Dish 622/722 L446 Software Release Notes

perhaps "Remote Mode Pop-Up" is something to do when you are scheduling recordings via internet. Maybe there will be some sort of message that alerts you that there was a change made to the DVR timers?

Just another guess.... I'm thinking maybe "Remote" is the other type of "Remote".. not the controller type. ;)

I wonder what the DishComm improvements are? Will they support Network Passwords (ie Nekwork Encryption Keys) now? As it is, you have to set your Power Line adapter to HomePlug in order for the 622.

This is the equiv of requiring your WiFi WEP Key be set to "default".

perhaps "Remote Mode Pop-Up" is something to do when you are scheduling recordings via internet. Maybe there will be some sort of message that alerts you that there was a change made to the DVR timers?

Just another guess.... I'm thinking maybe "Remote" is the other type of "Remote".. not the controller type. ;)

Or maybe "New Remote Mode pop-up" will alert you when you have lost your remote.....OK enough already:idea:

I have access to a Denver metro-based receiver and have found the following with L446 on a 622:

* IPTV Movie Downloads
As reported elsewhere, this seems to be pretty cool. Prices seem reasonable and it gives the PPV folks a lot more to choose from. On the downside, you will have to wait for the download (unlike PPV) and will not be able to save with the DVR (unlike PPV). And none are free (unlike DirecTV).

Cursor behavior is a little odd on the initial screen. For example you can highlight thumbnail icons of "we recommend" movies. Down cursor goes to the icon below. However, neither down cursor or right cursor move to icon to right. Instead everything is column-based. To move to these icons, cursor to the right (next column) then cursor down through the three buttons to the icon. From that point, right cursor goes to the expected icon (while down cursor actually goes up to the bottom button!).

The search menus suggest a change to searching. There is an option to select "DishONLINE" followed by a row of selections for Title, Actor, Themes, Keyword. All are boxes that can be selected with the remote. I find it odd to see the DishONLINE option unless this screen will be used elsewhere in the future (DVR events, EPG). Also, you may only search one type at a time (Title, etc) - no multiple field searches. One nice thing is that as you key in your keyword for the search, the results pane lists matching results that change as you continue to enter more characters to your keyword. Nice!
* New Remote Mode pop-up (when the user tunes off the satellite)
I've hunted through all the menus and cannot find anything new for this. I have also switched channels from sat to ant and have not noticed anything new yet. This one puzzles me and I'd like to know what it does.
* Allow access to the external hard drive from TV1 or TV2 (only one at a time)
Sorry, nothing new to see for single-mode users. Any dual-mode users want to chime in?
* Signal acquisition improvements
Not sure what this is intended to do. Possibly speed up sat acquisition? Improve reception of HD OTA signals? Regardless, I did notice that the OTA scan picked up a couple of channels that weren't picked up during the last scan a couple of months ago. Probably a coincidence, though. Maintaining signal lock on OTA does not appear to be any better than L4xx for this particular installation. The lock and ID of a satellite does seem faster on the Point Dish screen (menu 6-1-1).
* DishCOMM modem improvements
Hopefully this will remove the ridiculous 588 error when using broadband without a phone line. Time will tell... More likely it was something to enable Dish on Demand. Which, by the way, seems to work flawlessly with a HomePlug connection to ethernet router (i.e. not using the ethernet port on the receiver).
* Miscellaneous maintenance fixes
Yeah, right - like we will ever know what those are!

I've hunted through all the menus and cannot find anything new for this. I have also switched channels from sat to ant and have not noticed anything new yet. This one puzzles me and I'd like to know what it does.
I might have figured this one out. While recording on both sat tuners I switched to an OTA tuner. When attempting to switch to another channel (channel up), I got a dialog box advising that I had a recording in progress and did I want to cancel the recording. The dialog was familiar, but it was all in a dark blue - definitely not the usual color scheme. Can anyone confirm what I am seeing? Can anyone confirm whether this dialog is new for this situation?

To elaborate, it's a graphic of the top of a remote on the screen saying that you've put your remote into TV/VCR/AUX mode and to press SAT before operating your receiver. It's about the size of the floating music banner and also floats.

As usual, wrong information

I was told last night I would be receiving the software update early this morning. Apparently, I was told the wrong information.

I just had CS try to force my update and they could not do it...they tried though.
They said it went out to a few thousand folks as test scenario and if things looked OK in a few days everyone else would get it. I got me 722 the day it was available back in Aug and still have L445 as of now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)