DirecTV - Zero Customer Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You guys need to stop arguing with him. All it does is cause this page to rank high if someone was doing a Google search on directv.

You guys need to stop arguing with him. All it does is cause this page to rank high if someone was doing a Google search on directv.
But that brings traffic to SatelliteGuys, which increases page views, which generates revenue for the site !! Further, those visitors might click on some ads too, so again, more revenue !

1. Sales is alot more scripted then the deparments I work in.

Question we ask do you have HDTV?

If you say no and dont say oh I am buying one or what ever we dont know to order HD equipment.

Seems like the customer made alot of assumptions but at the same time I can fully back the sales agent as I dont have the call to listen to so I dont know if there was a failed opportunity to clarify with the with the customer on the initial sales call. Biggest mistake people make is not being confident enough with there choices.

1. Sales is alot more scripted then the deparments I work in.

Question we ask do you have HDTV?

If you say no and dont say oh I am buying one or what ever we dont know to order HD equipment.

Seems like the customer made alot of assumptions but at the same time I can fully back the sales agent as I dont have the call to listen to so I dont know if there was a failed opportunity to clarify with the with the customer on the initial sales call. Biggest mistake people make is not being confident enough with there choices.
I was a CSR many many moons ago..I feel your pain.. I just think if a new customer makes a "mistake" he should be given a week or so to correct it..anything past that he would be SOL

Its the CSR's job to educate the consumer..not the other way around..He should not have to "Investigate" anything ..ordering Directv should be a easy and seamless experience..CSR's usually ASK QUESTIONS and UPSELL the customer . The CSR (legally) needs to advise customer of any contract and duration of such contract. personally I dont understand why existing customer's cant get HD for life..It kinda sounds like a dumbass Charlie move from the OTHER provider
Sorry, But I have to agree.

But, Its also Up to the customer to make sure he has what he needs , Before signing off on the work order.

Thats common sense.

Its the CSR's job to educate the consumer..not the other way around..He should not have to "Investigate" anything

Wow! Are you serious? So you go buy a car and expect the car dealer to tell you all the ins and outs about the car you are getting ready to purchase eh? You want to take their word on reliability, safety, price ........etc? I guess it's these kind of people that warning labels are made for then.

I have zero sympathy for anyone NOT doing their homework and then getting screwed.

Also, just for the record, the above example was just that, an example. Cars and Satellites are not the same.........:D

I was a CSR many many moons ago..I feel your pain.. I just think if a new customer makes a "mistake" he should be given a week or so to correct it..anything past that he would be SOL

He has 14 days after install to correct hardware changes, like opps i really wanted a hddvr or hd receiver but we cant change promotions once the account is activated.

Once u have them hooked....

If a new promotion comes out before he is installed has to be more then 24 hours before install we can switch his promotion. No offense but I did not go back to the jeep dealer and complain ever time jeep changes there new jeep promotions .

It looks like the problem here is two-fold.

The first problem is that he wasnt installed with HD service when he expected to be. If the default from signing up is that you get SD unless you ask for HD and the sales guy never asks if you have an HD tv or want HD, then thats wrong. If the guy ordered HD and got SD, but didnt know because he was moving in and probably had a lot of things going on, and maybe no HD set on the premises...then thats wrong too. If they said "do you want HD?" and he said no, then thats his fault. Doesnt sound like he was asked and said no.

The second problem is fixing the first problem. If he didnt get HD like he wanted and free HD for life was being offered when he signed up (which it sounds like it was), then his rig should have been fixed to have HD, he should have received any promotions that he was eligible for when he signed up. Sounds like none of that happened because of directv policy.

Any time policy ticks off a customer, its a good idea to either change the policy or have an escalation process that has the authority to over-ride it.

Any new promotions should also apply retroactively to new customers within the last 14 or 30 days. Nothing sucks more than signing up a day or a week before a nice promo and getting stiffed because you're not "new enough". Starting a relationship with the customer feeling like they missed out on something isnt a good start.

As far as comparing it with buying a car? If thats the same sort of service bucket that directv wants to be thrown into, thats sad. Car dealers for the most part dont care at all about the relationship or customer satisfaction, just grabbing as much of whats in your wallet as possible...usually while telling the customer whatever they want to hear rather than the truth.

