Dish 622/722 L444 Software Release Notes

Not sure if this pertains to this update...

but my audio cuts out or my video will pixelate periodically on CBS and FOX.

I just got Dish a week ago....is this what is causing it or do I have a different problem?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Looks like L444 fixed my "connection failure" issue when trying to connect via broadband over homelink. Works great now.

OTA Channel reception, audio sync, etc. all seem to still be working fine.

I know all of my OTA signal dropouts were completely fixed several updates ago. But they have come back on L444. Since then my NBC and CBS drops out every 5 minutes or so, and my FOX station drops out every couple of minutes.

I hope this is not the last update for OTA lost signals.

The latest firmware has degraded the value of my OTA signal as well. It used to be more solid with my signal strength at or around 65-75.

The strange thing is I will just be watching a show and suddenly I'll get the off air signal is lost box. I never even used to see that box before the latest firmware.

The latest firmware has degraded the value of my OTA signal as well. It used to be more solid with my signal strength at or around 65-75.

The strange thing is I will just be watching a show and suddenly I'll get the off air signal is lost box. I never even used to see that box before the latest firmware.

That's the same problem I've been having. I hope they come up with a fix for this really fast. Most of my DVR recordings come from my OTA. Especially since the new TV season has started.

I know all of my OTA signal dropouts were completely fixed several updates ago. But they have come back on L444. Since then my NBC and CBS drops out every 5 minutes or so, and my FOX station drops out every couple of minutes.

I hope this is not the last update for OTA lost signals.

Same here! My OTA had been working great for a few months. I called and emailed. They basicaly told me tough s**t!

has anyone seen anything positive since this update?
I dont see any menu changes or any visual changes, but I am old and have bad eyes...

I dunno, but one thing I wish they would update visually is to label the OTA recordings as "HD" like they do all other HD Recordings. Even if I do have external HDD capacity, I still want to know what is filling up my hard drive space.

Dish!?!? Can you label OTA as HD too? Please?!?

OTA isn't always HD though. For instance, our local CW and Fox Affiliates are SD digital in a quality that makes Dish SD look much much better. :)

True, OTA isn't always HD but the box should be smart enough to look at the bitrate of what it has recorded and make a reasonable judgement to label it HD or not.

Don't even need to look at the bitrate.. Could just look at the res of the channel. Our HD channels put out 1080i or 720p no matter if the show is SD or not, but the SD channels are always 480i.. :)

Don't even need to look at the bitrate.. Could just look at the res of the channel. Our HD channels put out 1080i or 720p no matter if the show is SD or not, but the SD channels are always 480i.. :)

That would work in DMA 6....all of our OTA station upconvert there signal to whatever there standard broadcast res is....so even if it is SD material...the res is 1080i/720p depending on the network affiliate they belong too.

OTA isn't always HD though. :)

Okay... may be they are not all HD (some Digital)... However, DISH does not have a problem to label all of my OTA channels in the EPG under the Favs "All HD Channels". So why can't they be consistant and label the shows as HD as well?

Because they are not the ones doing the labeling.

Tribune Media provides the info to Dish, Direct, TiVo, etc.

Garbage in garbage out.

Tribune doesn't put that big "HD" out to the right of the event name when something is recorded from a satellite HD channel, so they don't need to be involved to do the same thing to events of >480 resolution or >(whatever bitrate) that are recorded from OTA channels.

Exactly....

I'm not referring to the Program Guide Information.

I'm talking about whether or not it has the HD watermark next to a recorded program. Dish will put this next to any program that was recorded from an HD channel... regardless if it was HD program or not.

I'm just asking that they would do the same thing for HD OTA recordings as well. They do in fact list these channels in the "All HD Channels" in the program guide anyway. It should not be too difficult for them to do. (I hope not - Easy for me to say! :D ) Maybe it was just an oversight or something they had lower on their list of "to do's" when they were rushing the software out.

---

While I'm thinking about it... another thing I wish they would update with their software is to add further support for the External HDD. It would be nice if it was more consistant with the other menu screens.

1. Show the Video Screen of the current Tuner selected
2. Allow the Sort functions
3. Add the Grouping features

The HD watermark or graphic is a gimmick. They label my CBS's weather sub-channel as HD, ABC's -2 sub-channel, which is the SD feed, as HD, 4 out of the 5 PBS sub-channels are labeled HD when in fact only the 5th one is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts