DISH 622 (L631) & 922 (S110) Software Release Notes

Ok, so this seems to be what I'm looking for. I just called Dish to send my 922 back in for a 722. They want to charge me $100 for a downgrade? They say they don't want it back...so I ask if I can buy a 722 off Ebay and sell my 922. "Well no, cause we own the harware". So let me get this straight...you won't give me anything if I turn it back in cause it's worthless to you, but you won't let me sell it to buy a 722?

Anyway. My issue with the 922 is two things. #1. There is no way to set up timers based on "description" only title. My problem is College Football is titled "College Football" but the teams are in the description. So if I try to set up a timer for "Ohio State" it will never record anything.

#2. I have a Home Theater Master 500 remote that works great. The 922 has an RF remote.. So are you telling me this software update allows the use of an IR remote? Can I use my other 722 remote to "Learn" the MTH 500 remote?

If I can solve at least one half of my issues...I think I can live with the 922.

#2- under settings, remote control, at the bottom is "IR" selection that you can enable so you can use a universal remote. It works fine with my tv's remote. You might try that. Hope it helps.