DIRECTV Will Raise Prices Next Month

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
ESPN could cut ties with the NFL, MLB and NBA right now and still survive with college sports. Sure it would not cost nearly as much but they won't be folding up the tent in Bristol anytime soon.
They are in huge trouble..employment wise

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Both "D" and Dish are offering packages that allow for eliminating certain channels. That's as close to ala cart we're likely to see. Unfortunately many of the channels you'd like to eliminate are owned by companies that also run the popular channels you want to keep. Those companies insist that you pay for their entire family or you get nothing. Look and see what companies are owned by Disney. You can thank the FCC for the situation we're in.

No kidding..we were talking nfl ratings I thought..not sure where college came from..sorry for the confusion

College ratings are huge, that is where ESPN is making money. And the NFL numbers will be up once we hit the playoff push. They still have more eyeballs than other programs even with lower ratings.

Both "D" and Dish are offering packages that allow for eliminating certain channels. That's as close to ala cart we're likely to see. Unfortunately many of the channels you'd like to eliminate are owned by companies that also run the popular channels you want to keep. Those companies insist that you pay for their entire family or you get nothing. Look and see what companies are owned by Disney. You can thank the FCC for the situation we're in.
I think Congress has far more to blame due to this situation!...We have 6 players in all of TV and radio now......That wasnt the FCC but the peoples palms that got greased along the way allowing it.

They're already charging me a 3.63 regional sports fee which is a ripoff. I hope it doesn't go up too much in my market.

Too bad we couldn't remove the regional sports channels from the choice package or above to avoid the regional sports fees.

I could see dropping fox sports Detroit from October 1st through the beginning of April. I only watch it for baseball.

Or what about with markets with 2 sports networks. Too bad you couldn't eliminate the one you don't watch

Reactions: pattykay
Getting rid of shopping channels won't ever happen as they pay to be carried. They are money makers for both sides.
Actually, they are usually a negotiation deal, most of those channels are owned by the people that have the Major channels and they are put into the line up because the Major channel will not accept the deal if the small channel (shopping) isn't included.

Too bad we couldn't remove the regional sports channels from the choice package or above to avoid the regional sports fees.

I could see dropping fox sports Detroit from October 1st through the beginning of April. I only watch it for baseball.

Or what about with markets with 2 sports networks. Too bad you couldn't eliminate the one you don't watch
Or too bad they decided the needed to create another fee .... there didn't use to be a fee for RSN's ... someone look and said, Hey, I bet we can charge more for that channel and get away with it.

Or too bad they decided the needed to create another fee .... there didn't use to be a fee for RSN's ... someone look and said, Hey, I bet we can charge more for that channel and get away with it.
To be fair, the separate fee makes some sense. Someone who watches the brewers (fswi) will undoubtedly pay less than someone who watches the Yankees (yes). Different networks have different fees and this allows the person in Milwaukee to not have to subsidize the cost of the Yankees (if it were all averaged out with no separate fee).

To be fair, the separate fee makes some sense. Someone who watches the brewers (fswi) will undoubtedly pay less than someone who watches the Yankees (yes). Different networks have different fees and this allows the person in Milwaukee to not have to subsidize the cost of the Yankees (if it were all averaged out with no separate fee).
Then our bills should be going down, unless your in Yaknees market. And a few others.
it's greed, we have been paying for that RSN all along ...
There was a time when you p aid $5 or $10 bucks for your RSN, it wasn't automatically added to your package ... you at least had a choice.
Now I can imagine that there's a good number of people that don't give a damp about anything to do with sports for example . They still pa that RSN fee evendors though they dont use it.

Reactions: nvguy38
Hmmmmm sounds familiar

Nfl in denial but wait and see..oversaturation is,a huge issue

The Thanksgiving Cowboys game was the highest ever for a Fox regluar season game. So people care about football, the problem is a lot of the games have sucked this year. Give them compelling games and people will watch. I agree that they are over saturating the product. The Thursday games are awful.

The Thanksgiving Cowboys game was the highest ever for a Fox regluar season game. So people care about football, the problem is a lot of the games have sucked this year. Give them compelling games and people will watch. I agree that they are over saturating the product. The Thursday games are awful.
Come on Don, you can't count Thanksgiving day as a Thursday game as far as the Thursday Night games go ...
Everyones gonna watch Thanksgiving day football.

I was surprised when they added the Night game though.

If you look at the Thursday night games outside of Thanksgiving what do you have ...

With the Cowboys playing great so far this year, that also has thier numbers up, with the excitement that Prescott and Elliot are bringing are also rekindling the Boys ratings.

Hows the Thursday night games with teams Other than the Cowboys or Pats.

..talking about weekly Thursday games going away or cut back..not enough compelling football to fill all the slots..turkey day games will always be there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)