are only 20 or 25 million watching Sunday or Monday Night football?
Not everyone watches every game, I don’t.

Why does the Super Bowl get over 100 million watching?

I am not the one taking the surveys.

Not everyone watches every game, I don’t.

Why does the Super Bowl get over 100 million watching?

I am not the one taking the surveys.
I think die hard fans of their teams who aren't local will get the ticket, casual fans may not, I know people who don't watch football all the time, but they watch the Super Bowl, it's the biggest event of the year IMO, so even casual fans watch it.

But the whole 100M or 80M, how many of them are people that don't live in their teams state, area code, local, etc.... Just cause 100M people watched the SB doesn't mean 100M will sub to the ST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.