Dish 942 Lease

For those who e-mailed about leasing the reciever, how long did it take for you to get a response. Thanks.

kccody said:
For those who e-mailed about leasing the reciever, how long did it take for you to get a response. Thanks.

I got mine a few months back and love it!

I sent an e-mail at 11pm one night in August and got a phone call at 1pm the next day...

Thanks for the info. But, whats up with having to keep your phone line plugged in. I for one do not have a phone jack near where the dvr would be.

kccody said:

took me less then 24 hours

Thanks for your response. I hope they are very liberal in allowing a lease. I have been a customer for about 14 months and I am currently leasing an 811 and a 311.

Well, I decided to purchase my second 942 instead. Doesn't make sence to me but E* will have to eat two 942's when Mpeg4 rolls around. What also doesn't make sence to me is that they were willing to lease me a 522, without any restrictions on taking my 721. I took them up on their offer for the $99 522, and they installed a 625 instead. As soon as my wife finishes watching all her recorded programs off the 721, I'll put it up on eBay.

I have a 811 with a second dish for Voom at 61.5. I would like to try to lease a 942 for the DVR. If approved, can I just switch the recievers or is a install required?

DVDDAD said:
Well, I decided to purchase my second 942 instead. Doesn't make sence to me but E* will have to eat two 942's when Mpeg4 rolls around.
I would pull the trigger on a 2nd 942 today if E* were to announce their 962 upgrade plans. D* appears to be way ahead of E* on this one.

Well, thanks to this thread, I gave the executive office email thing a try to lease a 942.

I sent an email on Friday around noon. I got a call back on Saturday. I was offered an 'exception': the $250 lease deal. Also, 1/2 price on HD pack for the first year and half off the cost of a second dish install so I can get the Voom channels ($100 down to $50). Eqquipment is on the way, install is scheduled in about a week and a half.

I have been a customer for quite a few years, so that may have helped. Now, I have to get my TV ordered and delivered. We can't wait!

Good luck!

CB

ChefBoy said:
Well, thanks to this thread, I gave the executive office email thing a try to lease a 942.

I sent an email on Friday around noon. I got a call back on Saturday. I was offered an 'exception': the $250 lease deal. Also, 1/2 price on HD pack for the first year and half off the cost of a second dish install so I can get the Voom channels ($100 down to $50). Eqquipment is on the way, install is scheduled in about a week and a half.

I have been a customer for quite a few years, so that may have helped. Now, I have to get my TV ordered and delivered. We can't wait!

Good luck!

CB
You'll be more than happy :yes

Two hours after I e-mailed dish I received a reply with a offer to lease a 942. I had to pay the $250 up front and they are sending the unit UPS. They will be sending a installer to pick up the 811 that I am leasing now. I asked about the mpeg-4 plans and he did not know anything for certain but said it would be in the spring.

What are the magic words?

Hey gang, I've been a sub with E* since early '97. About a month ago I moved from Florida to Tennessee and did the Dish Mover deal - at the same time I went ahead and decided to lease a 522 (what a great box! I love it). I also own (not lease) a 508. That's a little background info for y'all in the know. Do you think I might be eligible for the 942 lease deal? And, what are the magic words I should say in an e-mail to the exec. offices?

Thanks for the help!

TimR><>

TimR21 said:
Do you think I might be eligible for the 942 lease deal? And, what are the magic words I should say in an e-mail to the exec. offices?

Tim, I just wrote down my general history with DISH. Nothing too detailed, just how long I've been a customer, using CC autopay, what I own, etc. I also mentioned that I was moving to HDTV, but that I was hesitant to buy a 942 at this time given the pending technology changes around the corner. Then, I just asked if they could do the deal. I don't know if I offered any "magic words". My guess is that longevity helps a lot here.

Good luck!

CB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)