DirecTV's HD 100: The List Grows

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I see 53 full time channels.73 if you count rsns ,I hope there 27 NFL channels in HD then. Thats the only way I see 100.Baseball will be over ,so they can't really count them.

Projected: DirecTV HD list - DBSTalk.Com
I got 59 counting the current channels and counting everything announced through Spring 2008.

I didn't count HD LiL since not everybody get those. I didn't count RSNs either although I won't argue with D* for counting those.

However, Scobuck eluded to in another post somewhere that there are channels that will be launched that D* has on purpose not announced. For what reason I have no idea.

I got 59 counting the current channels and counting everything announced through Spring 2008.

I didn't count HD LiL since not everybody get those. I didn't count RSNs either although I won't argue with D* for counting those.

However, Scobuck eluded to in another post somewhere that there are channels that will be launched that D* has on purpose not announced. For what reason I have no idea.
I only counted whats was being launched this year. Since thats what most of the hype is about.

Hi all,
I just joined the forum and really enjoy it. I'm switching from cable to DirecTV in order to ensure getting the Big 10 network and I'm wondering if they have FSN Midwest in HD? I didn't see it in the list.

Hi all,
I just joined the forum and really enjoy it. I'm switching from cable to DirecTV in order to ensure getting the Big 10 network and I'm wondering if they have FSN Midwest in HD? I didn't see it in the list.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us! Check here to see what your local rsn is. It will show if it is available in hd. Local Regional Sports Network Information If it's not there yet, it may be soon with the new hd channels launching next month.

I didn't count RSNs either although I won't argue with D* for counting those.

Edit: Nevermind - You said "won't" - I misread that. I'll leave my logic though so its captured for posterity :)
Why would you argue with including the RSNs? When the new sat goes live, the RSNs go national. Once the RSNs are national you can get them via the Sports Pack - no different than HBO or Showtime.

While the pro and major college games won't be in HD without the corresponding "package" - the replays and some studio shows and lesser teams will be in HD. This is significant to me - maybe not to you. But call it what it is - a channel.

Chris

Last edited:
I see 53 full time channels.73 if you count rsns ,I hope there 27 NFL channels in HD then. Thats the only way I see 100.Baseball will be over ,so they can't really count them.

Projected: DirecTV HD list - DBSTalk.Com

LOL so they really cant count them? Oh Ok well tell you what..when you own your satellite company you can decide what you want to count and what you dont want to count.

Who are you to tell them what they can and cant count?

This site is full of people saying they can count this but they cant count that blah blah blah.

D* is about to unleash a wave of HD channels. In their eyes its 100 channels. If you disagree with em or feel lied to or cheated sue 'em.

Its funny because you would think that if D* made a statement about 100 channels and they deliver only 50 of them, that it would be the D* subs that would be all cry baby about it.

The irony here is that it seems to be everyone but D* subs that are whining over the actual number of HD channels.

I am a Directv subscriber. No one is complaining either. Some of yous take this stuff to personal. Lighten up.! The fact is Directv has always said "they plain on Having". Well lets get a count and see what they got so far. Thats my intent. To many people turn a harmless chat into something offensive. I want them to have 100, but IMO it doesn't look like they are going to make their goal. Its too bad if they don't,but D* might want to lower their goal,a little bit. Then people won't be there waiting to say I told you so. I'd rather hear "WE ARE going to have 50 HD channels by the December 31."" not we will have UP TOO 100 by the end of 2007. Up too could be 10. and your right thats why they get sued.

Local Channels?

Does the launch of this satellite mean that a lot of the gaps in providing local channels will be filled in?

I live in the Beaumont area of Texas.

Thank you.

WOW, you aren't in the Houston DMA; only 80 some odd miles away? Likely yes, the new sats and after some initial nation HD push, you would expect LiL to ease back into play.

I think the LIL expansion will largely wait for the next satellite launch in December. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes but I think D10 is still going to supply HD LIL too. But you are right, Directv has said you wont see the lion share of HD LIL until D11 is in place.

Being in DMA #100, I am not holding my breath for anything before next summer. That's why I have an ant that can draw signals in from Charleston (<20 miles), Myrtle Beach (65 Miles), Savannah (75 Miles) , and Columbia (about 90 Miles). :D

Being in DMA #100, I am not holding my breath for anything before next summer. That's why I have an ant that can draw signals in from Charleston (<20 miles), Myrtle Beach (65 Miles), Savannah (75 Miles) , and Columbia (about 90 Miles). :D

You are very fortunate. I would have to run 1500 feet of line to a hilltop to get my "locals." I do get NY DNS right now, however.

Im actually glad my move is from Goose Creek to Norfolk (#42) instead of some nowhere that would force me into Cable.

I checked cable in Norfolk and its Cox. HD selection is OK, but they have the sucky moto dvr.

E* is great, but Im not expecting them to add any locals any time soon.

So it looks like Ill be counting on D* to the Norfolk locals up by Jan 08.

I will say that the Charleston locals have been highly reliable the 1.5 yrs ive been here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts