DirecTV's Plans for 2006/2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
D2daizon said:
I was a contract installer for D* systems a few years back. I still have friends that are doing it on the side. D* is really screwing private contractors. They are back charging the the companies that provide those nifty sunday morning paper adds. As much as $100 for "customer education" or in english "grandma doesn't/forgot how to use the DVR" So then the sales company will backcharge the contractor. So if the tech got paid $90 for a 2 box install he could pay back $100! $10 more then he got paid. Time and materials lost! thats alot of money D* might as well hold a gun to their head.:confused: I don't know how they have managed to get this past the lawyers but its happening. The HSP will come out and fix it and won't even say what they fixed. There is a little more too it then this but basically D* is tryng to get rid of the contractor hacks that leave lines just hanging and what not. But it's really dancing on the backs of the brused to get there. And with no accountability or recourse; D* is giving itself alot of power over the independent contractors paychecks.
Sad but VERY TRUE

Is this thread about D*s plans for the future or just griping about what installers have to go through? Maybe this should be moved to a seperate thread--has nothing to do with D*s future plans. Misleading & a waste of time reading all these damn posts & getting no info about the future of D*. Come on!

Baldone said:
Is this thread about D*s plans for the future or just griping about what installers have to go through? Maybe this should be moved to a seperate thread--has nothing to do with D*s future plans. Misleading & a waste of time reading all these damn posts & getting no info about the future of D*. Come on!
So true.

Baldone said:
Read the PDF, all the future plans are in the the PDF. All other post are just comments about the plans that was in the PDF. If there was something new i am sure another thread would be posted on that subject. But for right now all the latest plans are in the PDF.

Baldone said:
If you are a tech, you would be concerned..If you are not a tech, I have a question for you.. If all the god techs leave the business, who is going to take care of install service?...
No one is "griping"..This is real world stuff we techs are dealing with..If you don't care that's fine.......But just remember your "how to" section of the users guide when you need something done to troubleshoot your system....

I would suggest forming a support group rather than littering the thread with off topic bologna. This thread was supposed to be about D*'s plans. Not a technician bitch section.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
I would suggest forming a support group rather than littering the thread with off topic bologna. This thread was supposed to be about D*'s plans. Not a technician bitch section.
Part of the plans effect the technicians and not in favor of the tech. So tecs have every right to voice thier opinion. If you dont like it , then dont read this thread. You already have the PDF info. So you are aware of future plans anyway.

Baldone said:
Agreed. Its ridiculous.

this all sounds great. but there is one thing...i think that people are thinking that the new slimline is going to be much smaller then it really is. I just watched a video on whats to come in the year and saw the dish with someone behind it and it wasnt much smaller. and this is a real quote . by the directv host " the slimline has a smaller apparence due to the more obloged more rounder shape."

now this brings up a new question. i think im getted ripped off. i work for a hsp and i get 45 12.5per i can charge custom labor and for wall fishes. i can also charge for specail mounts but the hsp is making money off my labor so i dont. im doing 5-6 jobs a day and have a hard time clearing 800 something is seriously wrong here.

runvs said:
this all sounds great. but there is one thing...i think that people are thinking that the new slimline is going to be much smaller then it really is. I just watched a video on whats to come in the year and saw the dish with someone behind it and it wasnt much smaller. and this is a real quote . by the directv host " the slimline has a smaller apparence due to the more obloged more rounder shape."

I don't think anyone ever thought it would be much "smaller", but that it would have a "lower profile" (aka not as tall) but wider to maintain gain.

runvs said:
now this brings up a new question. i think im getted ripped off. i work for a hsp and i get 45 12.5per i can charge custom labor and for wall fishes. i can also charge for specail mounts but the hsp is making money off my labor so i dont. im doing 5-6 jobs a day and have a hard time clearing 800 something is seriously wrong here.

Off topic. Go make a new thread. What is the deal with you installers? This has nothing to do with D*'s plans. :rolleyes:

vurbano said:
Off topic. Go make a new thread. What is the deal with you installers? This has nothing to do with D*'s plans. :rolleyes:
It has alot to do with D* plans. Can you read?

stevo/65 said:
It has alot to do with D* plans. Can you read?

yes I can, and after quickly reviewing the 104 page document I see nothing in it about installer pay rates. His problem is the install company he works for, it has to be, just look at the ridiculous prices dishcomm charges for his work. For petes sake if your paid to little go find another job :rolleyes: You installers need to start a complaint thread to bitch in.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
yes I can, and after quickly reviewing the 104 page document I see nothing in it about installer pay rates. His problem is the install company he works for, it has to be, just look at the ridiculous prices dishcomm charges for his work. For petes sake if your paid to little go find another job :rolleyes: You installers need to start a complaint thread to bitch in.
Yep , that is what i thought. You no read no good no?:rolleyes: i have moved on but still putting in satellites for a company that pays good and is not an HSP (still looking out for my fellow techs) Oh before i forget was it voom that did your wall fishes for free (like you said)? Or did you do it yourself like you also said :eek: Which one is it:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)