Directv10 Satellite Launch Broadcast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually Questioner's post should say, I hope that it is scrubbed." You see as pathetic as he is he can't say what he really feels. I can though, and Q if your out there, did your mama do something bad to you whan you were a little Q?

The weather means nothing. Successful launch to geosync & excellent D10 operation means everything. Lucky & Questioner are just grasping at straws.

In my opinion, the big risk items now are 1) the launch itself (achieving geosync) 2) successful spacecraft separation & control, and 3) array deploy. Spacecraft separation technology is extremely reliable. However, this is a new Payload Adaptor & Separation system for the Breeze M. It will be a long 9 1/3 hours after the launch until spacecraft separation. D* execs will be breathing a lot easier after separation.

That's when I will be breathing easier as well. To me, spacecraft separation is always the monumental event in the launch sequence. I'm looking forward to it. This fall, we will have come a long way from the intro of HDNet on D* December of 2001.

Btw, launch time of just after 7:00 in the morning is generally the least windy time of the day. It will be windier during the day due to heating. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Don

The weather means nothing. Successful launch to geosync & excellent D10 operation means everything. Lucky & Questioner are just grasping at straws.

Believe me, I want it to launch as much as anyone here. I switched from E* two months ago for MLBEI and want more HD badly. I hope the weather is good, and it launches successfully.

When Do They Start?

When do they start broadcasting the signal? The launch is at 7:30, so when does the picture start?

When do they start broadcasting the signal? The launch is at 7:30, so when does the picture start?

I thought the launch was at 9:15 EST on Friday night ....

The broadcast according to the channel guide starts at 8:30 with the Pre- Game Show, or make that the Pre Launch Show !

Jimbo

Everything looks right except in the chat section I am just getting a big grey square.... damn!! And I was gonna give Scobuck a big kiss on the succesful launch!!

I couldn't get in on the webcast until after it was over. Too bad. I wonder if NASA would replay the launch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)