DISH 2016 CES Press Event

I hope this turns out to be true. Watching the Live stream they said is it would be a zero cost upgrade for qualified new accounts. The word "new" which Scott didn't type makes me wonder if existing customers can upgrade for free. Past history would make me think that Dish will not let existing customers upgrade for free, at least in the beginning. When they allow existing customers to upgrade there is usually an upgrade fee at first. I hope I'm wrong because I think the hopper 3 and a couple 4K joeys would make for a major upgrade for my current 2HWS setup.

The H3 will keep a lot of customers who have been thinking of leaving dish as customers. I don't see it being very much if anything to upgrade as long as you agree to a two year commitment.

How many EHDs can I hook up at one time. The current limit is two. I have 3 at the moment and one is hooked to my second HWS. Will I be able to hook up all 3 to H3?

JT that's complicated to answer as I have seen it vary based on who made the hard drive. I have also heard people building huge raid drives.

So I have a question.... ATM my setup is 3 TV's one of which has just been upgraded to a 4K TV (and thus i want to get the H3 for it) but ,my other two 1080P TV's in other rooms have a Joey each. Here's my question , does the Hopper 3 work with two of the old Joeys or will they need to be replaced and if they do will it be at a cost (or a higher monthly rate??)

Thanks guys

Martin

So I have a question.... ATM my setup is 3 TV's one of which has just been upgraded to a 4K TV (and thus i want to get the H3 for it) but ,my other two 1080P TV's in other rooms have a Joey each. Here's my question , does the Hopper 3 work with two of the old Joeys or will they need to be replaced and if they do will it be at a cost (or a higher monthly rate??)

Thanks guys

Martin
The H3 is compatible with regular joeys, wireless joeys and 4K joeys. The only joeys that won't work with it are super joeys.

Thanks guys

Martin
Yes will work with the existing Joeys.

I want it noooow! Lol. But it will probably cost me an arm and a leg on my pia account.
I wouldn't mind, problem is I would need, The Hopper 3 and 3 more Joeys if I turn in my Hoppers now and 211.
I plan on adding an additional 211.
But I don't see a great deal for me cost wise, on what would essentially be an entire new system upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They are, plus I mentioned it. They are always complaining about having recording conflicts. I will have them call dish when it comes it, but they probably would make them pay something as they just got hooked up

I did the same thing. Just signed up with dish end of December and phone rep said it would be a 4K hopper I would be getting, and I just found these forums so I didn't know any better. Hope I can upgrade as I have a 4K Samsung tv.

Since I have Gigabit Ethernet throughout the house, can I have the Hopper 3 and a Joey plugged into my LAN? Or does it need to be connected via coax/MOCA?

Scott will the Carbon UI be released to current Hoppers before the Hopper3 ships? And should we wait to upgrade until our current Hoppers/HWS get the Carbon UI?

I'd hate to go restore my timers and the new UI can't read the old data.

Since I have Gigabit Ethernet throughout the house, can I have the Hopper 3 and a Joey plugged into my LAN? Or does it need to be connected via coax/MOCA?

While it will probably work, it is probably not a supported method of connection as other things happening on your network could effect your overall performance.

Maybe it's just me but I've been waiting a year since the 4K Joey was announced to replace my next to unusable regular Joey's.
Accoding to retailers the release date of the 4K Joey is on the 15th. I don't however know if that date has changed or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts