DIRECTV Up To Bat with Fully-Loaded MLB EXTRA INNINGS(R) SuperFan(R) Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I go to those places to eat sometimes, not to watch sports. I go to bars to watch sports and drink the good stuff.

How is it that sometimes, okay, one out of 50,you sound like a normal and decent human being?
Just to be clear though, which is it, you go to watch sports, or you dont?

Q is just being argumetative because he really has run out of arguments these days. Maybe it is time Q goes back to his multi-provider TV viewing room and write about his TV reveiws again.

I just talked wtih DirecTV about the blackout rules and was told that they are whatever MLB says they are. Well that is fine but I don't want to subscribe and find out that I am blacked out. I apologize if this has been answered before (many times before ??) but is there a website or other source that if I enter my zip code or phone number or ??? I can find out what the blackout rules are as they apply to me ???

I was just counting the HD games for the week and there are about 60 and that doesn't include the double feeds of home and away announcers. That would put it closer to 80. Good job D*.

I was just counting the HD games for the week and there are about 60 and that doesn't include the double feeds of home and away announcers. That would put it closer to 80. Good job D*.

Much better than "up to 10" in 2007, or the claimed "up to 40" in 2008.

I'll take 60+ any week :)

At the end of last year if you will remember D* told us that nearly all of the games that were broadcast in HD would become available on Superfan. D* has delivered. The value of the package has skyrocketed over the last 3 years! We are definitely getting more for our money this year, way more.

I didn't do much channel switching last night, was too involved with the Phils/Mets game (and dead tired from coaching our 8th grade team to a 12-3 victory over our main rivals I might add) but I did want to mention...the game last night, the Mets feed, only one we got was on SNY and the PQ was just fantastic! I always comment that the YES games are the best quality that we get and this one was close if not there. Nice to know there is something those freakin New Yorkers are doing right!:eek:

I didn't do much channel switching last night, was too involved with the Phils/Mets game (and dead tired from coaching our 8th grade team to a 12-3 victory over our main rivals I might add) but I did want to mention...the game last night, the Mets feed, only one we got was on SNY and the PQ was just fantastic! I always comment that the YES games are the best quality that we get and this one was close if not there. Nice to know there is something those freakin New Yorkers are doing right!:eek:

Best picture quality.

nesn_hd.jpg

fsn_west.gif

YES_HD.jpg

32005-2sm.jpg

This is true! I wouldn't go to any bar within 100 mile of my house to watch the Red SOX. NO WAY! I live in Yankee,Phillies,Mets ONLY Town!

Wilkes Barre Dodger Fan! I have MLB EI and the SuperFan but still need to order the SportsPack to watch my Dodgers play the Pirates.

Well - DirecTV is over-delivering on MLB EI SuperFan so far.

They promised UP to 40 HD games per week - but the first week (6 days) they had 52 different HD games, last week over 60 HD games, and this week the schedule again lists over 60 HD games. Not incuding any ESPN, FOX or local HD games.

Pretty good for $50 bucks I say.

Best picture quality.

nesn_hd.jpg

fsn_west.gif

YES_HD.jpg

32005-2sm.jpg

I know you are a Sox fan and all, but I would have to say the YES has better PQ than NESN.

Also, FSN Prime Ticket is better than FSN West (only because they show every Dodger game in HD, while West shows only most Angel games in HD).

As a Dodger fan, I hate to say it, but since FSN Bay Area switched to Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area, they now have better PQ, even better than the Dodgers, FSN Primeticket. Oh, well, if the Giants have to better at something, I rather have it be RSN PQ.

I know you are a Sox fan and all, but I would have to say the YES has better PQ than NESN.

Also, FSN Prime Ticket is better than FSN West (only because they show every Dodger game in HD, while West shows only most Angel games in HD).

As a Dodger fan, I hate to say it, but since FSN Bay Area switched to Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area, they now have better PQ, even better than the Dodgers, FSN Primeticket. Oh, well, if the Giants have to better at something, I rather have it be RSN PQ.
I agree. YES has more natural color than NESN. NESN seems a little more over saturated to me. The sharpness is pretty close on both, its the color that makes it better for me, and my wife would be p*ssed that I favor a yankees network for PQ. I do think both are good though.

From what I've seen on the preview, the PQ is amazing on Channel 4 (SD).
I saw the Padres vs Dogers game, outstanding PQ.
I'd like to sub to MLB EI, but NFL ST+SF is going to be very expensive this year, and I am cutting down on all my expenses this year on TV.

From what I've seen on the preview, the PQ is amazing on Channel 4 (SD).
I saw the Padres vs Dogers game, outstanding PQ.
I'd like to sub to MLB EI, but NFL ST+SF is going to be very expensive this year, and I am cutting down on all my expenses this year on TV.
Interestingly, Channel 4 HD has been shown a lot on EI. When I was watching the first 10 innings of the 22 inning game a couple of nights ago on Channel 4, they had a commercial stating the only way you can see the Pads in HD on Channel 4 is through Cox. Found it quite ironic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts