DISH 2016 CES Press Event

We see about HDMI 2.0 from my beauty post #1 but hopelee I'm wrong but one can even know in tell we get them in our hands as I all ready got a blu-ray play with HDMI 2.0 that will work not with RCA TV but dose work LG TV go figure.
Again like I said, go to DIRECTV, Comcast or others but you will find they have the same requirements. This is being set by the program providers not DISH.

Read my other post to Scott about hard drive, any way then in a year from now I'm beating on next year Dish dose add more harddrive to next hopper I come back to this post here see look I told you so, I know what happing and believe me one harddrive is not good enough Fiveft20in let alone with 16 Tuners or 10 with one harddrive it is just bearly good enough for 8 tuner and with few playback at some time but I think 6 is the more idea sweetspot with out causing data corruption unless you used good awful low bitrate or if it had SSD that has speed to wirte and read that much data all at same time.

Thats nice but thats just you 1 out of millions. No one else cares.

Keep in mind dish only dose mostly in house testing and I'm sure there few outsider tester as well but it never the same as real world testing soon as ever one get there hand on them.

I would say for this comment, you have ZERO clue of what you are talking about.

P.S. it has nonething to do with negative slant post or what ever I'm sure Scott nice guy but if he can't see my point view other then (Again why spend the money?) then that tell me he dosen't see big pciture has ever built PC DVR or own a real Standalone DVR this big my guest is no.

Actually I have a mythtv setup complete with cable card and HD Homerun setup here. But that has ZERO to do with what your asking.

Again like I said, go to DIRECTV, Comcast or others but you will find they have the same requirements. This is being set by the program providers not DISH.

Thats nice but thats just you 1 out of millions. No one else cares.

I would say for this comment, you have ZERO clue of what you are talking about.

Actually I have a mythtv setup complete with cable card and HD Homerun setup here. But that has ZERO to do with what your asking.
And I laughed.

Do you have these in an enclosed cabinet where they are overheating? That is very unusual to lose 1 let alone 2 hard drives that fast.

Glass doors with about a half inch space between them, lots of space above it and a good portion of the back cut out due to the depth of my audio receiver. Would that cause a problem? It never seemed to matter in the past (both happened within about 9 months last year and I've had the Hopper since it came out).

We see about HDMI 2.0 from my beauty post #1 but hopelee I'm wrong but one can even know in tell we get them in our hands as I all ready got a blu-ray play with HDMI 2.0 that will work not with RCA TV but dose work LG TV go figure.
No joined a long time and I ready posted that once before but my profile was not here for some off wall reason as the last time I was here I think that was 2012 I don't recall off hand when but I did ask 1st Hopper and for some wire help and some one here posted pdf on rigth way to do it.
Read my other post to Scott about hard drive, any way then in a year from now I'm beating on next year Dish dose add more harddrive to next hopper I come back to this post here see look I told you so, I know what happing and believe me one harddrive is not good enough Fiveft20in let alone with 16 Tuners or 10 with one harddrive it is just bearly good enough for 8 tuner and with few playback at some time but I think 6 is the more idea sweetspot with out causing data corruption unless you used good awful low bitrate or if it had SSD that has speed to wirte and read that much data all at same time.
I have had PC DVR for 15 years I know what works and what dosen't.
Keep in mind dish only dose mostly in house testing and I'm sure there few outsider tester as well but it never the same as real world testing soon as ever one get there hand on them.
P.S. it has nonething to do with negative slant post or what ever I'm sure Scott nice guy but if he can't see my point view other then (Again why spend the money?) then that tell me he dosen't see big pciture has ever built PC DVR or own a real Standalone DVR this big my guest is no.

Is English your first language? It's fine if it's not. In fact it would explain a lot.

I see a couple of things that you may not be giving due consideration:
1. Most SageTV configurations (certainly not all) are recording MPEG2 and as such, the recordings require considerably more storage. I suppose scripted (or daemonized) transcoding would be possible, but certainly not a mainstream thing.

2. It is exceedingly unlikely that DISH's programming vendors would allow DISH to directly place content where it is readily accessible (i.e. SAMBA shares). DIRECTV seems to have avoided archiving like the plague and even TiVo is careful about HD transfers.

3. I'm pretty sure there is a hard ceiling on how many recordings you can currently save (I believe it is around 1,000). I have lots of one hour shows and a number of movies totaling almost 600 programs and there's still some room left. I'm not sure how large the user space is, but it is a good deal less than 2TB. Clearly the limit could be upped, but the overhead involved may become onerous; especially without across the board folder support.
1: Hmm did you forget about something oh wait ATSC, QAM and Cable Card Tuner are MPEG2-HD not SD and let not for get about Hauppauage HD-PVR/Colossus H264 Hardware Encoder and it not only app out there NextPVR, MCE, Emby even Linux MythTV and min othere there is a fellowing out there.
2: I know that and funny thing is TiVo as I under stand it allow you transfer recordings to PC go figure.
3: Don't forget about playback which one other reason you need mulit-drive

1: Hmm did you forget about something oh wait ATSC, QAM and Cable Card Tuner are MPEG2-HD not SD and let not for get about Hauppauage HD-PVR/Colossus H264 Hardware Encoder and it not only app out there NextPVR, MCE, Emby even Linux MythTV and min othere there is a fellowing out there.
2: I know that and funny thing is TiVo as I under stand it allow you transfer recordings to PC go figure.

Your talking gibberish again do you live in your moms basement?

Glass doors with about a half inch space between them, lots of space above it and a good portion of the back cut out due to the depth of my audio receiver. Would that cause a problem? It never seemed to matter in the past (both happened within about 9 months last year and I've had the Hopper since it came out).
Make sure there is open space on both sides of the Hopper as thats where the fan and intake vents are. If the Hopper is shoved tight to one side, it will overheat.

Reactions: loubon
Other than citing an example of a device capable of h.264, I'm not sure how what you're saying differs from what I've said. Do you use a Colossus to feed your SageTV? If so, you're one of those <1%ers. Otherwise, your confusing tuners (ATSC, QAM, SDV) with capture devices (Hauppauge PVR) and that's completely wrong.
If the content is flagged, a TiVo will NOT allow the transfer.
If, as we're being assured (and reassured), the Hopper 3 can handle 24 simultaneous sessions ("up to" 17 tuners and 7 viewings), you apparently don't really need multi-drive configurations to handle lots of sessions.

Reactions: navychop
question for Scott...

do you think that Dish will release a hybrid LNB for customers with the 1000+ for internationals?

I feel like a lot of people will not like the idea of using two dishes for Hopper 3 just to keep internationals from 118.7.

Reactions: charlesrshell
question for Scott...

do you think that Dish will release a hybrid LNB for customers with the 1000+ for internationals?

I feel like a lot of people will not like the idea of using two dishes for Hopper 3 just to keep internationals from 118.7.
They need one for the 7 EA markets with locals on 77 too, like me.

It's actually only 4

DMAs where locals are only available at the 77? orbital location:
Bluefield, WV
Cincinnati, OH
Louisville, KY
Lima, OH

There are actually 2 Joeys out there now, the original Joey and the 2.0. Yes the original Joey is slow but the 2.0 has a much faster CPU. I have heard rumors (not confirmed) that those getting a H3 will have their joeys upgraded to the 2.0 Joey as well. (Again UNCONFIRMED)
Scott, is the 2.0 Joey different from the Super Joey? I assumed so and called DISH tech support to inquire about availability/cost. Initially he said that there are only the original Joey and the Super Joey. He also said that switching to a Super Joey would not improve its response. (When I said slow originally, I meant almost a second to respond to skip fwd/back. He said that's normal for a Joey.) However, later he slipped, or hinted, that there is another Joey out there that hasn't been released to the field yet. Now I'm wondering if I misinterpreted your reference to a 2.0 Joey or I should pose this to one of the DIRT folks to get past the first line of DISH support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)