Dish 622/722 L6.15 Issues Thread

Yes - I should have made that more clear. In my case it is NOT fixed. I'm not having the same DVR locks up and reboots issue; for me 6.15 brought only folders to my EHD - not a fix for the sleep problem.

Crap. That sucks. I've been hoping and hoping for a sleep mode fix for quite a while now. Currently I have my EHD plugged into an outlet in my house that is driven by a light switch. When I want to watch a show on the EHD, I go over and flick off the switch for a minute then back on to reboot the drive and refresh the connection. It works, but it's hokey, kind of like patching a car tire with duct tape.

I've been suspecting this update would not actually fix the sleep mode problem. The only person at Dish that we heard about this fix from in the first place was that woman in the tech chat, and the way she answered didn't instill great confidence. She didn't sound totally sure.

Well, I suppose I'll just bite the bullet and disable sleep mode on the drive. I'm worried it will burn out the drive, but it seems to be my only option.

Please remember:

The folks at Dish Network have asked us here at SatelliteGuys to put up this special L6.15 issues thread.

If you have any issues please post them here. ISSUES ONLY PLEASE

If you want to discuss the L6.15 software please do so by CLICKING HERE.

The folks from Dish Networks engineering department will be following this issues thread closely. AGAIN NO DISCUSSION - ISSUES ONLY!

As one of the original reporters that L615 had more pixelations, I've been monitoring this issue since I first saw it. But after pixelations for the first two days, I happy to report that any abnormal pixelations seemed to have disappeared. I haven't see one pixelation for the past four days. So now I'm beginning to think that what I first reported was just a coincidence. Crossing my fingers.

Dallas FOX audio drops

The problem with the Fox channel in Dallas is still there. When watching from the buffer or something recorded, the audio drops make the program totally unwatchable. This problem has been around for quite awhile.

The problem with the Fox channel in Dallas is still there. When watching from the buffer or something recorded, the audio drops make the program totally unwatchable. This problem has been around for quite awhile.

Press Menu button twice and you will see that your version is still L614.

When Dish is satisfied that the fix is stable, they will release it to everyone.

As one of the original reporters that L615 had more pixelations, I've been monitoring this issue since I first saw it. But after pixelations for the first two days, I happy to report that any abnormal pixelations seemed to have disappeared. I haven't see one pixelation for the past four days. So now I'm beginning to think that what I first reported was just a coincidence. Crossing my fingers.

What location ?

I noticed I had gotten 615 on my 722 last night. No problems so far. I did have some of the problems with 720p channels on 614. I did not see any problems on the recorded Fringe from 11/18 I watched last night nor the live repeat Fringe. Loving the EHD folders!

Ted

I live in Denton 55 miles from the station, I have an outside antenna with amp. I have no issues of any kind with channel 4 and I record freqently on the OTA channel with no issues, I prefer it over 004-00 as it has slightly better resolution. Would like 6.15 for the EHD folders asap

I lost some SD Locals in San Francisco (KGO, KTVU & others.) Some of the SD locals still work. I do not have any OTA antenna connected. The 722 searches for signal & then displays a box stating:

There is no reason to call DishNetwork. We are working on the problem. Goto the guide to continue watching non local channels.

I checked & the 722 is running 615. My 322 receives the SD locals fine.

I don't know if I have L615, but my 722 is resetting itself at a rate of about once per hour...any fixes for that?

More info on L615 in St Louis

After using L615 a few days now, I have more issues than previously thought with recorded material.
While the audio drops have improved on Fox and ABC, they were made MUCH worse on both CBS and NBC HD 1080i. Not only that, a "skip" has been introduced where the stream will freeze and sometimes pixellate. Sometimes it will then skip 5 to 10 seconds ahead, or sometimes just stop and not recover requiring you to exit the recorded program. This situation happens on SAT CBS and NBC HD channels, and on both my 622 and 722.