dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
DIRECTV Up To Bat with Fully-Loaded MLB EXTRA INNINGS(R) SuperFan(R) Service

DIRECTV Customers Receive Up To 40 HD Games Each Week And Unique
Interactive Features with SuperFan Service

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Apr 02, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV's unparalleled commitment to providing sports fans with superior HD programming and interactive content is on display again with its 2008 MLB EXTRA INNINGS(R) out-of-market subscription service.

DIRECTV customers who subscribe to MLB EXTRA INNINGS(R) and the SuperFan(R) option will receive up to 40 games in HD each week, about four times more than last year. Additionally, SuperFan offers unique features like the Game Mix channel with up to eight live games on a single screen, and the Strike Zone Channel(TM) showing the best live action and highlights from around the league - modeled after the hugely popular NFL SUNDAY TICKET(TM) Red Zone Channel. DIRECTV's regular MLB EXTRA INNINGS package offers customers up to 80 out-of-market, regular season games each week as well as real-time game stats and live updates directly from MLB.com, the official website of Major League Baseball. More details on MLB EXTRA INNINGS(R) services and pricing are available by calling 800-GET-SPORTS or visiting DIRECTV.com.

"DIRECTV is still the only place fans can find the ultimate MLB viewing experience, and through our agreement with MLB.com, we're able to provide fans with a wealth of real-time stats and information about their favorite teams and players," said Eric Shanks, executive vice president of DIRECTV Entertainment. "With up to 40 HD games each week, more interactive enhancements, and exclusive programming like the Game Mix and Strike Zone channels, DIRECTV has the richest MLB EXTRA INNINGS SuperFan package available anywhere."

As it has with NFL SUNDAY TICKET(TM), MEGA MARCH MADNESS(R) and other highly-acclaimed sports packages over the past three seasons, MLB EXTRA INNINGS SuperFan will offer a wide array of award-winning features, including:

-- HD Games - up to 40 MLB EXTRA INNINGS(R) games each week will be available in HD, four times more than last season and far more MLB HD broadcasts available than anywhere else.

-- MLB EXTRA INNINGS Strike Zone Channel - will be available for the first time in HD. Strike Zone will continue to provide up-to-the-minute highlights, combined with live-action of critical plays and amazing rallies from MLB EXTRA INNINGS game broadcasts as they happen.

-- MLB EXTRA INNINGS Game Mix - This interactive channel, which has become a signature of DIRECTV sports packages, is back this season, once again allowing fans to view up to eight MLB EXTRA INNINGS game broadcasts on one screen. Viewers can select any of the games to view full-screen, and SuperFan subscribers can tune directly to the games in HD when available.

MLB EXTRA INNINGS customers who don't subscribe to the SuperFan service will continue to enjoy up to 80 MLB game broadcasts every week during the regular season including the following award-winning interactive features: Up-to-the-minute scores from around the league, MLB standings and stat leaders, and real time in-game box scores to track game performance for each player.

DIRECTV residential customers who purchase the 2008 MLB EXTRA INNINGS before April 6 can take advantage of an Early Bird Special of $179 (or 4 payments of $44.75). MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscribers can upgrade to the SuperFan service tier for an additional $50.
About DIRECTV, Inc.

DIRECTV, Inc. (NASDAQ:DTV), the nation's leading satellite television service provider, presents the finest television experience available to more than 16.8 million customers in the United States and is leading the HD revolution with 92 national HD channels - more quality HD channels than any other television provider. Each day, DIRECTV subscribers enjoy access to over 265 channels of 100% digital picture and sound, exclusive programming, industry-leading customer satisfaction (which has surpassed cable for seven years running) and superior technologies that include advanced DVR and HD-DVR services and the most state-of-the-art interactive sports packages available anywhere. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit directv.com.

SOURCE: DIRECTV, Inc.

That game mix channel is so nice. This is the first year I have had the Super Fan package (I usually just get the SD EI package) and I probably turn to the game mix channel more than any of the other EI channels. I can view 6 games at once, then use the arrows on the remote and choose one of the six games. Hit select and the TV will go directly to that broadcast. Plus the interactive features. The colored buttons allow me to view stats of the particular game whenever I choose and view other things such as standings. I don't view the Strike Zone Channel very much even though it is in HD.

BTW, Direct also shows movies on these EI channels when there are no games. I watched Game Plan on the Strike Zone Channel 2 nights ago.

That game mix channel is so nice. This is the first year I have had the Super Fan package (I usually just get the SD EI package) and I probably turn to the game mix channel more than any of the other EI channels. I can view 6 games at once, then use the arrows on the remote and choose one of the six games. Hit select and the TV will go directly to that broadcast. Plus the interactive features. The colored buttons allow me to view stats of the particular game whenever I choose and view other things such as standings. I don't view the Strike Zone Channel very much even though it is in HD.

BTW, Direct also shows movies on these EI channels when there are no games. I watched Game Plan on the Strike Zone Channel 2 nights ago.

Nice signature DodgerKing !!!

