DirecTV web site finally put up page about multiroom viewing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I only have 2 TVs total. One is an HR23, the other an H21.

So I will be able to watch only 1 recorded show at a time, is that what I am understanding?

I only have 2 TVs total. One is an HR23, the other an H21.

So I will be able to watch only 1 recorded show at a time, is that what I am understanding?

You can watch a recorded program on the HR23 while also viewing another recording on the HR23 on your other network HD receiver. So it's view one locally on the HD DVR and one remotely.

Turn off the light ring on your receiver and when it comes back on all by itself, you've probably got the update. There's nothing you can do to make it happen sooner or later.

What is the light ring? where do I turn it off in the menu?

This feature became active for us today. We have 2 HR20-700s which were already attached to our network. A couple setups in the setup area and voila watching shows recorded in one room or the other set.

Quality seemed fine. Only difference noticed was that when skipping commercials (the 30 second jump) it was quite a bit slower than if the recording was on the box I was watching at the time.

It is a great add on feature but not sure I will pay for it once the trial is over.

This feature became active for us today. We have 2 HR20-700s which were already attached to our network. A couple setups in the setup area and voila watching shows recorded in one room or the other set.

Quality seemed fine. Only difference noticed was that when skipping commercials (the 30 second jump) it was quite a bit slower than if the recording was on the box I was watching at the time.

It is a great add on feature but not sure I will pay for it once the trial is over.

Nothing at my house yet. That's Ohio for you. 30 second jump?? Is that a feature on the remote that skips 30 seconds or commercials?

Here in RI there was a software update overnight and along with the new search function - which they labeled as "NEW" so we wouldn't miss it - is the new beta multi room which they did all but hide. I was looking for it because I'd read about it here on the forums.

The 30 second jump is exactly what you thought, basically the quick fast forward that you can skip commercials with.

Here in RI there was a software update overnight and along with the new search function - which they labeled as "NEW" so we wouldn't miss it - is the new beta multi room which they did all but hide. I was looking for it because I'd read about it here on the forums.

The 30 second jump is exactly what you thought, basically the quick fast forward that you can skip commercials with.

Thanks, so it shows up under menu as new? I check every morning but still nothing that looks different. I guess I will just have to wait.

The "30 second jump" is that on the remote as what? or is it a certain button?

got the software but only my hr 21 pro in the living room is networked. do i need to network the hr 20 in my bedroom? if so, can i use one of the wireless adapters that directv sells? thanks.

got the software but only my hr 21 pro in the living room is networked. do i need to network the hr 20 in my bedroom? if so, can i use one of the wireless adapters that directv sells? thanks.

If you check DIRECTV: Multi-Room HD DVR Service page they say that if your receivers are not networked now don't bother going out and buying new hardware just to try MRV. Reason is that they will have an upgrade available to get folks on DECA networking which would work better then wireless/powerline adapters.

Understand with the DECA ( Moca) adapters you need to be running a single wire multiswtich for it to work. SWM4, SWM5 or SWM8 work fine. Running the old multiswitches ( 2 cables ) to your receivers will not work with the DECA/Moca coax networking products.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts