Directv2pc help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark0525

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Ohio
I need some help. I installed the program on my fairly new Dell Studio 1737 laptop. Everything opens up fine. I'm able to see my playlist and shows recorded. When I go to play them I get the message:

"Directv can not connect to the receiver. The protected content can not be played back at this time."

I called Directv and basically was worthless. They said my video driver needs undated. So I went on to Dell's site and downloaded the lastest driver and installed it. Rebooted and went back into the program and still the same message. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I got it to work. I went on to Directv's site and read up on it. I had to go into my Media Player and allow me to share the media. It was a simple fix not sure why when I called Direct that they couldn't tell me to do that. It was much easier to do that then just to say it was my video card.

DirecTV won't support D2PC as it is a beta offering.

Try rebooting your receiver and make sure it has a network connection in the system info screens.

I got it to work. I went on to Directv's site and read up on it. I had to go into my Media Player and allow me to share the media. It was a simple fix not sure why when I called Direct that they couldn't tell me to do that. It was much easier to do that then just to say it was my video card.

Odd, sharing media from the PC would enable media share on the receiver, not the other way. Sometimes D2PC just needs some time / reboot.

Thanks, everything seems fine. Not the best quality playback though. seems on some shows the audio is behind the video or maybe the other way.

wait, which way are you watching? viewing the show on the pc or viewing it on your Tv? i do it both ways and it works fine with a good wired conenction, but can be pixelated or have lags when viewing wirelessly.

media share allows you to watch on your TV videos that you have stored on your PC. DTV2PC allows you to watch on your PC recorded shows that are stored on your DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)