DirecTV2PC Caveats

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
Performance on this product will vary greatly on the following items.

• Local Network Bandwidth (not Internet)
  • Speed and Power of PC (CPU, RAM)
  • Graphics Adapter
  • Simultaneous Running Applications
  • You cannot play a video if you have a PC with 2 monitors. There is a check limit and the video will refuse to play if it senses a second monitor.

System Requirements for Playing HD Programming

Check the minimum system recommendations by running the Advisor application (Download DIRECTV2PC Advisor) to see if your PC is compatible with the DIRECTV2PC application, then download the DIRECTV2PC application.

Operating System
Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows XP
Only supports Windows XP with Service Pack 2
Software
the DIRECTV2PC application
Processor
Dual or quad core processors recommended
System Memory (RAM)
512 MB (minimum), 1 GB or more is recommended
Video RAM
512 MB (minimum) graphics card memory, 1 GB or more is recommended

(note: this is work in progress as I gather more info but wanted to start this based on Charper's suggestion).

Don't forget to add the amount and type of background applications running.

It works on mine but depending on the program it is pretty bad. Old black white stuff like Leave it to Beaver play fine. HD content is not watchable.

Added another caveat.

"You cannot play a video if you have a PC with 2 monitors. There is a check limit and the video will refuse to play if it senses a second monitor."

On my TouchSmart PC I can watch HD fine, however one some things like VOD I get an error message telling me that .. This AUDIO is protected, to play this file upgrade the audio driver on your PC.

(Only issue is there is no audio driver update for my PC)

I have four monitors on my computer. So, the multiple monitor thing needs to be fixed. Sometimes it will act like it's connecting then it will error with "cannot connect to server' and other times it will just say 'cannot be played on multiple monitor systems.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts