DirecTV's HD 100: The List Grows

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If people keep talking about D* charging more for the hd they will go up,but if they do I will just cut mine off. wmj5

The reason I mention the MLB channels is that if D* is counting the NFL-ST in their 100 count, they will count the 15 MLB channels too. It will make their marketing 100 channels much easier to acheive. That has been the consensus from their earnings calls, that they will count all channels/feeds, including sports packages.

By the time MLB rolls around for 2008 (April of 2008) there should be well over 100 HD channels.

You guys would be happy giving D* an extra $120 per year to view more HD ?Jimbo
As of right now NO!! Because they don't have any. If they light up 100 National HD ,Yes. But if 50 of them are RSN's 25 NFL then NO!!! I won't even upgrade my service back untill I see at least 75 HD channels not including RSN's.My contract with Dish is up in December 2008. By then Directv should have ALL including my local HD channels they have been claimming for years. If not O' well.Dish is clamming to have 2 more Satellites by then .

Last edited:
I think D* will keep the $10 package, even in Feb/Mar when the annual price changes happen. It is half of E* charge, and is competitive with most cable companies.

With their increase in capacity and channels, and a competitive price, this will give them an edge.

If this happens, I could see E* lowering their HD charge by mid 2008.

Just switched from Dish to DirecTV today... The installer said end of August for 15 more HD channels. Without having read 10 pages of this thread, does that jibe with what everyone else has heard as well?

End of August. Highly unlikely. There could be something squeek through but the satellite is still not in geosynchronous orbit yet and has a lot of testing before it is handed to Directv for their testing and consumer use. If everything goes well begin of September is more likely. But then, they are probably going to stick to a marketing plan and shoot for a specific day with some before on hand over. So I wouldnt count on anything in August. If it happens, then we can all be happy but I would not necessarily take a CSR or installers word. They dont always see the big picture.

If they add all those channels and try to charge more for the HD package (i know all info we have says they wont...) You think they might create a package of only HD where we can drop the SD channels completely?

If they add all those channels and try to charge more for the HD package (i know all info we have says they wont...) You think they might create a package of only HD where we can drop the SD channels completely?

Now that is something I can buy in to. :up:eureka:D

But that unfortunately also sounds like a la carte, and from what I have heard/read, most distributors (DBS, Cable, etc) have repeatedly said they can't/won't do a la carte because the networks won't approve of it.

All I want is HD package, HBO, locals and Comedy Central. And if I cant pull out Comedy Central, I can get it via Xbox 360 downloads so no biggie. I would love to tank the SD crap. Why do I want bad TV coupled with bad picture?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)