Discovery Channels still there

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tvropro said:
I found something out very interesting in a conversation today. HITS will sell any of their services including HD to us.

This is potentially exciting news, what if we could 'mod' Shaw boxes with HITS maps & EMM?

What about Commercial Receivers, will they activate those? As I understand it, you can specify the provider EMM.

This is potentially exciting news, what if we could 'mod' Shaw boxes with HITS maps & EMM?

One of the things we talked about with MapMaster is to mod Shaw boxes with full US maps. This will give us megapipe boxes to play with when stuff goes FP. I know we can mod them even if Motorola won't. ;)

In theory yes Motorola can change the firmware and allow Shaw boxes on HITS and map. EMM is no biggie, auth reset then allow the UID to be active in HITS stream.

What about Commercial Receivers, will they activate those? As I understand it, you can specify the provider EMM.
They will auth them if your using them in a headend.

tvropro said:
I think back in the day Discovery had 2 tier bits One for the core channels the other for the digital suite. Its still the same I bet with the masters.

Motorola just wants to rape for anything they do thats why the costs are so high. I found something out very interesting in a conversation today. HITS will sell any of their services including HD to us. Whats holding things up is us having access to a HD or megapipe box. If we could somehow get someone to build us a box in small numbers we would be set. It will not be Motorola though we know that. If we could get enough cash to buy a license to have someone else build new Digicipher boxes for us we will win.

When you say "any"' this excludes HBO, Showtime etc?

When you say "any"' this excludes HBO, Showtime etc?

Knowing of the dirty deals made with pizza to keep HBO & Show off our platform I would think that would still be in force. But honestly IMO the movie channels these days are a glimmer of what they once were. There are so many other sources to get movies these days those big two are just shooting themselves in the foot.

tvropro said:
Knowing of the dirty deals made with pizza to keep HBO & Show off our platform I would think that would still be in force. But honestly IMO the movie channels these days are a glimmer of what they once were. There are so many other sources to get movies these days those big two are just shooting themselves in the foot.

That's a fair comment, just thought I'd ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)