Jimbo

You know what guys, for all the bitching and moaning we all have done, I think it's time to just give D* a little love on this one. Heck, I am giving them a standing ovation. Just last year, we were getting what, like 2 to 3 games each night in HD, seemed like it was always the same teams too. THis year, this is just sick! StrikeZone in HD, dual feeds, seems like 10 games a night in HD, shoot, the other night there was like 12 games in HD and 4 or 5 of those were HD feeds from both teams. D* has stepped up to the plate and whacked a HOME RUN! Baseball fans rejoice! On a personal note, just two years ago I was lucky to see 50 Phils games on MLB EI, somehow they have remedied that and we get just about all of them. Anyway, for those of us that love our Baseball and get EI, happy viewing!

You know what guys, for all the bitching and moaning we all have done, I think it's time to just give D* a little love on this one. Heck, I am giving them a standing ovation. Just last year, we were getting what, like 2 to 3 games each night in HD, seemed like it was always the same teams too. THis year, this is just sick! StrikeZone in HD, dual feeds, seems like 10 games a night in HD, shoot, the other night there was like 12 games in HD and 4 or 5 of those were HD feeds from both teams. D* has stepped up to the plate and whacked a HOME RUN! Baseball fans rejoice! On a personal note, just two years ago I was lucky to see 50 Phils games on MLB EI, somehow they have remedied that and we get just about all of them. Anyway, for those of us that love our Baseball and get EI, happy viewing!
Thats nice ,but I can't watch 10 HD baseball games at once, Nor do I want to. I'll give them credit when I get about 6 more Cinemax channels, Local HD, Neighboring locals, for less then $120 per month.

I have ordered the superfan package but am wondering if I need it as I have the MLB package and the sports pack. If I don't have the superfan package would I still get the games in HD on regional networks or on the MLB channels? Does the superfan package only affect the games shown in the 90's channels?

I have ordered the superfan package but am wondering if I need it as I have the MLB package and the sports pack. If I don't have the superfan package would I still get the games in HD on regional networks or on the MLB channels? Does the superfan package only affect the games shown in the 90's channels?

I have the same question. Considering EI, but only because I care about the Mets and I'm out of market. Assuming that I won't need SF to get the game on SNYHD...

You have to order the SuperFan package to view the MLB:EI games in HD. What will happen is that the HD game will be blacked out on a channel like 622 which is the Yes network for the time the game is on. The NBA and NHL packages are the same way.

You have to order the SuperFan package to view the MLB:EI games in HD. What will happen is that the HD game will be blacked out on a channel like 622 which is the Yes network for the time the game is on. The NBA and NHL packages are the same way.

Ugh. :no

The sports pack only allows you to view the out of market RSN's when they are not showing professional games. In order to see the games you must sign up for that particular game package.

Thats nice ,but I can't watch 10 HD baseball games at once, Nor do I want to.

Nope - you really can't watch 10 games at once - but you can watch the game you want instead of they game they only show locally. If out-of-market games had no interest to a LOT OF PEOPLE, FOX and ESPN wouldn't pay millions for exclusive rights to show them. And those 'games of the week' are also chosen FOR you not BY you.

The sports pack only allows you to view the out of market RSN's when they are not showing professional games. In order to see the games you must sign up for that particular game package.

Right. Our question was specifically about the HD version of said games... answered by bases1616.

Nope - you really can't watch 10 games at once - but you can watch the game you want instead of they game they only show locally. If out-of-market games had no interest to a LOT OF PEOPLE, FOX and ESPN wouldn't pay millions for exclusive rights to show them. And those 'games of the week' are also chosen FOR you not BY you.
Tell me something I don't already know! Like when are we getting Scranton Wilkes -Barre CBS and NBC,How about more the 3 Cinemax channels for $12. What about a neighboring network ,so if one didn't live in Philly they could watch an IN market game.

I don't have to order an extra package to view NHL games in HD, just CenterIce. I understand that the game might not be available on 622 but would the HD version be available on the EI channels (700's) without the Superfan package?

I don't have to order an extra package to view NHL games in HD, just CenterIce. I understand that the game might not be available on 622 but would the HD version be available on the EI channels (700's) without the Superfan package?

No. Why would there be a Superfan package if this was the case??

No. Why would there be a Superfan package if this was the case??

That's pretty much my point. Why is D* charging extra to view MLB games in HD when I already have purchased the MLB package and HD access. I do not have to pay extra with the NHL package.

+1

That's pretty much my point. Why is D* charging extra to view MLB games in HD when I already have purchased the MLB package and HD access. I do not have to pay extra with the NHL package.

Heard this so many times before. Answer is because that is the way it is...you have a choice to make.

Heard this so many times before. Answer is because that is the way it is...you have a choice to make.

That might be the answer but that is no way to run a business. I'm paying for MLB. I'm paying for HD. Now I have to pay to get MLB in HD.

That might be the answer but that is no way to run a business. I'm paying for MLB. I'm paying for HD. Now I have to pay to get MLB in HD.
Agree its BS, If you have Hot Pass and HD you get HD Hot Pass,same with Starz, HBO,MAX,Showtime, Sports pack. These games are in HD anyway!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts