Discovery Channels still there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Well its past the 6 month deadline and the Dicovery channels are still there. This is good news, Discovery has to value us as worth it to allow SRL to keep suppling without the core channels that pizza and cable need to sell the high tier mux.. Another achievement for C band. We truly are a special group not swayed by the masses or need to follow by their rules. :)

I'm proud to be a C band owner and subscriber :first:

WooHoo!
Oh wait!
What about the Denver Networks?? What about Spike?? What about USA, TNT, TBS?? And HBO & Showtime? What about PPV?? What about HD?? HD would be sooo awesome on H2H. I would definitely get HD.

WooHoo!
Oh wait!
What about the Denver Networks?? What about Spike?? What about USA, TNT, TBS?? And HBO & Showtime? What about PPV?? What about HD?? HD would be sooo awesome on H2H. I would definitely get HD.

Things are what they are, we need to be happy as is. If you need a lot of fluff and filler channels move right along over to pizza or cable. It will be quite an experience I guarantee it.

We totally agree with NotTy

The Denver networks was touted as "Hugh" and what what about the rest. Have noticed that SRL and Skyvision remain silent and won't address it. Be open, and honest, WHAT'S THE STORY!

Read some of the old posts in the forum. If you look you will see that the budget took a big hit with Motorola doing an unexpected price increase. Which SRL and Skyvision ate and did not pass on to the subscriber. That put a monkey wrench in the works for the RM- 8 for this year.

With the Conversion from Moto to H2H, the Denver Networks was touted as the Number 1 priority, "It was Hugh". Now no mention. SRL and SRL need to step forward, Provide "REAL" customer service. BE Staright forward, tell the truth, "We are THEIR customers. not "Sources inside have told me". This is an Adult community, we can handle the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk fscts and numbers, They might get a real surpise. We all know change is constant
There ought to be a a regular forum for this, and no 6 months "evading" comments. Let's be real otherwise 4DTV cuatomer service is nothing more that Pizza Dish--This is waht you get. STAND UP! Right now, MIke Kohl is intested in the "Success or failure of Manhattan" He is a true sales man and business owner, Zimmy is avoiding facts, from what we can tell. BE UP FRONT, LET's Talk and on a regular basis!

With the Conversion from Moto to H2H, the Denver Networks was touted as the Number 1 priority, "It was Hugh". Now no mention. SRL and SRL need to step forward, Provide "REAL" customer service. BE Staright forward, tell the truth, "We are THEIR customers. not "Sources inside have told me". This is an Adult community, we can handle the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk fscts and numbers, They might get a real surpise. We all know change is constant
There ought to be a a regular forum for this, and no 6 months "evading" comments. Let's be real otherwise 4DTV cuatomer service is nothing more that Pizza Dish--This is waht you get. STAND UP! Right now, MIke Kohl is intested in the "Success or failure of Manhattan" He is a true sales man and business owner, Zimmy is avoiding facts, from what we can tell. BE UP FRONT, LET's Talk and on a regular basis!

Why don't you write your concerns to SRL in an e-mail and see what they say. You can even e-mail Tim if you want. Or call on the phone and ask for Tim. I'm sure he will talk with you. I have spoken with him quite a few times. Mike Kohl is too busy now with the Manhattan so I don't know what he could do for you.

When you find something out post it and let us all know. I post here and on my site what I know. I'm too busy with Map Master to keep in contact with daily details happening like when the conversion was going on.

Find out and let us know.:)

Sir, you mis-understand what we are saying

1. SRL & SV should be upfront, regularly, we shouldn't be spokes- people for them, back in Jan, it made sense for you to help them out and it was MUCH ,appreciated. But we all are way past that craziness now.
2. There should be a permanent thread, from them with updates on programming

We meant no ill will towards you at all

I don't think they will put their own thread here. SRL does have a News link on their webpage. This is my experience with SRL. They never said a lot unlike NPS. NPS boasted about getting this & that, new vaporware and the like with IPTV. While NPS boasted SRL just did quietly behind the scenes. SRL usually got channels faster then NPS and posted when something was available. Is the quiet approach a good thing??? Maybe yes maybe no. There is an old saying "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS"

I would never rate SRL with pizza/cable customer service in anyway. Being a small company they tend to favor the customer. With the big players you are a number and treated coldly 99% of the time. The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. If you don't believe me jump over the fence and see.

I talk with SRL & Sky occasionally for updates from sources. But I get more or less what has been told here on the forum. So as of today all the news for the moment has been posted. That does not mean that things aren't going on quietly behind the scenes. We are just not privy to it here yet. I do the same with MM since boasting about something that isn't etched in stone can backfire.

Like I said with Denver the budget was strained and I don't forsee it happening within the next few months for sure. The bottom line is the money is not there. That stupid green piece of paper makes things happen or not daily.

This is the latest news from SRL I have: 4DTV Online...

Things are what they are, we need to be happy as is. If you need a lot of fluff and filler channels move right along over to pizza or cable. It will be quite an experience I guarantee it.
So these channels that H2H doesn't carry are considered "fluff" or "filler" channels? So H2H will never carry "fluff" or "filler" channels & therefore if I want these "fluff"--"filler" channels, then I need to drop H2H & go with "Pizza"?

sounds like srl and sky are talking like NPS getting your hopes up just to let you down . best thing to do is dont by there programming

So these channels that H2H doesn't carry are considered "fluff" or "filler" channels? So H2H will never carry "fluff" or "filler" channels & therefore if I want these "fluff"--"filler" channels, then I need to drop H2H & go with "Pizza"?

If you want pizza why do you have H2H?? Call pizza give them your social security number and credit card number, do a credit check, have them schedule the install. Sign when the install is done for acceptance of the 2 year contract. Pay your teaser for 1 year then pay full price for year two. Don't be late on your payment even a day or you will get late charges and possible transfered to collections dept. Pay a fee to have the service man come out if you have problems or take their monthly protection plan. Expect to be called regularly to be up sold and extend your contract for 2 more years. If you decide to bail out early you will have to pay ETF fees up to $500.00 depending on time spent and provider. Oh and expect rain fade in storms.That is life with pizza in a nutshell, all from first hand experience If you accept all that it is only a phone call away....:popcorn

If you want pizza why do you have H2H?? Call pizza give them your social security number and credit card number, do a credit check, have them schedule the install. Sign when the install is done for acceptance of the 2 year contract. Pay your teaser for 1 year then pay full price for year two. Don't be late on your payment even a day or you will get late charges and possible transfered to collections dept. Pay a fee to have the service man come out if you have problems or take their monthly protection plan. Expect to be called regularly to be up sold and extend your contract for 2 more years. If you decide to bail out early you will have to pay ETF fees up to $500.00 depending on time spent and provider. Oh and expect rain fade in storms.That is life with pizza in a nutshell, all from first hand experience If you accept all that it is only a phone call away....:popcorn
Unfortunately I don't have Pizza nor do I want it. Or at least I didn't. But if this is SkyVision's or SRL's thoughts & considers the Denver Networks, Spike, USA, TNT, TBS, HBO, Showtime, PPV & HD "Fluff" or "Filler" channels, I probably won't support H2H much longer. I can only hope that these are your opinions & not the opinions of SV or SRL.

If you want pizza why do you have H2H?? Call pizza give them your social security number and credit card number, do a credit check, have them schedule the install. Sign when the install is done for acceptance of the 2 year contract.
Gee I can buy a Dish receiver, set it up myself and sign up with no contract, no SSN needed to give and no credit check.

Expect to be called regularly to be up sold and extend your contract for 2 more years.
really? I've been called once and that was for premium programming which doesnt extend a contract. Only if you upgrade the receiver. So lets not lie to folks. If you call in to them they try to upsell and that is their job. Damn Hoss when I call Sprint they try to upsell me. When I call Qwest they try and upsell me. Thats how business works ;)

If you decide to bail out early you will have to pay ETF fees up to $500.00 depending on time spent and provider.
as with any contract
Oh and expect rain fade in storms.That is life with pizza in a nutshell, all from first hand experience If you accept all that it is only a phone call away....:popcorn

And not everyone has rain fade as much as you "claim" you do. Gee I wonder if the rain fade issues had to do with the receiver issues you have had (just a thought)

Unfortunately I don't have Pizza nor do I want it. Or at least I didn't. But if this is SkyVision's or SRL's thoughts & considers the Denver Networks, Spike, USA, TNT, TBS, HBO, Showtime, PPV & HD "Fluff" or "Filler" channels, I probably won't support H2H much longer. I can only hope that these are your opinions & not the opinions of SV or SRL.
dont forget A&E, Tru TV and some others like that too :)

Gee I can buy a Dish receiver, set it up myself and sign up with no contract, no SSN needed to give and no credit check.
Don't forget Ice that Dishnet will charge you an activation fee if you do it that way. Between $50 and $100 I believe.

And not everyone has rain fade as much as you "claim" you do. Gee I wonder if the rain fade issues had to do with the receiver issues you have had (just a thought)
I have 12 DTV receivers and used a few to look at signal strength when the D-10 dies out, they read zero also so that claim is highly unlikely. It would be nice but I truly doubt it. I offered you to come on down to Chicago and hook up a receiver and see for yourself. That offer still stand's. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)