DirecTV web site finally put up page about multiroom viewing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So exactly how do I update my software on my receivers? I read over the pdf file listed in this thread and it appears I do not have the correct software. Can someone guide me step by step on how to force a software update? Thanks so much!

my problem is they still install H20s...and I'm stuck with 2 of them from a July install

So exactly how do I update my software on my receivers? I read over the pdf file listed in this thread and it appears I do not have the correct software. Can someone guide me step by step on how to force a software update? Thanks so much!

You'll just have to wait until DirecTV schedules your receivers to get the upgrade, it could happen tonight or a couple weeks from now.

The software is just rolling out, your box probably has not got it yet, but will get it in the next day or so.

I don't think of it as a "service" they should charge extra for it's a software update with MRV included.

I don't want to hear some sob story about all the software engineers and all the hours it took them to develop the software to do it. :rolleyes:

It's free during the beta test...maybe that beta test will last as long as the one on Media Share...three years and counting!

The DLNA mediashare feature on the Dish Network 922 is no better StoneCold. I am starting to wonder if the DLNA specs are kind of lame. Perhaps we need a DLNA2 spec. :)

Last edited:
The software is just rolling out, your box probably has not got it yet, but will get it in the next day or so.

They usually stagger the rollouts, sometimes taking a few weeks rather than days.

Generally start in the LA area, then west coast, working their way east by zip. Most of the releases take a couple weeks to truly become national, unless it is to fix a problem.

Now I have to figure out how to network my DVRs... I'd prefer to not spend a lot of money getting my system ready to beta test something that I may not even keep once it gets out of the beta. The only thing I can think of that won't cost me money (and probably won't work anyways) would be to hook up my DVR to my desktop computer and set up internet sharing, but the speed probably won't be enough since it's wireless, and I think the DVR may not be visible on my network. Of course, I'll never know unless I try (or if tons of people on here tell me "No stupid, that won't work!")

Of course, this may just get me access to on Demand, which would be very nice. I'd prefer to not be forced to watch all my On Demand programming on my 30" tv as opposed to my nice 50".

10-4.

Yeah, these are the newer netgears that allow for four devices at one location. I have one at my router, one behind the tv for the HR22 and BR player, then I just ordered a third for the bedroom HR22, in hopes of getting on MRV.

Once the two HR22's are net connected thru the router, will they see each other, or will I need more hardware to get the MRV working?

10-4.

Yeah, these are the newer netgears that allow for four devices at one location. I have one at my router, one behind the tv for the HR22 and BR player, then I just ordered a third for the bedroom HR22, in hopes of getting on MRV.

Once the two HR22's are net connected thru the router, will they see each other, or will I need more hardware to get the MRV working?

I've used one of the DirecTV powerline adaptes (also a 85Mbps box) and I get very close to the rated speed in the two rooms I use them, but move one to another room or even plug in a charger for my camcorder battery and speed tanks and MRV is unusable. I've seen folks post that say when the 85Mbps didn't work they got the 200Mbps versions and don't have any further problems. If you do have problems and can wait to see what DirecTV's networking upgrade pogram will be I'd recommend doing that, could be cheaper then buying new powerline hardware.

Gotcha. So once I get the other HR22 net connected with the third XE104, and get the new SW, I will be good to go to atleast try it?

Gotcha. So once I get the other HR22 net connected with the third XE104, and get the new SW, I will be good to go to atleast try it?

Yep, just go through the multiroom setup menu's and your ready to try it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)