Discovery Channels still there

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
oh well. I guess when someone asks about it what are we suppose to do? Ignore it?

As the moderator, you could clean up the floor!!!... :eek:

But then again, as much as I hate pizza, there has been some

good discussions when threads go astray! ;)

So what was this thread about??? :confused:

As the moderator, you could clean up the floor!!!...
why should I? I clean up enough crap lately with the political crap that has decided to show up.
Gee I guess next time someone asks for advice I'll say "I'd like to respond but obviously some people will get all huffy about it" :rolleyes:

But then again, as much as I hate pizza,
how can you not like pizza? I like mine with pepperoni, extra cheese and sausage :)
I also like my DBS...and my FTA :)

So what was this thread about??? :confused:
you're a big boy...you figure it out

In the Dish area there are "DIRT" Dish Internet Response Team" folks who can set you up on the Welcome Pack from the get-go. These are the ONLY folks who can do it

Dont go through Customer Service. This package is a unadvertised one that only specific reps can offer

I guess I missed that part. I think for now, like this weekend maybe, I'll try the 60 foot high aerial antenna idea first since it is the locals I really want. If that don't work, Ill try the "DIRT" Dish Internet Response Team"
At last check, and that was 8 minutes ago, the Discovery channels were still on H2H.
Still no "Fluff" or "Filler" channels though.

how can you not like pizza? I like mine with pepperoni, extra cheese and sausage :)
I also like my DBS...and my FTA :)

I am more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy. :hungry:

I love 4DTV and my FTA :up

The money that I save by not subbing to DBS puts more than just pizza on my table! ;)

& will try to add another 20 feet of water pipe to my existing 40 foot tall aerial antenna making it a total of 60 feet high to try & pick up those Seattle stations that are only 60 miles away.

Look here for some pointers on receiving long distance OTA:

WTFDA Forums

truckracer said:
if you cant find something to watch on W5 you may need to just go outside and do some other activity.

Yeah! Fire up the grill or sumtin

Well, my subscription ran out on the 20th. So, I got on WEB-SAMS and renewed my Family Pak for 6 more months which includes all of the Discovery channels. So far all of the Discovery channels are still working.

jspan said:
Well, my subscription ran out on the 20th. So, I got on WEB-SAMS and renewed my Family Pak for 6 more months which includes all of the Discovery channels. So far all of the Discovery channels are still working.

Great!

... So far all of the Discovery channels are still working.

Except the main Discovery Channel. The one I want back, mainly for the Gold Rush Alaska series and Auction Kings.

Planet Green is well on it's way to becoming the next History Channel. It has been airing UFO, Bermuda Triangle and ghost programming lately.

I realise this is just a pipe dream, but why can't they auth the channels on other sats for us through Skyvision?

This would leave it up to the consumer to install a motorised dish - if they want those extra channels, otherwise they can have a fixed dish on X4.

I realise this is just a pipe dream, but why can't they auth the channels on other sats for us through Skyvision?

This would leave it up to the consumer to install a motorised dish - if they want those extra channels, otherwise they can have a fixed dish on X4.

Unless something has changed recently, I think those chs are in a format our boxes can't decode, iow megapipe.

Channels that are part of the HITS 4160 universe that are not megapipe in theory could be authorized. It costs $1000 a month to add a satellite to be mapped in, plus I'm sure tier bit access fees and contracts for carriage from HITS and the programmers themselves. A bit of red tape to get through.

If were talking dreams they could change the EMM on all the masters and give them back to us using HITS ACC. The real holdup would be $$$$$$$$. If you put enough green on the table Motorola & Comcast would bite. Anyone a multi billionaire want to throw some cash at the project??? I'm lucky if I have enough money for a cup of coffee lately so I'm out as an financial investor. :(

Planet Green is well on it's way to becoming the next History Channel. It has been airing UFO, Bermuda Triangle and ghost programming lately.

"Cable" TV channels seem to adopt names, change format...change name.....change format.....change name again.....oh wait....that's just like (big city) RADIO!

Channels that are part of the HITS 4160 universe that are not megapipe in theory could be authorized. It costs $1000 a month to add a satellite to be mapped in, plus I'm sure tier bit access fees and contracts for carriage from HITS and the programmers themselves. A bit of red tape to get through.
:(
I've read this before about the $1000/month mapping fee - what pisses me off is their maps are/were crap, what the heck are they charging for?!

Discovery are paying M for maps, why pay per satellite? Surely all Discovery services could be covered with a single tier bit?

Yes I'm ranting, but for pity's sake, the programming is there, we have the kit, we're prepared to pay, we can't get megapipe and we know that, so why won't they sell access to the channels, it stinks stinks stinks.

I've read this before about the $1000/month mapping fee - what pisses me off is their maps are/were crap, what the heck are they charging for?!

Discovery are paying M for maps, why pay per satellite? Surely all Discovery services could be covered with a single tier bit?

Yes I'm ranting, but for pity's sake, the programming is there, we have the kit, we're prepared to pay, we can't get megapipe and we know that, so why won't they sell access to the channels, it stinks stinks stinks.

I think back in the day Discovery had 2 tier bits One for the core channels the other for the digital suite. Its still the same I bet with the masters.

Motorola just wants to rape for anything they do thats why the costs are so high. I found something out very interesting in a conversation today. HITS will sell any of their services including HD to us. Whats holding things up is us having access to a HD or megapipe box. If we could somehow get someone to build us a box in small numbers we would be set. It will not be Motorola though we know that. If we could get enough cash to buy a license to have someone else build new Digicipher boxes for us we will win.

Last edited:
I think back in the day Discovery had 2 tier bits One for the core channels the other for the digital suite. Its still the same I bet with the masters.

Motorola just wants to rape for anything they do thats why the costs are so high. I found something out very interesting in a conversation today. HITS will sell any of their services including HD to us. Whats holding things up is us having access to a HD or megapipe box. If we could somehow get someone to build us a box in small numbers we would be set. It will not be Motorola though we know that. If we could get enough cash to buy a license to have someone else build new Digicipher boxes for us we will win.

As far as building new, Isn't there a licensing thing to get around with DC2 and or Motorola?? Plus I'm seeing lots of shaw boxes (dsr505hd and 530hd) on ebay. Can't those be issued / re purposed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts