Disassembled PrimeStar LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

soonersat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
Norman Oklahoma
My disassembled PrimeStar LNB shows the number 965171345 stamped inbetween the V and H Outputs. Q.- Can I simply output these two into a 3 by 4 switch, ( or similiar), and input that to the receiver for FTA? I'm trying to be cheap... suggestions?.. thanks..

Iceberg,
A Primstar dish w/the lnb will work on the FTA?????
Norman

PS Is that your REAL picture?

yes the Primestar LNB will work. Its KU band so it will work. There is a few of us that use Primestar dishes for FTA. There are 2 models of the LNB
-single output
-"dual" output but each output wasx one polarity. So if you hooked it to one output, it was H polarity and the other was V

I like these 2 output ones because I can use a multiswitch to run more than 1 receiver off of it or I can put high frequency splitters on the outputs and run multiple receivers off one polarity.

Can someone use legacy lnbf's with the multi-switches (some that were used on DirecTv - the 4 ways and 8 ways) to do the same thing as you described Iceberg - to run the outputs into the multiswitch and use high frequency splitters to run multiple receivers? Or can this not be done due to the circular polarization? I just acquired a number of new 4 way and 8 way switches (some require power adapters that I also have) and trying to figure out what these can be used for. I thought about either selling them or maybe try to sell some FTA systems and use them for those.

yes you can. I have put 2x4 (3x4) multiswitches on Legacy LNB's to give me 4 outputs (use to do that when I subscribed to Dish)....

circular polarity is the same setup as V/H polarity

R=V
L=H

Legacy Duals work great with 3x4, 3x8 etc DirecTv multisiwtches. You just need to hook both lines from the LNB to the multiswitch

I knew that you could hookup both lines from a dual lnbf to the switch to get four outputs but was curious about the splitters afterwards. I saw a good while back when Primestar was still around how they just used a splitter on each wire of the dual coming from the Primestar lnbf to feed a second receiver.

Stargazer said:
I knew that you could hookup both lines from a dual lnbf to the switch to get four outputs but was curious about the splitters afterwards. I saw a good while back when Primestar was still around how they just used a splitter on each wire of the dual coming from the Primestar lnbf to feed a second receiver.

The splitters are just standard satellite splitters, one leg passes power. There was some even used up to a four way.

Tron said:
Splitters work perfectly if you are not changing polarity, or have two LNBs each dedicated to one polarity.

with separate H/V on the lnb, using the spiltters is easy to do. The main receiver always passed power to the lnb.

yep. Those 2 ouput (each same polarity) Primestar LNB's work great with high frequency splitters...no need to goof up polarity

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts