DISH 2016 CES Press Event

I know my Joey in the kitchen is a Joey 1 because it's from the first day the Hopper system was available. It's very slow too.

I'm glad I happened on to this forum. I just ordered Dish today for installation next week. Should I cancel to see when the new Hopper 3 will be available? Also,
I need some advice on what I really need for my home. Just wife and I and although we have 6 TVs we only regularly watch three of them. Where do I go for advice? Thanks

I'm glad I happened on to this forum. I just ordered Dish today for installation next week. Should I cancel to see when the new Hopper 3 will be available? Also,
I need some advice on what I really need for my home. Just wife and I and although we have 6 TVs we only regularly watch three of them. Where do I go for advice? Thanks

I would cancel that order and wait for the h3. It's supposed to be available near the end of the month. Maybe you can get by with dvds till then. :)

As far as EQ it will be an h3 and however many joeys you need. The h3 is $15 a month and joeys are $7.

you would be absolutely crazy not to go for the Hopper 3. The previous Hoppers are dinosaurs compared to the new one with old poorly designed user interface. I believe the new Hopper 3 has Dish's new redesigned software.

Definitely take Scott's advice.

If there was a single dish upgrade path for the 1000+ who have international channels, I would be in line for the Hopper 3 like anyone else (sadly there isn't). I'm definitely jealous of you guys who have the easy option for the Hopper 3 as we've had the first gen hopper since it was released.

Reactions: stardust3
Thanks for the advice. I will ask for the Hopper 3 and if it is not available I will not schedule until it is. I'm in no hurry anyway. Thanks

Your order is good for 30 days, so you should be good till the h3 becomes available.

If you only really watch three TVs then I would get a Hopper 3 with three Joeys. You can find a way to mirror off of one or more of the Joeys to the extra TVs you have if you watch to be able to watch Dish on them as well. Another option is to get one Wireless Joey that way you can bring it to other rooms if you want to. Your monthly equipment fees would be $15 for the Hopper 3, and a total of $21 for the three Joeys for a grand total of $36.

Ugh. I'm excited to get the Hopper 3 but I am not looking forward to climbing on my roof to put the new LNB on my dish. I also need to figure out what to do with the two extra cables there.

Reactions: Foxbat and bspei
Ugh. I'm excited to get the Hopper 3 but I am not looking forward to climbing on my roof to put the new LNB on my dish. I also need to figure out what to do with the two extra cables there.
You can tie two of them down at the LNB and terminate the other. At the hub end tie down the port 1 coax to the hub and terminate the other two... If your working cable goes bad you have built in redundancy.

Reactions: stardust3