I think I'd look for a better analogy.

It looks like the problem here is two-fold.

The first problem is that he wasnt installed with HD service when he expected to be. If the default from signing up is that you get SD unless you ask for HD and the sales guy never asks if you have an HD tv or want HD, then thats wrong. If the guy ordered HD and got SD, but didnt know because he was moving in and probably had a lot of things going on, and maybe no HD set on the premises...then thats wrong too. If they said "do you want HD?" and he said no, then thats his fault. Doesnt sound like he was asked and said no.

The second problem is fixing the first problem. If he didnt get HD like he wanted and free HD for life was being offered when he signed up (which it sounds like it was), then his rig should have been fixed to have HD, he should have received any promotions that he was eligible for when he signed up. Sounds like none of that happened because of directv policy.

Any time policy ticks off a customer, its a good idea to either change the policy or have an escalation process that has the authority to over-ride it.

Any new promotions should also apply retroactively to new customers within the last 14 or 30 days. Nothing sucks more than signing up a day or a week before a nice promo and getting stiffed because you're not "new enough". Starting a relationship with the customer feeling like they missed out on something isnt a good start.

As far as comparing it with buying a car? If thats the same sort of service bucket that directv wants to be thrown into, thats sad. Car dealers for the most part dont care at all about the relationship or customer satisfaction, just grabbing as much of whats in your wallet as possible...usually while telling the customer whatever they want to hear rather than the truth.

I think I'd look for a better analogy.

If the op was the least was even remotely interested in his issues he would of responded to one of us by now.

I cant change the terms once i sign on the dotted line and dtv very similar. Also most techs i know review the order with the customer before installing as it eaiser for them to call us tell use to cancel his wo and rebuild it.

So for all this to make sense.

Customer had to be so busy with a move he not pay attention to anything. ( which is somewhat believable )

The heavly scripted sales department would of had ot missed 3 different spots in there script where they mention the benefits of hdtv , whole home dvr that again mentions hdtv and dod which mentions hdtv. So for this to work the agent had to miss all of that ( no comment here as cfb is always right in his mind ) Then when the tech came out he did not review what he would be doing which most techs will do. Also customer does not ask about cables, no free extra hdmi , component cables . No questions about hd equipment . He didnt like it he could of called that day and canceled with out a fee. and then simply called back and gotten what he wanted.

Again I cant rule out agent issues as I dont have the call where this customer called in. But it seems more like a staged posting.

If, as I've mentioned before, directv had a 30 day satisfaction guarantee like they used to, this would have been resolved easily because it would have been in directv's best interest to give the customer what he wanted. Directv would have been out ten bucks a month (that they're probably going to stop charging for soon anyhow), the customer would have been happy, and directv would have gotten $70-100 a month from the guy for many years. Instead he's pissed, went with another provider and will probably make directv earn the $480 etf, if they even can collect it.

Regardless of what the customer did or didnt pay attention to, his request for HD service and the promotions he was entitled to when he made the order dont seem that ridiculous, and it seems rather strange that he'd have accepted something he didnt want and then be this upset about it.

This is that whole section of BBB complaints where about half of them resolved "Directv refuses to adjust, relying on terms of agreement". Thats why Directv has an "F" rating.

As far as your 'always right in his mind' comment, I've recommended that you put me on your ignore list if you dont like my constant harping on why directv frequently lets the customer down by having customer unfriendly policies. I'm going to go one step further and put you on my ignore list, since I dont think I've ever seen you post anything that I found useful or interesting, and you'll never understand what the problems are with treating customers poorly. Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

I guess folks didnt read what the OP wrote in regards to ordering

You signed up with Verizon and got their package that included DirecTV and in the list of their channels for this package they list both HD and non-HD channels. No mention of "Standard Receiver" or "HD Receiver", so an assumption is made that its HD that will be installed.

so the OP ordered D* through Verizon. Thats how I read it. I know when I ordered D* I went through Qwest to order (to get a discount) and when I ordered they specifically asked me did I want HD. (MRV wasnt available or was that free beta thing). So maybe the Verizon rep didnt ask those questions. D* can only do so much with what the Telco sends them for the order

I guess if Verizon sends it to D* with no HD how is that D*'s fault?

But honestly the OP should have checked what they had for channels before signing off on the order.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts