DISCOVERED One Button Shortcut to the Recordings list !!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
After coming from Dish almost 3 years ago. I was always frustrated by the awkward multi button commands needed to pull up the list.

I came upon a kludge(y) solution. Pull up the Recordings list in the normal way, then press the "EXIT" key.

Now every time you press the "Left Arrow" button you will display your recordings list.

This works for any menu function you want immediate one button access to. Once you get to the Menu function you want, "EXIT" out of it and a Left arrow key press will put you back to the last Function you "EXIT"ed out of.

I'm not sure if this works with all DirecTV receivers but it works with my Genie HR34.

John

That only works when you just came from the place you want to go to. The left arrow in some cases is like a web browser Back button. Go to the guide and out and your left button is now going to take you back to the guide, not the recording list.

Tony,

Once I get the "Left" arrow to pull up the Recordings list, I did pull up the Guide and exit out and when I press the Left Arrow button still pulls up the Recordings list.

John

On Genie the left arrow replicates the BACK button, which will just take you to the previous place you were in the interface, such as recording list, DVR menu, guide, etc.

Tony, Once I get the "Left" arrow to pull up the Recordings list, I did pull up the Guide and exit out and when I press the Left Arrow button still pulls up the Recordings list. John

Not for me. Never for me. Always goes back to the previous screen. Unless the left arrow is used to change selection.

If you do multiple ones, maybe if it doesn't change to a move left during it all.

When I press the 'list' button it brings up the list of recordings with one push of the button....

yeah the left arrow just goes back to the last thing you did.

Unfortunately there is no "quick shortcut" to see what you have set to record (that works every time) ;)

^^^^List has always been a 1 click move to see my recordings.

Yes, I also use the LIST button for one-touch access to my recording. Unless he has a crappy HR34 and needs to check the "To do" list and it referring to that. The three things that Dish receivers do that I wish the Genie did are: 1. Auto-tune on DVRs. (WHY WHY WHY don't we have this simple, basic feature???) 2. Pressing the Guide twice to change the favorites list. The cumbersome way you have to change them now is almost not worth having them. 3. Guide customization. My parents have their HD TV on the guide that shows more time while in the small TV in the other room on the 90-minute guide. That is the perfect solution.

Reactions: SamR1010
What has having an HR34 got to do with checking the to do list? I probably haven't checked the to do list for the last year. Never misses a recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts