DIRECTV Will Raise Prices Next Month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Getting rid of shopping channels won't ever happen as they pay to be carried. They are money makers for both sides.

I remember when Premier bumped past $100. Guess I'm getting to be like my mom who talked about getting a candy and a pop for $.10.

And unless the NFL becomes horribly unpopular ESPN will continue to over pay for the rights.

and thats why people should try and avoid a sub to it.
when they learn people wont pay that much for a channel, they may change
but i doubt it

and thats why people should try and avoid a sub to it.
when they learn people wont pay that much for a channel, they may change
but i doubt it
No choice really, if you have cable you are paying for it if you want to or not.

I'm retired now these packages just mid range are pushing $130+ plus with equipment/HD add ons. This is with no premiums and unreasonable IMO. Even my local cable is only $122 with all premiums. Its not that I can't afford it but for 1/3 the cost with (Vue) streaming I have all the channels I want.

Here is my cable company top tier.
SUPREME
INCLUDES ESSENTIAL, EXPANDED, EXPANDED PLUS & ALL PREMIUM MOVIE CHANNELS $121.95

Reactions: ridersrgr8
dont you mean pay tv in general?
dish and directv are wihtnin a few dollars of one another, really its minimal.
cable? well its usually more

what needs to happen is no more promos to switch, no more credits, ect
just lower all prices to compensate
maybe throw in ala carte
yes it would cost more per channel
but those channels that people dont watch would disappear, freeing up bandwidth
Cable collapsing..people turning to Internet in droves

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

And this is why you will see internet charges skyrocket. They will need to regain that loss in revenue somehow.
Not really..NFL not so popular among millienials..they won't pay..you will see a huge shakeout..much like the recording industry

I don't see how there can't be. Sports programming is still very profitable and I don't see that changing. Just look at the ratings for college football.
Look again..NFL ratings taking a tumble..talking about scrapping Thursday night games

ESPN could cut ties with the NFL, MLB and NBA right now and still survive with college sports. Sure it would not cost nearly as much but they won't be folding up the tent in Bristol anytime soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)