DirecTV's HD 100: The List Grows

Status
Please reply by conversation.
End of August. Highly unlikely. There could be something squeek through but the satellite is still not in geosynchronous orbit yet...

Lyngsat website says D10 is in geosynchronous orbit at 108.8 deg as of today. I would be that they meet their estimate of going live by September 15.

Relax and enjoy the summer!

This is why they (and I do as well) count the RSNs as part of the count. With all the RSNs in HD available nationaly that means that those with Center Ice will get a LOT more HD games since a package like CI opens up the games on the RSNs, thus the HD versions (if available) as well.......
Riiiight ... for the sake of Gary Bettman I hope so. If not, I am personally driving to Toronto to shove my middle finger up his nose. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to all the channels that were on that initial list from D*, I think is was PR, but there are like 20 networks from there that are not even on that list, not are there braodcast/uplinks in place for them.

That would be interesting considering their FCC license for D10 states that they will "go live" on or about September 15th. If true, that would be cool, but you might not want to buy stock from this advisor. Next thing you know, they might try to sell you some ocean front land in Arizona.

I'm confused, did he say that hose supposed 08/17 go-lives were coming from DirecTV 10? I don't think he said that?

Ahhh, someone read the post a little more closely than I. :D Good point...how much bandwidth/TP space is there up there to launch any of these new channels? If we are talking about using existing service sats, realistically how many channels could be added?

I talked with customer retention this afternoon and they claim that some of these channels listed will be live this Friday August 17th. Anyone heard this yet?

Was told the same thing, only they said it would be the 15th through 17th that the initial stations would be phased in for the new HD stations. Of course, I was talking about returning to D* after having gone to E* and then cable, so I know better than to put a lot of stock in what they say. :) (Left them in the 1st place because they didn't have any locals and am in top 50 market.) Way I left it was for them to call me back when the 1st stations were lit up and would schedule install then.

Scott should start a count down clock on Aug 15 on the main page.

That might not be the wisest thing to do right now. Until there is confirmation on ANY new HD offerings around the 15th-17th, it is just more wild speculation. If it happens that early, then great...Happy Birthday!! :D If it were to not happen, then there would some people who would come out and say " look, here is one more promise that D* has broken/failed to deliver".

CSR misinformation and idiocy to the max. The only thing that could be launched might be some more HD Locals in new markets or an expansion of current markets (adding CW, etc)

Besides the fact that they almost always launch new channels on a Tuesday...

That would be interesting considering their FCC license for D10 states that they will "go live" on or about September 15th. If true, that would be cool, but you might not want to buy stock from this advisor. Next thing you know, they might try to sell you some ocean front land in Arizona.

They may already have the needed permission from the FCC. I noticed on the FCC website the FCC gave DIRECTV Special Temporary Authority for 60 days from July 31st thru Sept. 28th. There is no detail that I am able to find, I just found the information interesting.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-275677A1.txt

Here are the blurbs from the document.:hungry:

Points of Communication:
E070122SES-STA-20070625-00861 E
Date Effective: 07/31/2007
Class of Station:
Grant of Authority
Special Temporary Authority
DIRECTV Enterprises, LLC
Special Temporary Authority is GRANTED for a period of 60 days beginning July 31, 2007 and ending September 28, 2007.
Points of Communication:
E070123SES-STA-20070625-00862 E
Date Effective: 07/31/2007
Class of Station:
Grant of Authority
Special Temporary Authority
DIRECTV Enterprises, LLC

Special Temporary Authority is GRANTED for a period of 60 days beginning July 31, 2007 and ending September 28, 2007.

Was kinda saying that without saying that :p

But this is one that I would have to agree (in a very small part) with Vurbano. If someone posts that info without an actual PR from D*, then nothing comes of it, all of a sudden D* is evil for not delivering a product.

The fact that they never officially said they were going to deliver the product gets lost in the argument. :rolleyes:

But they said that he said that the CSR on Thursday said that they were going to maybe on Wednesday say that they were going to. Another broken promise from D*!

I'm reading that it isn't parked in the testing location yet. Nothing is ahead of schedule in fact I'm a little concerned that it is taking this long. They asked for permission to move testing up to last Friday in anticipation of it being "parked".

Status
Please reply by conversation.