DirecTV web site finally put up page about multiroom viewing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ya know, I had no idea this was coming when I switched back during my move, but Im glad I did. I find it strange that D* beat Dish on this deal. I know Dish has sling, and the SD out on boxes, but this is a better deal IMHO.

Ya know, I had no idea this was coming when I switched back during my move, but Im glad I did. I find it strange that D* beat Dish on this deal. I know Dish has sling, and the SD out on boxes, but this is a better deal IMHO.

I agree, if you have HD sets this beats the Dish solution hands down. I have four HD DVR's and three HD STB's and being able to watch recordings in HD (all my TV's are HD) on any TV from any HD DVR is neat. Plus don't forget you can also use DirecTV2PC to view recordings on your PC (if it has the hardware requirements).

The DirecTV solution will be much better when the DECA / SWIM solution is available. That will be best for new customers.

The Dish solution will be using Sling which is neat because of the Sling support. Basically if your internet enabled TV has in a chipset that supports Flash (and almost all of them do) then you can have Dish on that TV with no receiver needed for that TV.

I find it great that both companies figured a way to do MRV getting around DRM concerns.

Directv still has not figured out how to use the Replay MRV software correctly... ;) you can do any function from any Dvr in any room in the network plus with dvarchive use you pc as another box ... ;)

DVArchive support would be nice to get back but looking at all the lockdown they did with DirecTV2PC I'd be VERY surprised to see that come back.

Ironic

Kind of ironic considering I just watch'ed DTV commercial touting how Dish charges extra fees for this and that of which D says they don't charge for which we all know including Dish is BS and this new feature just proves it also.

I have all my DVRs hardwired and just got MRV yesterday. It's working well so far. I'm surprised that there isn't a thread on this forum about issues people are having or not having. Or am I just missing it?

I've got my other powerline adapter on the way, hopefully I'll see the SW soon.

We should start a thread for MRV beta discussion.

If I read the requirements right, each MRV'd receiver has to be an HD receiver, correct? If you don't have them, you either have to buy them outright (say from Best Buy), or secure them from DirecTV, which means a two-year contract extension?

Would have preferred that MRV apply to any R-XX receiver, not just HD.

Also, they have to be hard-wired to each other, just like DISH's? That's why I declined to switch to DISH, because I didn't need any more holes in my walls and floors.

Or am I not understanding this correctly?

If I read the requirements right, each MRV'd receiver has to be an HD receiver, correct? If you don't have them, you either have to buy them outright (say from Best Buy), or secure them from DirecTV, which means a two-year contract extension?

Yes, the receivers that will support are the HR2X's, H21 and H23 (the H20 isn't since it doesn't have a network connection on it).

Would have preferred that MRV apply to any R-XX receiver, not just HD.

Those receivers don't have any network connections on them so can't do it.

Also, they have to be hard-wired to each other, just like DISH's? That's why I declined to switch to DISH, because I didn't need any more holes in my walls and floors.

Or am I not understanding this correctly?

DirecTV recommends/prefers that you use their DECA solution for the network connection, which uses the same coax that thet receivers connect back to the SWiM module/LNB on. You can also use an ethernet connection on your home network or wireless or powerline if you can get a high enough bandwidth connection between then, but DirecTV won't provide support for those configs if you have MRV problems.

Ok some of this is over my head. Let me tell you my situation and I hope someone can direct me. I can't wait for the MRV. I have 8 receivers.

1 HR23 networked
1 HR23 not networked
6 reg 23's

Do I need to have the other HR23 networked to allowed that one to be shared with the othere receivers. If I can't share both DVR's what do I need to buy toi make it work

Once I setup the MSV sharing will all the receivers be able to view both DVR's?

Can I put a hardrive on one DVR andview it from all receivers?

Kind of ironic considering I just watch'ed DTV commercial touting how Dish charges extra fees for this and that of which D says they don't charge for which we all know including Dish is BS and this new feature just proves it also.
They also still advertise on their website that they have more HD than Dish which is not true either, so if you're going to just blatantly lie to potential customers about that, why not lie about the fees too?

Just in case there is a misunderstanding, as is discussed in lots of other threads, you do not own receivers you pick up at Best Buy. Receivers picked up at Best Buy are leased just like the ones you get directly from DirecTV. Therefore, receivers picked up at Best Buy also carry the same two-year contract extension.

I tried to go through the steps that someone posted onhere to get the MRV to work. #1 problem is:

I go to Menu - Parental, Fav's and Setup - System Setup - But there's no Multi-Room tab.

I am connected to the internet and home network
I have a HR23 receiver.

What am I missing?

I tried to go through the steps that someone posted onhere to get the MRV to work. #1 problem is:

I go to Menu - Parental, Fav's and Setup - System Setup - But there's no Multi-Room tab.

I am connected to the internet and home network
I have a HR23 receiver.

What am I missing?

the software :) it is rolling out now so you might not have it just yet, I would say within a week or so you should have it.

the software :) it is rolling out now so you might not have it just yet, I would say within a week or so you should have it.

Once it's available will it show up when I go through the steps? and Multi-Room will be there under System Setup??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts