Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Note this software is going to be slowly rolled out, so far it is only available to the folks in the Atlanta, GA and the Denver, CO area.

It may be a few weeks before it is available to all.

Here are the release notes.

* IPTV Movie Downloads
* New Remote Mode pop-up (when the user tunes off the satellite)
* Allow access to the external hard drive from TV1 or TV2 (only one at a time)
* Signal acquisition improvements
* DishCOMM modem improvements
* Miscellaneous maintenance fixes

See, when you are tuned to an OTA channel, you are in "nearby mode" since the signal is coming from nearby.

When you are tuned to a satellite channel, you are in remote mode for obvious reasons.

They added a pop-up that notifies you that you are leaving remote mode, since it's "when the user tunes off the satellite".

Clearly, I just made all this up just for the fun of it. :D

I bet if you are watching satellite programming and your little kid has put the remote in TV mode, you press channel down, the TV goes off it's video input to another mode and when you get back to your satellite programming you see a pop-up which tells you what happened.

Or maybe whenever you change your mode on your remote it puts it on the screen???

Sounds annoying...turn up the volume and have a pop-up 'You just turned the sound up, are you sure you want to be doing this in TV mode? You're in danger!"

it's probably only when you hit the button itself

I have a TV w/ remote that does that when i push it's mode button

Expecting something like this? God help us all.
User Access Control

Your receiver needs your permission to continue.

If you started this action, continue.

:up Adjust volume level on TV

[Continue] [Cancel]

User Access Control helps prevent unauthorized changes to your TV.
:D

Note this software is going to be slowly rolled out, so far it is only available to the folks in the Atlanta, GA and the Denver, CO area.
So if I "move" to the Denver or Atlanta areas, can I get this s/w update quicker ? It's not fair that they get it and I don't. Can I change the zip code on my receiver and force the update ?

So if I "move" to the Denver or Atlanta areas, can I get this s/w update quicker ? It's not fair that they get it and I don't. Can I change the zip code on my receiver and force the update ?

Ha! That would be a new reason to move (to get a software update). If they are doing it by zip code, then I guess it would work. Who knows. Give it a shot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)