DirecTV's HD 100: The List Grows

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All premiums and PPV channels (including RSNs and sports game channels) are considered part of the count by DirecTV.
That still only adds up to 83 channels (including 21 RSN, 14 NFL, 8 premium movie, 1 PPV AND 4 2008 channels).

I'm only commenting on this because my daughter bought into the D* hyperbole and signed up for HD. I had to repeak the AU9 dish after a rather sh!tty install - 0 ss on 7 TP's on sat 103, the other sats ss were in the low 70's. I will have to relocate the dish to a pole mount later. It is currently mounted on a railing on the deck.:mad: I've been trying to explain to her that she will not have 100 channels of HD by the end of the year.:(

Last edited:
Also, I've heard (but I can't remember where) that D* will increase the HD PPV channel count to 4.

And another question. What about other sports packages like NHL Center Ice?

This is why they (and I do as well) count the RSNs as part of the count. With all the RSNs in HD available nationaly that means that those with Center Ice will get a LOT more HD games since a package like CI opens up the games on the RSNs, thus the HD versions (if available) as well.

People who don't like sports can argue they shouldn't count but sports is the #1 reason to get DirecTV so they count.

Now counting the Sunday Ticket channels is a big bogus but again, 30 channels in HD make me happy. If they have 80 plus the Sunday Ticket channels I don't think I'll be busting their chops much. ;)

I would be happy with about 40 National HD channels.

So let me get this straight when I sit down on a Sunday and I see 12 channels of NFL Sunday ticket in HD ,they really arent there? Its really no channels in HD?

Seriously, to the people who said you cant count Sunday Ticket and blah blah blah.

I get my wings, couple a drinks sit down in front of the 50" Sony and I hit guide and it says that the game between lets say Oakland and KC is on in HD and Im in Boston, I then have to say to myself, self, that channel really isnt a national channel and its not in HD. I think you guys bumped your head

I think you can count on them to be HD national channels from 1pm to 7pm every sunday (6 hrs)... during NFL season but what happens to when they are off... and is off season; hey become non-hd channels.... This is why people do not count them as National HD channels. They are not 24/7 channels.

They are not counting them because that is a special package and not part of the regular channels.

I get my wings, couple a drinks sit down in front of the 50" Sony and I hit guide and it says that the game between lets say Oakland and KC is on in HD and Im in Boston, I then have to say to myself, self, that channel really isnt a national channel and its not in HD. I think you guys bumped your head
If CBS does 6 HD games per week, Raiders/Chiefs will be in SD. :D

*only* 83. I think I'll take it. ;)
You get to 83 only with a huge "fudge factor". You have to include all RSN's, all premiums AND channels to be launched in 2008. This does not match D*'s publicly promised 100 National HD channels by the end of 2007.

You get to 83 only with a huge "fudge factor". You have to include all RSN's, all premiums AND channels to be launched in 2008. This does not match D*'s publicly promised 100 National HD channels by the end of 2007.

So who cares. You just knew that if they didn't get to 100 that someone would complain. "Come on D*, you only gave be 83 channels, you suck! I'm going to Dish/cable". Puhlease. ;) :D

ummm...who cares?? Are you a D* sub?? I am, and I am not busy counting and doing the "this counts and this doesn't". Really guys, what D* gets lit up is what they get lit up. You guys sound like my 6 year old..."But Daddy said we could go to the............" Let them do their thing, if you like it, get it, if not don't. I don't understand what everyones panties are in a bunch for. It certainly isn't the D* subs that have all of these childish questions.

I think you can count on them to be HD national channels from 1pm to 7pm every sunday (6 hrs)... during NFL season but what happens to when they are off... and is off season; hey become non-hd channels.... This is why people do not count them as National HD channels. They are not 24/7 channels.

What's better? ST channels that have live items occasionally, or Voom / Mojo that repeat the same junk endlessly.

Discuss... :)

You would get them nationally if you subscribe to a sports pack like MLB or NHL.

No, not really.... I sub to them and ONLY get my area, unless your refering to the garbage before and after games, like poker, badmitten and horseshoe tossing....

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)