DirecTV's Plans for 2006/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It would be cool if you can use your remote to control the camera angle on a game you are watching, For example , if you are watching a football game on Fox , you are watching what they want you to see. But if you can control what camara man 3 is watching instead of what camera man fox wants you to see(another angle not viewed by Fox ) now that would be cool.;)

stevo/65 said:
Yep , that is what i thought. You no read no good no?:rolleyes: i have moved on but still putting in satellites for a company that pays good and is not an HSP (still looking out for my fellow techs) Oh before i forget was it voom that did your wall fishes for free (like you said)? Or did you do it yourself like you also said :eek: Which one is it:rolleyes:

1. Please quote from the document, I missed it.

2. Voom did a number of cable runs for free for all new customers. I already had my cable runs long before I got voom. And Yes I did some of them myself.

Last edited:
So changing gears just a bit I wish we knew when a release date was projected for the Media server product because that is the real product I want!!

D* should offer it where if you only want to have them for the football season, you would have to pay for the equipment and the installation. That way they wouldn't loose money.

directvfreak said:
D* should offer it where if you only want to have them for the football season, you would have to pay for the equipment and the installation. That way they wouldn't loose money.

BALONEY,

CONSUMERS SHOULD ONLY HAVE TO BUY/LEASE THEIR TV'S - DVD RECORDERS / VCR'S / SOUND SYTEMS.................

BECAUSE

THOSE LISTED ABOVE CAN BE USED FOR ANY TV SERVICE

(OTA / USDTV / DIRECTV / DISH NETWORK / CBAND / CABLE / FIOS / ETC )

SO ANY ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO USE A PAY SERVICE SHOULD BE PROVIDED FREE TO EACH CONSUMER.. AND THE COST BE FIGURED DIRECTLY INTO THE MONTHLY FEE (NO SEPERATE BILLING / NO LEASE / NO BUYING / ETC) BECAUSE WE ARE BUYING A SERVICE, HENCE IT SHOULD BE INCLI=UDED IN SERVICE PRICE, NOT SEPERATE

Choice of camera angles

stevo/65 said:
It would be cool if you can use your remote to control the camera angle on a game you are watching, For example , if you are watching a football game on Fox , you are watching what they want you to see. But if you can control what camara man 3 is watching instead of what camera man fox wants you to see(another angle not viewed by Fox ) now that would be cool.;)

I believe Sky Sports has this already in the UK.

ramcm7 said:
I believe Sky Sports has this already in the UK.
Interesting to see when it will be in the usa and who will be the first to offer the service. My guess, is one of the FIOS.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the latest is on D* plans for VOD Broadband service and Broadband Video service. It is detailed in page 40, and page 58.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)