DirecTV's site sucks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Kettering, Ohio
Trying to price out a system with 2 HD-DVRs and 2 HD receivers. Any idea what I'd be looking at for up front costs? If not sure, any places besides D*'s website that can give me that? I really don't feel like calling any dealers, would rather check it out online.

BTW, I'd be looking at ordering the premiere package most likely.

Thanks.

The site works just fine and is very well done. Not sure why its so hard, or what exactly you might be looking for that isn't listed, BUT it took me all of 50 secs to get you this quote based on the town you listed in your profile and on the current promo offer. ENJOY

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 250
When I type in my zip code then choose my county (makes me choose the county afterwards) it just and spins with the processing image on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

This is crazy... I've tried 4 different PCs now, 2 different internet connections and I still can't get through their application. I even tried the zip code used above, which isn't the same as mine.

Thanks for the screen shot, however.

Another question... what is the monthly cost of the premiere package after the 4 months of the sunday ticket deal?

If you can believe it, the site is way better than it used to be and beats any of the cable or satellite providers I have looked at / used.

We are moving soon and was looking at where we are most likely moving to (near where the daughter and son-in-law are :) ), the system choked on the zip there a few times. The zip I was using has 2 counties as an option, so when I picked either, it went into a fatal spin-out, and never recovered. The way I got around it was to pick a zip close to it that was all within one county and it worked. I emailed D* about it, but they may have uncovered more issues with the code and it is taking longer to fix it than I think it should. (I was wanting to see what RSN(s) I will be getting when we move, a pretty simple thing, I had thought.)

Send an email to D* and tell them of your problem so maybe they will commit more
resources into getting the situation resolved.

BTW, I may not be particularly a cheerleader of the CSRs at D*, but the programming and offerings are the best I could find.

Not specifically related to this D* issue, but I have had issues when ordering stuff to be delivered via UPS to my father's house or office. His zip code covers portions of three counties. And no one "on the ground" has any problems figuring out where he is. But the online portion of UPS Tracking has fits with it. Normally have to either ship via FedEX or just call UPS and walk them through it. And their site has been like that for about 6-7 years.

It may just be easier to call and speak to a salesperson and walk through it using the screen shot shown several posts above as your reference.

Good luck!

Not specifically related to this D* issue, but I have had issues when ordering stuff to be delivered via UPS to my father's house or office. His zip code covers portions of three counties. And no one "on the ground" has any problems figuring out where he is. But the online portion of UPS Tracking has fits with it. Normally have to either ship via FedEX or just call UPS and walk them through it. And their site has been like that for about 6-7 years.

It may just be easier to call and speak to a salesperson and walk through it using the screen shot shown several posts above as your reference.

Good luck!

I agree; call directly and use the online quote as the reference point of maximum cost.

Trying to price out a system with 2 HD-DVRs and 2 HD receivers. Any idea what I'd be looking at for up front costs? If not sure, any places besides D*'s website that can give me that? I really don't feel like calling any dealers, would rather check it out online.

BTW, I'd be looking at ordering the premiere package most likely.

Thanks.

You could use PLasma concepts or weaknees right on the supporting advertising link.

I just check Weaknees and they have new sub thing for an HDDVR for a $1.

I think a new customer is likely to get a better deal a any of the advertisers websites than on the D* one.

I think the website has improved leaps and bounds and gives a good breakdown on cost and such, especially the remote recording feature!

Unless weaknees or plasma concepts can do significantly better than what they have on their web sites then D*'s phone lines seem to be the best way to go. I think they have more of an option to deal on D* programming and equipment than the dealers do.

When I type in my zip code then choose my county (makes me choose the county afterwards) it just and spins with the processing image on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

This is crazy... I've tried 4 different PCs now, 2 different internet connections and I still can't get through their application. I even tried the zip code used above, which isn't the same as mine.

Thanks for the screen shot, however.

I have experienced this issue and found a couple workarounds. When the image keeps spinning, refresh your browser and then click on "Change" in the upper right hand corner just above the package listings (next to the zip code you entered). It’s just below the heading and right after your zip code.

"Order Now 1-888-777-2454 -------------------------------------------------Zip Code: 12345 change"

The other thing that works sometimes is to hold the control key when you click on your selections. I believe it is either a pop up blocker or Anti-Virus software causing this to happen. Ironically, I actually have to use this procedure to edit my posts on this forum. Otherwise I get the spinning image forever.

I've had the website problem as well... for some reason when I'm on certain ISPs it just doesn't work. When it is working though, it's leaps and bounds ahead of Comcast's site!

Well for the hell of it I went through weaknees and it was 200 dollars plus the nfl sunday ticked deal for 2 HDDVRS and 2 standards.

That is the same deal I can get through D* themselves, but I can get another $144 in programming credits to offset the $100 to get the AM21s for my HR21s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts